It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The U.S Lost WW3, What Would The New International Language Be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all. What language do you think we would have to learn? Or do you think it wouldn't matter? I've been thinking about learning a new language, but I want to learn one that would most likely keep me alive. I know languages change once another country takes over, so I was just wondering what would be most likely language we'd have to learn?

What's your thoughts.
edit on 25-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just call this thtead..."crazy speculation thread" as it has no real basis for discourse my friend reply to: RealTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Just call this thtead..."crazy speculation thread" as it has no real basis for discourse my friend reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Apparently you don't know what the word "IF" means. Why wast your time replying?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

I guess it depends on civilian populations after the war.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Chirp

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lol why bother posting? reply to: RealTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here it is the new international language, listen carefully so you can learn it

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-6-2015 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

English.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hipster.

Barring some miracle that they don't take over...

Chinese, maybe?

It would be vogue to say Russian or Arabic, I guess.

I'll stick with hipster.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nothing to do with war. It's all about the money. As long as most of the major stock markets are English speaking, that will be the language.

www.world-stock-exchanges.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Actually, there is a fascinating television series called After Man (or something to that affect) It basically poses the same question and the surprising answer is Parrots and other such birds. Apparently, even after the US is gone, there is a certain set of circumstances that would allow for our language (and others) to survive for nearly a century before it would be fully extinguished.

In my mind i can picture some newly born race hunkered around an old and dying bird, listening in awe and taking its final words as some sign of the divine.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

English.

Hahahaha!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Let's not hope for Chinese..... All those signs and one little mistake in drawing one and you've told your loved one she's a "dirty word" instead of a darling...........

On a more serious note:
Since English is one of the most commonly used languages in international relations today, I think it still would remain so.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah, no sh!t right.
Although I love some sarcasm at times...giving and receiving.....i can't stand replies like that.
BOoooo!
In that dude/chick's replies defense though.......everybody is wired differently.

On topic....
For me, it's a hard call.
I don't know the things other people on here know.....and there's a lot to learn to make a call like that.....but I'm tryn.
My first thought was Chinese.
So I'll stick with that til I know better.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Chinese

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Chinese

So we would have to reprogram the future of technology and everyone would have to learn a language that is much harder to learn than English? 26 letter vs how many characters? Doubtful

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Grunts and Gestures.

"I don't know weapons World War III will be fought with but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
engrish prease

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

English.

English is already the international language. If some nut like Hitler came along and wanted to change things maybe the language we speak would be one of them. Kind of like when Alexander the Great made Greek the official language which then spread to eastern Mediterranean and into Asia Minor.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not sure but i bet it would look something like this. www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join