It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love The Night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No, I'm not a vampire. I'm someone who follows my natural bodyclock and lives a life as close to what it tells me.

I've been called lazy, but in reality I sleep no longer than most people. I am alive when the world is quiet and the buzz of the surroundings is winding down and going through their regimented norms.

I live in France, middle of nowhere and in the heart of the Cognac vines. Me and my three beautiful cats. It has it's drawbacks, but that's another story.

I often step outside to answer nature's call (very french), look up at the stars, take a big breath of fresh air and gaze at the moon while considering the ultimate peace and quiet I seem to have earned a privaledge to. It seems quite ultimate sometimes with nothing more to crave. While others sleep and wind down, I AM ALIVE. The nightjars singing in the vines, a falcon occasionally crying in the distance, the bugs and beetles clicking and cricking, things that are the treasures of one who waits out the sunlight to witness.

I love to work at night too, whether on the computer or on quietly renovating the house. I do have neighbours but despite their distance, noise travels further in the thin, cool air. It just feels right, and natural.

Anyone else feel like this, or is this the troglodyte buried within me that I have allowed to live with the dark?

I cannot fight nature. The only thing I ever fight seems to be humanity with all it's regimented obsurdities and conforming securities. Well, being the introverted free thinking individual is my nature. Put me in a box and I will chew my way out....out into the night.

Sleep well my dear ATSers, dream of the night, dream of the poigiant moments heightened by their place in a special world without the fracture of human madness.

She is a beautiful red tonight, stepping out to say hello.

Mad Man Moon.
edit on 25/6/2015 by nerbot because: spellig

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

There are others like me

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

"We are what goes bump in the night"

Or

"We own the night"

Might just be the military in me though

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

There are others like me

Yes, we are here. Shunned by the conformers, envied by the slaves.

Tell us about your nights.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I spend my nights walking around town or in the nearby canyon. I find it much better than exploring during the day.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I come alive at night, it's like my mind only wakes up completely when it's dark. it just feels peaceful, I can go so deep into my own thoughts.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I can go so deep into my own thoughts.

Ah yes, the infinity of the imagination. The thing that scares the pants off most.

And yet, the most beautiful things in existance can be born in the darkness.....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainTwig
I spend my nights walking around town or in the nearby canyon. I find it much better than exploring during the day.

A canyon....wow.

Must be a world of it's own and to be there must feel awesome. Do tell.......

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Seems like a good time for this. Superb lyrics.

Enjoy.
edit on 25/6/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No, I'm not a vampire.

Uh huh. Yeah, sure. That's what you would say if you were one.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I admit I am scared by the night. Maybe just paranoia, but I always have this growing fear that there is something behind me...

I do love the moon though, it takes away that fear for a short moment...

But my favourite part of the night are the dreams... No matter what hell I went through during the day, I know that once I lay on my pillow and close my eyes, a world unveils, and I am truly free for a few hours. And every adventures I am wishing for, I find them in my sleep, and for a few hours, all my pain, all my sadness, it all goes away, and I'm in peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

OK, you made me...lol

WICKED guitar solo.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yavanna
.......... I know that once I lay on my pillow and close my eyes, a world unveils, and I am truly free for a few hours. And every adventures I am wishing for, I find them in my sleep, and for a few hours, all my pain, all my sadness, it all goes away, and I'm in peace.

Oh yes....to dream and drift.

Peace in a pillow.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Skid Mark

OK, you made me...lol

WICKED guitar solo.

I think your video is broken.

ETA: I guess not because it just loaded right after I posted. Made a liar out of me lol.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

That's a great song! Thanks!
edit on 25-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Indeed... Peace in a pillow.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
While others dream deep in slumber, I shine like starlight and dance with the shadows beneath the golden orb of night.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I am just like you. I come out to enjoy the later parts of the day, and up till just about sunrise, but not everyday.

Sometimes friends call me in the early afternoon and think I am bum because I am still sleeping, but I sleep the same number of hours as everyone else.

The evening is much more peaceful.

Now if I can figure out how to live more in nature 'in the middle of nowhere' like you and still make a living. Any ideas?..

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've been pretty busy, sorry for the late response man. I'm actually in the canyon now. It's small and wraps around an edge of town and has a lake(which is polluted and disgusting) in one end. The trails wind throughout it and on both sides of the lake. There's entrances all over, though I usually go in through the northern or southern entrance. The north one has a little cave that a waterfall forms over when it rains and is called devils kitchen. The southern one is next to the Spillway from when the lake was full. The spillway itself is covered in graffiti and not that interesting. Nothing really to see in the rest of the canyon though, just a fun place to walk around. The main part near the lake has some covered benches and a parking lot and teenagers hang out there occasionally, and the XIT rodeo grounds are right by the main entrance.

top topics

join