It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm stormie, and i think i might have dormant super powers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good to meet you, and welcome. It will be fun to read your posts and threads, a ten year old mind which can write and express itself very well may have a ten year old viewpoint, which would be refreshing here (although some of us are emotionally around the same age - I still have some of my childhood toys for example and still like the looks of them). Enjoy your time here, and you may find it quite the home to hang out in on a regular basis.

A question if you don't mind, what are some of your favorite films and tv shows? Do you enjoy and understand mature programming (not meant to needle you, but a genuine interest), dramas and the rest? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormie

Hi,

Singing and dancing isn't a sign of dormant super powers....

Peter pan never aged and he could fly...i'd say that he had super powers

Anyway, welcome aboard.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Guess this is legit. All kinds of variants in the species. My apologies for the rude prior comment. Hope you have had fun so far in your adventures on this planet. Best of luck to you, and don't mind the ignorant jerks like me.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
are you able to 'function' in society, when you go out shopping or to a restaurant by yourself or do you need an 'older' person to tag along with you 'just in case' something 'different' happens, does change scare you a lot, keep you at home too often, interfere with you achieving your personal goals and future plans?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello Stormie, welcome to your new conspiracy abode. Usually one of the nice mods will visit your intro thread and throw a bunch of nice links at you... but it looks like you haven't been haven't been visited yet.

Here is the main page for Board Business & Questions. As you can see there are lot's of sticky threads at the top. Most of those are general resource threads, FAQs, and basic help for new users (linking, embedding, etc).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also a user messaging sub-system for private messages to other ATS users.
There is also a user upload space which you can upload your avatars or images.

Oh, and don't forget the Terms & Conditions! You should learn the T&C! Don't learn the hard way like I did! Basically, you will do very well on ATS if you just remember to be cordial, to be fair and no personal attacks.

Content is king here on ATS and there are forums here designed especially for your craziest conspiracy ideas.. first is the Skunkworks www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the other is the Gray Area www.abovetopsecret.com...

That about sums it up. We all welcome you to ATS and hope that you find what it is that you are looking for

Sayonara Jupiter

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
Hello Stormie, welcome to your new conspiracy abode. Usually one of the nice mods will visit your intro thread and throw a bunch of nice links at you... but it looks like you haven't been haven't been visited yet.

Here is the main page for Board Business & Questions. As you can see there are lot's of sticky threads at the top. Most of those are general resource threads, FAQs, and basic help for new users (linking, embedding, etc).

There is also a user messaging sub-system for private messages to other ATS users.
There is also a user upload space which you can upload your avatars or images.

Oh, and don't forget the Terms & Conditions! You should learn the T&C! Don't learn the hard way like I did! Basically, you will do very well on ATS if you just remember to be cordial, to be fair and no personal attacks.

Content is king here on ATS and there are forums here designed especially for your craziest conspiracy ideas.. first is the Skunkworks www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the other is the Gray Area www.abovetopsecret.com...

That about sums it up. We all welcome you to ATS and hope that you find what it is that you are looking for

Sayonara Jupiter

thankie! i'm headed to look at these right now. i know they say terms and conditions don't count much for things you buy, but on a forum, it's vital. i think that'll be the first one i read. never underestimate the power of tripping over in the forum.
X3

originally posted by: blacktie
are you able to 'function' in society, when you go out shopping or to a restaurant by yourself or do you need an 'older' person to tag along with you 'just in case' something 'different' happens, does change scare you a lot, keep you at home too often, interfere with you achieving your personal goals and future plans?

it has it's ups and downs, yes. i do need somebody to be there when i'm out. you never know what could happen. sometimes, it could be just from the risk that i might screw something up when trying to buy things on my own, ehe.. change can scare me depending on what it is. like, if i get told i'm gonna have to move away from friends.. but, that's not really something i personally have to worry about, as most of my friend are online, for many reasons, some of which i've mentioned in replies and in the topic. change can be fun for me, too, but sometimes that's risky fun. what i mean is, for example, as you can imagine i'm impulsive. so, if something changes suddenly, like say an earthquake happens, i get urges to run outside and check it out. i know it's not safe, but it's like any sensei would tell me - you don't think about the danger when you're after something new and interesting. it's weird being aware of my own naivety. kids who live lives alone or in tribes raised on important values become aware of their own differences they have with adults. it doesn't change them. it just teaches them who they are. evidently, i wasn't the one in the native tribe. i was largely alone for a handful of reasons such as being gay, having old friends grow up and become busy, my own developing knowledge alone isolating me, etc. for the record, i don't have an unusually high i.q., or anything. i said knowledge, not smarts, hehe.

originally posted by: EA006

Hi,

Singing and dancing isn't a sign of dormant super powers....

Peter pan never aged and he could fly...i'd say that he had super powers

Anyway, welcome aboard.

i don't remember directly stating what dormant supers i'm referring to. i know i didn't say it was my voice or my moves. but, it's okay. i can see where the confusion happened.
c:

i still haven't clarified exactly what these dormant powers i'm thinking of are cause it's a lot of info which should be an entirely separate thread. i just included this in my intro to come in with part of why i'm here on a.t.s.. thanks for the welcome.
^ w ^

originally posted by: Aleister
Good to meet you, and welcome. It will be fun to read your posts and threads, a ten year old mind which can write and express itself very well may have a ten year old viewpoint, which would be refreshing here (although some of us are emotionally around the same age - I still have some of my childhood toys for example and still like the looks of them). Enjoy your time here, and you may find it quite the home to hang out in on a regular basis.

A question if you don't mind, what are some of your favorite films and tv shows? Do you enjoy and understand mature programming (not meant to needle you, but a genuine interest), dramas and the rest? Thanks!

nice to meet you, ehe. *curtsies* oh, you must mean kids at heart. yea, i've met quite a few grownups who embrace fun things like blowing things up with the fireworks, instead of just shooting them boringly in the sky.
X3
i actually watch very little of anything cause i find many shows boring. i find them boring for different reasons. one of the biggest boring things in shows are "evil" characters. that ruins any story. evil isn't real. only insanity is. i won't watch any show where they rely on unevolved thinking like that. so, i only watch the occasional movie, and i pretty much have to watch them socially to enjoy them. i play lots of games, though. games have the opt out of storyline benefit. if there's not /too/ much primitivity, i can enjoy a game just for the gameplay, and ignore the pointless story elements. i guess you could say i like any game with action. i like shooters, r.p.g.s, racers, strategy (like kingdom rush frontiers that's actiony). games i like come from n.f.s., f.f., c.o.d., halo, you name it. as far as mature content, it depends on what it is. obviously, i'm very sensitive. so, i can be affected a lot by only a little of something nice. for example, i don't understand all the moving around and stuff that happens in the mature love scenes. just one touch from a crush is enough to give me butterflies, and i wouldn't wanna do anything maybe even close to all those things they do at the same time in those scenes. there's just no way all that would ever be something i would need to do to have fun with somebody i like. it looks like //way// too much at once.

[snip]

[snip]

edit on 8-7-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'd like to discuss these powers with you more.

How would describe them? Or can you show us?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just tried to delete my post and when I clicked on edit post it said I exceeded the 4 hour limit to editing posts T.T now I feel like an idiot

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Hey there, you actually remind of a girl from my neighborhood who still looks like a child but has to be about your age. I don`t know if she has the same condition but from what I heard is that the doctors told her she only has limited amount of years left and that was when they became aware of her condition. I think she is still alive although I haven`t seen her for a while. I mean she outlived doctors predictions for like more than 10 years or so, so I hope she is ok.

Anyway, to me you don`t speak like a child but like a wise adult person. I`m not sure whether your conditions is considered to be a super power but if it makes you feel better this way...sure why not. As for the feelings and emotions you talk about...it only comes with experience so until you try or it happens to you, you won`t know how it feels like. You say you are impulsive but so are mature people over age of 50. Some things never change. It`s a part of your character and I think it has nothing to do with your condition, well maybe except same hormones produced over and over by your never aging body. And that is perhaps your only limitation that comes with benefits at the same time. I hope that makes sense to you because words are not my speciality....but if there are such things as old souls, you would definitely fit the bill. I mean the fact that you are aware of all this and capable of rational thought and interaction with others, speaks its volumes....sadly many are not, regardless of their age or how old they look.

Have a nice experience on ATS...oh and I do believe you can still grow spiritually despite having matured already it seems and despite your condition

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I cant imagine being 10 forever. That would be hard. I wouldnt mind so much being around 20 forever. Anyway, welcome. Look forward to hearing about your superpowers

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
seeing as not everyone is reading my replies (and possibly not reading all of my o.p.), i'd like this thread to be closed, if possible. thanks for all the warm welcomes, but i need to make some things clear that i've already made clear three times, or more. please read, if you have a moment:

my condition has physically stopped my brain from maturing as /well/ as my entire body and being. the chemicals, emotions, feelings, thoughts, urges, and biases all fit somebody between 10 and 14. therefore, it's not my opinion that my ways are influenced by my condition, it's scientific fact. i speak well cause i payed attention in school, and cause i was alone most of my life due to being gay, being little and having "friends" grow up and go away, etc.

any mention of 'super powers' i've made has nothing to do with my condition or anything i've mentioned so far. i'm going to post a separate thread on what i think may be super abilities in me.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Stormie because: i typoed a word in place of what i meant

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thanks, and it was really fun reading this thread and starting the journey on ATS with you. I look forward to your threads and comments, and I think that you will really enjoy it here. If someone gives you trouble or kicks ATS sand at you just ignore them and they're huff and puff and go away. But almost everyone here is nice and fun, fine to play with and talk things over with, and they'll answer any questions you have. And much of the data here exists in past threads - some of the older ones are miles long and full of detail. Glad you wandered by!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Most people have multiple selves,
so perhaps there are other selves that have yet to emerge in the forum?
Or perhaps all of your selves are 10?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormie
i speak well cause i payed attention in school, and cause i was alone most of my life due to being gay, being little and having "friends" grow up and go away, etc.

Stormie, I know you're not looking for sympathy, as you sound like a very mature woman who expresses herself extremely well and has accepted the fact that you're unique and wonderful in many ways.

What you said about being alone most of your life due to watching your friends grow up and 'go away' shows you have something in common with both ends of the aging spectrum; something those who have reached the twilight of their years also begin to experience regularly.

Wisdom (IMO) is a 'super power' of sorts; one which eludes many of us...regardless of our individual age, physical development, and/or life experience.

Dormant, or otherwise, YOU obviously possess a great potential, capacity and opportunity to accumulate, harness and utilize that particular 'super power'.

Stick around here on ATS...and post often...you have a great deal to share with us.

edit on 12-7-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

top topics

<< 1   >>

join