It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should I do With This HUGE Chip On My Shoulder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What Should I do With This HUGE Chip On My Shoulder?

There I was surrounded by these amazing creatures. They circled me endlessly, daring me to pounce. There were big ones, short ones, fat ones and skinny ones. They were ugly and colorful all at once. Some were old, some were young. They had bulging eyes and sunken mouths, oh my, where would I go?

There was no escaping the incessant nature of their beastly ways! Bombarding me with their cold hard stares; over and over I averted my terrified eyes for the hatred was unbearable and yet like a moth to the flame sucked in I went. Devoured and spit out like last night's dinner. No shame for their despicable behavior.

How can the cruelty exist in such a wondrous world? Self absorbed and full of greed, sucking the life out of me and the beauty that once was. Have they no belief in the existence of something much greater than self? I used to be the one, I used to care, I used to be enlightened and full of love; alas where has it gone?

Absorbed by the darkness and forgotten by the creator for which I longed for so many times. Now all that is left of me is this gigantic chip on my shoulder, the size of which rivals that of a huge boulder, weighing me down, down, down. The river of tears below me are the source of that pain and the boulder is going to bury me in that salty depth of despair.

Where can I turn to now? Who is going to dry these tears? What is going to become of this massive weight that bears down on me? Is there an escape from this predicament that doesn't require the purchase of my soul?
edit on 25-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well written my friend. . We all ask these questions

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well done!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I can relate to this deeply!! Keep on Keepin' on and You will rise again!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well, I do not think all do, but sadly a few of us must. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you. I noticed just now you have writer status, is there someone you can put in a good word with for me to achieve such high praise, assuming you think I am worthy?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks, those with kind souls such as yourself certainly can read the message, I have not seen you lately, hoping you are doing okay!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well written.

Is the chip made out of chocolate? Eat that chip and swallow your pride. Once the chip is gone, so is the desire to protect something that is not really important.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Very well written. You should write a children's book.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CallXMeXGod

I did in fact write one for children called Cats Can Be Hats Too. It is about a little kid who gets cancer and loses their hair from chemotherapy. One day the family cat saw them crying and said do not despair, you can wear me for a hat and you will have new shiny hair.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nope the chip is made of solid waste and has hardened into a petrified rock the size of the Smokey Mountains. It will take more than all the dynamite on this planet for it to be removed. Unfortunately, salty tears will not drown me fast enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Thank you. I noticed just now you have writer status, is there someone you can put in a good word with for me to achieve such high praise, assuming you think I am worthy?

I asked for my writers status. Just ask a moderator. Otherwise you will have to win in one of the writers contests. So...just ask. That kids book sounds awesome!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thanks. I am afraid of the big bad moderators. I do not think they like me.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Find one that does. LOL Don't worry, they don't bite.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You are welcome. I appreciate the comp. I am doing well enough. Been buried under tons of stress and dealing with a lot of real life... Computer probs as of late have not helped, but I keep on pushing forward... We Have to... Syx...
edit on 26-6-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

top topics

join