It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Really Behind Dylann Roof’s “Racist Manifesto” Website?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Your response is part of a disturbing trend I've noticed amongst folks of a particular political leaning around here.

I don't personally have any "political leaning". In fact, I refuse to even vote (even though it's illegal not to where I live). I'm prepared to take the $20 fine to make a stance towards the flawed 2 party system.

"Who cares if its true or not, how does it make you feeeeel?"

But I don't concede that the statements expressed hold true at all. All humans are capable of causing (and do commit) violent acts. Anyone who makes it about black vs white or left vs right, is just showing there true ignorance of basic comprehension, imo.

edit on 25-6-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

The MSM has many people suckered.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: sn0rch

The MSM has many people suckered.

The right-wing blogosphere has oh so much more suckered.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Odd how the website only goes back to June 20.

I wonder how they did that?

Nothing apparently was posted there before June 20th?

Hmmm.

awwwlll the way back

link to Scott Creighton...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As I was reading his "manifesto", that thought occurred to me as well. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the writing just seemed contrived. There was a dissonance between what I was reading and what it felt like I was "supposed" to read, as though someone was trying just a bit too hard to mimic the style of a troubled 21 year old racist. For instance, that line "N*ggers are stupid and violent" was jarring and strange, like it was tossed in at the last minute. It didn't flow with the rest of what Dylan supposedly wrote.

Also, the spelling errors seemed almost methodical. They were strategic in their placement- like someone wanted to make them appear random, but inadvertently created a pattern.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Are you obsessed with something?

I sense bitterness and nervousness.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Drest

Controlled psy-ops are like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're welcome Mr. Spears.

What bothers me most about this is that the manifesto squashed my original suspicions about the shooting.

I wondered why someone who was intent on killing a bunch of black people (who he perceived as raping our women and taking over the country) and then killing himself in order to start a race war, would drive hours away from his home to a church gathering on a Wednesday night to carry out his attack. Why wouldn't he just roll up to the nearest housing project and start blasting those he saw as thugs instead of a bunch of innocent church goers?

He even said he almost didn't go through with it because the people were so nice to him, so why did he? Why didn't he leave there and go find himself some "raping thugs" to kill? That would've been much more effective if it was a race war he was trying to start.

The manifesto directly addressed those issues, so I just let it go.

But now I'm even more suspicious BECAUSE those issues were directly addressed, especially if it wasn't written by him. That means whoever wrote it knew those questions would come up and squashing those suspicions isn't something I would attribute to some random blog writer who was seeking fame if you catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

With truth... yeah. I'm one of those "there's something wrong on the internet" people, mixed with an activist personality. Feeling a little exposed are ya?
edit on 6/25/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Drest

Controlled psy-ops are like that.

True! I'm sure controlled psy-ops would be just like that.

But then again, what's written is also exactly what you'd expect from a disturbed mind who's fallen victim to right ring propaganda.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Great post X ..I was surprised to see Scott inside the story but outside ATS and I didn't know he had his own site .I always liked his posts on the pyramids and after checking out his site I think I might hang around there for a bit . This story is unraveling a lot quicker then the previous ones . I guess people are much smarter to the ways and start asking questions much quicker now . Anyhow I just wanted to tag this thread and see how it goes .interesting comments so far :>)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sent you a PM.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Definitely catch it.

That's pretty strange to hear.

I haven't read the manifesto, I might have a glance in the morning.

What you've shared does seem a very odd though.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Though, the bigger question is, how did you personally feel about said website?

Did you at any stage find yourself agreeing with the (claimed) philosophies of Roof? Did his opinions match your political stance in any way?

Let's turn this question back to you---how did it make you feel?
What do you see there that would be representative of man who had reportedly failed his freshman year of high school twice then dropped out?

When was the last time you read a 2k+ word document written by such a person?

Did you actually read it? I confess that I only skimmed most of it quickly but I read enough to see that the skill level far surpasses even what we see here on a daily basis.
Believe me, most college freshman don't write with that level of skill in construction, spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Back in the early days of having a computer I had a program that calculated the writing level of documents but I can't find it on this machine. Anyone have a similar program that can run this "manifesto" document to get an estimate of the writing level of the individual? Can't remember what it was called---I hate losing brain cells like that!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

What's mind boggling is how he put that "Manifesto" and pictures up on the site in question on June 20th.

He (allegedly) killed those people on June 17th, and was "apprehended" on June 18th.

I imagine a rational explanation exists somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Just because someone dropped out in ninth grade doesn't mean they wouldn't have good writing skills. In fact, if you haven't developed good writing skills by ninth grade you're not really going to advance much further in the average U.S. high school.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Maybe he had a "ghost writer".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Did you actually read it? I confess that I only skimmed most of it quickly but I read enough to see that the skill level far surpasses even what we see here on a daily basis.
Believe me, most college freshman don't write with that level of skill in construction, spelling, grammar and punctuation.

The person who wrote that manifesto, does come across as far more intelligent than a person who would rock up to a church and blatantly shot 9 people in cold blood. I will give you that.

But then again.... there's plenty of people here who come across as extremely intelligent, yet share the exact same opinions as he does. So who really knows?

Besides, I personally dropped out of school in year 9. But I know for a fact that I'd still be capable of writing a manifesto of the same skill level. If I'd had a good night's sleep, was clear minded and at the top of my game (for once, lol).

Education or mental stability, is completely insignificant when determining a persons basic intelligence.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Just because someone dropped out in ninth grade doesn't mean they wouldn't have good writing skills. In fact, if you haven't developed good writing skills by ninth grade you're not really going to advance much further in the average U.S. high school.

Are you being serious?
It is only in the teen years that the brain develops fine skills like critical thinking and organizational ability. All that sudden hormone ramp-up stimulates the frontal lobe and allows those skills to develop.
It is during the years just following puberty that the frontal lobe develops to the point that decision-making activity moves from the amygdala---from emotional, gut-reaction to the frontal lobe--- critical thinking skills combined with impulse control.
Believe me, I've read enough freshman themes over the years to judge writing skills! Until someone can show me more of his literary ability to which I can compare it, I'm calling this manifesto a "hoax" written to answer questions being raised by people who can think critically. I have no idea who the author might be.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
snip...

But then again.... there's plenty of people here who come across as extremely intelligent, yet share the exact same opinions as he does. So who really knows?

snip....

Excuse me? I'm going to need you to back that up with some quotes from actual members here if you're going to toss it out there.

I'm also going to need you to answer your own question: How did it make you feel?

You do realize that is the "primitive" part of the brain (as explained above) that responds with feelings rather than critical thought? The juvenile reaction is of feelings, while the adult reaction is based on rational thought.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join