It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The U.S Lost WW3, What Would The New International Language Be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

I know but even if the usa failed it would still benthe international language.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I hate how morons feel the need to tear apart other people's hypothetical threads. This is a neat thought-provoking question. My aunt always said we (as Americans) would be speaking German had we not won WWII. I don't know if that's the case exactly, but would German be the international language? Maybe Japanese? (Doubtful on the latter).

Anyway, considering the idea that WWIII might be fought between at least Russia and the US, I would say we still may be treating English as the international language. I mean, you've got Britain, Australia, Scotland, Canada...It's not like English would lose all grasp as the leading language, and it's already got a foothold as most countries' second language.

...Otherwise, I'm not sure. Russia is huge, but I feel that the language is very confined within their borders. Maybe I just don't get out enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse
I hate how morons feel the need to tear apart other people's hypothetical threads. This is a neat thought-provoking question. My aunt always said we (as Americans) would be speaking German had we not won WWII. I don't know if that's the case exactly, but would German be the international language? Maybe Japanese? (Doubtful on the latter).

Anyway, considering the idea that WWIII might be fought between at least Russia and the US, I would say we still may be treating English as the international language. I mean, you've got Britain, Australia, Scotland, Canada...It's not like English would lose all grasp as the leading language, and it's already got a foothold as most countries' second language.

...Otherwise, I'm not sure. Russia is huge, but I feel that the language is very confined within their borders. Maybe I just don't get out enough.

I'm at a lose as well as to why they do that. I guess they think I'm some kind of punk or something. Or maybe, I'm just that Christian boy who shouldn't be posting in their fictitious war forum. Anyway.

I know English is the dominate language and that might not ever change, but I could see some crazy Russian or Chinese leader possibly wanting to do that. If they won the war and took the land it stands to reason that they would want to change our education as well by giving us Russian or Chinese writing text books only. Everything on TV and in the newspaper would probably be in their language, thus forcing everyone to learn it.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dont usually like one liners but - Pleiadian ?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I dont usually like one liners but - Pleiadian ?

Lol, imagine trying to learn a 10,000 letter alphabet.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

English.

or do you mean Engrish?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
The title pretty much says it all. What language do you think we would have to learn? Or do you think it wouldn't matter? I've been thinking about learning a new language, but I want to learn one that would most likely keep me alive. I know languages change once another country takes over, so I was just wondering what would be most likely language we'd have to learn?

What's your thoughts.

English.

why force most of the modern world to speak a foreign language? May as well kill them and just raise children.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

The History Channel ran a series called "Life After People". Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 25-6-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Retikx

Haha watched that from your link. My kinda humor. But is the story cut short. Wish there was more. Thanks made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I remember that many years ago Robert Heinlein wrote that the local optimists were learning Russian, and the pessimists were learning Chinese.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Google. I have a page long explanation in my mind, but ... meh

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What's the language cockroaches use?? Those will be the only things left if America loses
edit on 6262015 by yitco because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I want to play along & answer you, but it you've left out some important details.

1. Which countries will be the major combatants in this hypothetical WWIII?

2. Will it be a full blown nuclear war or some quick, wipe-out-the-ruling-elites-in-one-blow type of war?

If it's a full blown nuclear war, I'd guess there wouldn't be an international language anymore. There are so many strategic bases spread throughout the world that all of those bases would have to get nuked. That means allied nations would be targets for annihilation too, even if their populations don't know about the ports, bases, or other affiliated operations that are in their nation.

If it's a decapitation/"only take out the elites" type of war, then English would remain the international language. English is too widespread now in international business to be instantly replaced. Even something like 22 nations in Africa have English as one of their official languages. And other countries like Ethiopia teach higher education in English, even though English isn't an official language there.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"If The U.S Lost WW3, What Would The New International Language Be?"

English. English is will remain top dog whatever the circumstances, because.

1. It is extremely rich and expressive.
2. The language is very laconic i.e. succinct. This means it takes up less space.
3. Grammar is efficient and adaptable.
4. It is spoken by most already.
5. Shakespeare only sounds right in English.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Probably not Chinese. Although their economy grows, they prefer to speak English on the internet and when doing business:

From 2011 to 2015, China’s share of content online has decreased 39%. Partly this is due to the fact that the majority of the Chinese population is not online (in December 2013, only 46.6% was connected to the internet).

The Next Web created an infographic in 2010 that concluded: “in five years, Chinese will be the dominant language online.” Needless to say, they were wrong. It seems like people are confusing language with people — yes, a large portion of the internet population are Chinese, but they are creating a tiny amount of content in their native language.

Percent of web content, 2011

1. English (57.6%)
2. German (7.7%)
3. Japanese (5%)
4. Chinese (4.6%)
5. Russian (4.1%)
6. Spanish (3.9%)
7. French (3.4%)
8. Italian (2.1%)
9. Portuguese (1.6%)
10. Arabic (1.6%)

Percent of web content, 2015

1. English (55.5%)
2. Russian (5.9%)
3. German (5.8%)
4. Japanese (5%)
5. Spanish (4.6%)
6. French (4%)
7. Chinese (2.8%)
8. Portuguese (2.5%)
9. Italian (2%)
10. Polish (1.7%)

- Top languages of today and tomorrow

Besides English, Russian is the most spoken language on the internet and then German, but the amount of German web-page content is decreasing, while the amount of Russian web-pages increase.

“American movies, music, television, video games have wide audiences…So far China’s success in this realm has been very limited. Chinese films, Chinese television shows, Chinese music doesn’t have a huge following outside of China.”

- Will Chinese replace English?

Also, keep in mind that there are more English speakers in China than America.

Another possibility is that after WW3 (if it occurs), Esperanto will be adopted as the international language, since it was designed to be an easy-to-learn international language. The United Nations was formed after WW2 for unity, maybe Esperanto will be adopted after WW3 for unity.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
We Probably wont speak any language, because f*** language when you have noone to talk to

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: yitco
What's the language cockroaches use?? Those will be the only things left if America loses

Actually , it is a myth that the cockroach has a high survivability . They would all perish (not from the initial radiation) after they "molted" . There is a beetle (and I forget what type) that is practically immune to radiation

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ashes on the wind.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It would remain English for a while, few centuries maybe. it is simply based on the observation gained from the fall of the Roman empire. (It was listed in one of those "after the bang..." documentaries) Latin remained for centuries to come the top language; - at least what business and politics concerned. Latin then morphed over the years into Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and French as it mixed with local dialects. Due to the ever shifting populations due to invasions, conquests and so forth, the specific languages as we know them today began to develop, English in itself is a collection and morphing of several languages.
What we will see is a very rapid "localization" of English due to the demographics of a given place. So within a generation a quite cosmopolitan region might have a mixed language of English and Spanish or "Spanglish" while another region might have a mix of English and French. Anyone who ever has been to the province of Quebec in Canada can listen to this unique "French" with plenty of English mixed in.
Quebec sure is obsessed with language and even has a "Language Police" to make sure the French don't "bastardize" the language. However at the beer-table one can hear this unique mix.
In a post WW3 scenario the "local" language will morph rapidly to a mix of the languages of the people who will set up their new community. So if a 100 people set up a new community and they just happen to be evenly split among English, German and French then the language within 2-3 Generations will be some form of combined mix.
But as with Latin that we can can find in all the "Latino" languages without much trying, so will in the new language be English evident in some form or the other.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Mandarin. That's IF some sort of authoritarian uber villians emerge from China with the capabilities to occupy/colonize Western Europe and the US.

I don't see something like that happening.
edit on 28-6-2015 by JeanPaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join