It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Obama, His Royal Court, and the TPP by Ralph Nader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've always liked Ralph Nader. A nobler crusader for the common man has never existed.

This is a good read and lays out the convoluted 'process' that got us here and what it actually means. I recommend reading the entire article:

(and listening to his weekly radio show where he and guests cover, in depth, all manner of issues that effect us little people)

He is also the author of "Unstoppable: The new Right and Left Alliance" - powerful stuff.

He has a fine way with words.

Now, on a whole, you would consider I suppose Ralph as a lefty, keep that in mind:

This term “fast track” is a euphemism for your members of Congress – senators and representatives – handcuffing themselves, so as to prevent any amendments or adequate debate before the final vote on the Trans-Pacific Partnership – another euphemism that is used to avoid the word “treaty,” which would require ratification by two-thirds of the Senate. This anti-democratic process is being pushed by “King Obama” and his royal court.

Only corporations, astonishingly enough, are entitled to sue the U.S. government for any alleged harm to their profits from health, safety or other regulations in secret tribunals that operate as offshore kangaroo courts, not in open courts.

And this zinger.... (though, according to Ralph, the Obama (and Bush II), don't even acknowledge written correspondence any longer) ....

I challenge President Obama to state publically that he has read the entire TPP. Even a benign monarch would do this for his/her trusting subjects.

www.commondreams.org...

He offers you things to do (he always has) ... if you want to make a difference. You would have you get out from behind your computer however and interact with real live people - eeek.
edit on 25-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
from the comments to the above:

TPP fastrack also included an AIPAC anti-BDS amendment:

"TPA, which passed through the Senate and landed on the president’s desk, includes roughly 150 trade negotiating objectives – requirements of the president, as mandated by Congress, to raise specific US priorities in its negotiations.

One of those objectives is to push back against efforts within the EU to sponsor the growing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel..

Drafting HR 825, then known as the US-Israel Trade and Commercial Enhancement Act, took several months. A bipartisan group of congressmen worked with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on its language.

And their are 149 more and the hidden text - oh boy!!! Unitary Executive aka Authoritarianism.

commons.commondreams.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thank you for this. I voted for Mr. Nader twice...particularly when that chump Al Gore was running. Nader is an honest man...rare commodity these days. Ralph Nadar and Ron Paul are the only decent men to run for office in the last 40 years

a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It was disturbing to see those celebrating and cheering the scotus shown on CNN today.

I don't think a single person celebrating and acting fanatically about aca being upheld was 25 or older.

Most of these fanatics have never worked a real job, paid taxes, or lived on their own. They have not experienced much in the real world but they have been indoctrinated to the highest degree. They celebrate not because they know anything about it but because their king tells them they should like it and those evil republicans are against it. The TPP will be blindly supported by these people as well.

I may sound like and old man yelling at clouds but I am seriously scared for the future of this country. This is coming from someone who had voted Democrat more they have voted republican.
edit on 25-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: Darn tablet typing errors

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I hear you...computers have created an age of antisocial kids....n9ne of them can gain or prepare game...grow veggies...pick gruit or split wood...we are doomed

a reply to: MoreBeer

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

An honest question (but you don't have to answer)

Do you feel any regrets now after supporting Obama for so many years?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

I don't think a single person celebrating and acting fanatically about aca being upheld was 25 or older.

Spot on...I wonder if there is any leftover DNA from the G.I. generation..? We've gotten better at cloning and could use their Social Capital right about now.

And continue to yell at Clouds, they're the only ones listening.

Pouring you a Dram of Macallan 12 now...of course I'll have to do the heavy lifting, but it's the spirit of the ritual the matters.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So, since this was all started by Bush II are we going to operate under the impression that it wouldn't favor Bush III so we can just bash Obama? (Not that he is undeserving) but a ten year deal that gets rushed through near the end of his Presidency doesn't exactly strike me as being a victory for Obama.

It sounds like a cozy little set up for Jeb and the Conservative right that rushed this through. Does that mean Obama just gets credit and a cushy retirement fund.

edit on 25-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm a Millennial I can't read.

Is it possible for you to record an audio version for me and break it down into 2 minute segments, otherwise its impossible for me to get anything out of it.

Sorry I need to take a selfie.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
So, since this was all started by Bush II are we going to operate under the impression that it wouldn't favor Bush III so we can just bash Obama? (Not that he is undeserving) but a ten year deal that gets rushed through near the end of his Presidency doesn't exactly strike me as being a victory for Obama.

It sounds like a cozy little set up for Jeb and the Conservative right that rushed this through. Does that mean Obama just gets credit and a cushy retirement fund.

I imagine obama is going to get a helluva payday for this bit of treason after he is out of office. Same thing would apply to Harper in Canada. As far as which scumbag party or politician started it, it doesn't matter. They all work for the same people and it ain't you and me. They just pass that the turd between Conservatives and liberals until the time is right and they aren't going to kiss us before they f... us.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

An honest question (but you don't have to answer)

Do you feel any regrets now after supporting Obama for so many years?

That's a fair question.

I did support him initially and was excited at the prospect of a 'Black' President and was and am hugely disappointed in him. I've been appalled at the way he has been treated by the Republicans and the Public. I do understand that a President's power is limited and don't expect everything to happen the way I would like.

I think he has acted cowardly and indecisively thoughout his Presidency in, what I believe to be, a vain attempt at being 'liked'.

He would have made a fine VP.

I don't think he had a plan beyond the election and therefore filled his administration with 'the good-ole boys from Wall Street' when I'd hope to see some new young blood, with bold new ideas and the will to try new things -like FDR that he talked so much about. FDR intitally brought in the 'Wall Street Crowd" but changed course when he saw their ideas not working.

There is all this talk, myself included, about his being Black. He looks black, but was fundamentally raised white and identifies as white - hence the need to be 'liked'.

Do I feel remorse for voting for him - not a bit. The alternatives, in both cases, were repugnant.

I believe in voting - having my tiny whisper count and do so by voting by heart and dreams in the primaries and then with my head coldly - in the General.

I will never vote for a Republican as the party stands for and glorifies everything I find abhorant in this country.

I will vote the lesser of two evils.

I will vote in local elections every time they come up. Freedom comes with responsibility (voting, paying your taxes, jury duty, serving in the services at need, and all manner of civic works) -- it's about WE not ME.

I generally vote Green as I like voting for a party's position not a person.

People fail, political party's rise and fall on their merits - not their good looks or good PR. I like the parlimentary system much better. Let the party that knows the character of it's members decide who should be in positions of power.

Back to Obama - I will almost always give people the benefit of the doubt - he had an impossible path to walk. In hindsight he wasn't the man to do it but he never stooped to vulgarity no matter what was thrown at him - he always attempted to meet in the middle though others threw ultimatum after ultimatum at him.

No I don't regret supporting him.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The man promised change and change we got.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Thanks for answering my question.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I hadn't heard of this Israel bit. Are they sitting on a mountain of effing gold ffs? How do they continue to gain such a grip on the rest of the worlds short and curlies?

UGH!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

In all honesty the only rational explanations i have come up with is Aliens or Magic. Really, i can't think of anything more reasonable than one of those two answers. Something happened in World War II that we don't know, or just think is myth or ancient alien bull#, but really it is the only answer i can think of.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Interesting read.
Always good to try
to understand as many
points of view as possible
as well as the How's and Why's.

Thanks for sharing.
S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well , evidently the whole
package is unconstitutional
and should be tossed in the
fireplace.

From what I can gather anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Maybe something happened when we decided to back them to take Palestine from it's people, I don't know but I highly doubt there's so many devout Christians in the upper echelons that actually believe that the Israeli's MUST have a home land so that Jesus will come back.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Apparently its the aliens who started that war in the pacific awhile back....remember?

This is our treaty of surrender, which the Republicans are cool with cause they are Reptilians.....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sorry FyreBird, didn't mean to go off topic that just stuck in my maw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join