It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada can pursue TPP trade deal while protecting supply management: Harper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mods, move as required thanks.

Canada can pursue TPP trade deal while protecting supply management: Harper

Harper is blowing out his pie-hole again, telling the usual lies about being able to sign the TPP, yet being able to protect Canada from the TPP. I think we all have a pretty good idea that all these politico-turds are going to sign all at pretty much the same time. The most recent article is below.

Harper on the TPP

OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada will defend its supply management system for dairy and poultry while still pursuing one of the biggest trade deals in history.

Harper made the comments after a government spokesman denied a published report suggesting the Trans-Pacific Partnership could destabilize the system that governs how dairy products and poultry are sold in Canada.

"I believe these negotiations are going to establish what will become the basis of the international trading network in the Asia Pacific. It is essential in my view that Canada be part of that -- that the Canadian economy be part of that," the prime minister told a news conference Thursday.

"At the same time, we are working to protect our system of supply management and our farmers in other sectors."

Now the way I see it is if this was a good deal, it wouldn't be secret, which it is so it is a bad deal. From what I have read, the tpp could easily harm any signed nation. Now voting on and signing a treaty that you know has a high probability of doing serious or irreparable damage to your nation would fall under treason. So I suggest that if and when this bill gets signed to sign the treaty, we get together and charge all the ministers of parliament that voted yes and Harper with treason and conspiracy to commit treason.

One thing you need to know, politicians in Canada have made a three year law of limitations on treason charges to protect themselves. So chances are, they will try to confuse and obfuscate. What I find extremely disturbing is the secrecy surrounding this treaty that will effect every person in a signed on nation.

So, we have the same problem the US has with obama. Both obama and Harper appear willing to sell out entire Nations for their "thirty pieces of silver."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/25.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I agree that the secret of it makes it very suspect but . I think this was put together as a deal to make the pivot to Asia a reality . I think they may be a little to late in stopping the China/Russia BRICS and the new silk road plans .While the 5 eyes had their eyes looking in one place China and Russia were quietly getting their ducks in order and setting the stage .

St. Petersburg Economic Forum was not a small thing and as far as world business goes that is where the real action is .russia-insider.com...

Russia Surpasses Saudi Arabia as Number One Exporter of Crude Oil to China; Petrodollar Under Threat?
Will Saudi Arabia abandon its 42-year long commitment to sell oil only in USD to win back Chinese market share? Could it? russia-insider.com...

About-Face! Saudi Arabia and Russia Ink Six New Deals, Embark on New 'Petroleum Alliance'
Under the leadership of a new king, Saudi Arabia is reversing course on its Russia policy from 2014 russia-insider.com...

Now we know that the IMF system is reliant on the USD and that includes the petrodollar ,it's not hard to imagine that thigs are going to move in the opposite direction . It was because of Iraq as well as Libya that were going to sell their oil in something other then the USD that they got invaded . Problem now is that China and Russia is neither of those two countries and can throw a bigger punch back .

I think that they are going to do the slow bleed thing rather then the crash thing but the west is probably desporate and had to come up with the TPP deal .

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't think it would qualify.

The Treason Clause applies only to disloyal acts committed during times of war. Acts of dis-loyalty during peacetime are not considered treasonous under the Constitution. Nor do acts of Espionage committed on behalf of an ally constitute treason.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom

I don't think it would qualify.

The Treason Clause applies only to disloyal acts committed during times of war. Acts of dis-loyalty during peacetime are not considered treasonous under the Constitution. Nor do acts of Espionage committed on behalf of an ally constitute treason.

We are still under the War Measures Act, primarily now for economic reasons, but it's still in force.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Does that mean we are officially considered to be at War right now or is it like one of those technically we are at war things but not officially at war kinda thing???

Like when we start a war somewhere but call it a police action or some other BS to get around having to play by the rules.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Any treaty that allows corporations to extort a nation and to compromise the people should never be signed. It's just sick and stupid all around. Mulroney was bad enough but Harper has gone way over the top. I hope whatever country he escapes to after he gets booted has an extradition treaty. It might at least save some trouble.

I understand the petro-dollar situation and BRICS and I recognize that economies are being incrementally destroyed, but that is no reason to go along with this crap. Harper is having a fire sale, the debt is ridiculous, thanks to PE Trudeau selling the box to the IMF, however this could have all been repaired. The only reason to not fix the problem is that politicians are greedy and on the take.

It's time to start figuring out ways to turn these bad treaties back, don't sign any new ones and put the political trash to the curb.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

If we really are officially considered to be at War right now then as far as I can tell from reading what is legally considered Treason, you would be right.

Under Article III, Section 3, of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them Aid and Comfort has committed treason within the meaning of the Constitution. The term aid and comfort refers to any act that manifests a betrayal of allegiance to the United States, such as furnishing enemies with arms, troops, transportation, shelter, or classified information. If a subversive act has any tendency to weaken the power of the United States to attack or resist its enemies, aid and comfort has been given.

I'm pretty sure that the TPP would qualify as aid and comfort as it would weaken the US against it's enemies. The only way to wiggle out of it would then be to claim that it wasn't intentional or done with that knowledge in mind according to this clause.

The crime of treason requires a traitorous intent. If a person unwittingly or unintentionally gives aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States during wartime, treason has not occurred. Similarly, a person who pursues a course of action that is intended to benefit the United States but mistakenly helps an enemy is not guilty of treason. Inadvertent disloyalty is never punishable as treason, no matter how much damage the United States suffers.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 6/26/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

link   
Mod Edit

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Mod Edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join