It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to prison, and the death of American culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've been bouncing around an idea so I decided its about time I let you tell me how wrong I am. Also I realize this wont work for everyone but I believe this is the solution to many of our problems in the western world.

This may belong in the philosophy forum not sure.

I believe that many people need to have deeply emotional connections with people around them. I believe that lacking these connections early in your life in a loving and supportive fashion leads to traumatization that later in life manifest in many forms such as, bi-polar disorder, psychopathy, siocopathy, PTSD, and others. I believe lacking these deeply emotional connections leads to very selfish behavior and even violence. I believe that we have lost the idea of community and a sense of belonging here in the United States and probably across the majority of the world and thats why we experience the things that we do.

I think if we can focus on creating communities of belonging and begin connecting with each other without technology, in person, on deep levels we can eliminate many of our economic and political issues.

Ok, comment go for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What you might as well be saying is that, if life were perfect, then everyone would be perfect.

The truth is the opposite, however: if we were perfect, then life would be perfect.

The problem is not life. The problem is us.

We were born into an imperfect world, which we created.

etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
yeah, we need more than communities of belonging to fix people we need communities of mutual survival. if you act in an anti social manner or commit crimes against members of your community you no longer can just go to the wal mart and buy what you need to survive. in the old days you got shunned from the community and had to go fend for yourself and if you got eaten by a grizzly bear while picking berries to eat, so be it.

join