It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm stormie, and i think i might have dormant super powers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i know, it maybe sounds dumb to think you have super powers that aren't even showing. also, i'm literally stuck as a kid forever, so that makes it even harder for people to believe me. by stuck as a kid, i mean my body, mind, and feelings never changed from when i was around ten, so i look like a kid, think like a kid, and act like a kid (my avatar is a self portrait i made of me i made on a game). i can't mature at all, and there's no name for my condition, if it should even be called that. so, i can't get it diagnosed. but, that's okay, cause i don't need fixing. i'm not broken. i'm proud of who i am. i call it a difference, not really a condition, but condition could work too maybe. it might seem like i talk well for a ten year old, but i always could, even before i was ten. it's not that i have an unusually high i.q., and i don't need a special brain like nikola tesla, cause i'm gifted in other ways. i'd like to see albert einstein sing microcuts by muse the way i do, or pull off the dance moves do. smarts isn't everything. kids who are my age level who can't talk like i do either have speech/learning disorders, or they choose not to pay attention in school. but, like i was saying, i don't expect anybody to believe me about the super powers thing, especially since my mind and soul are literally stuck as a child. i just want people to consider it possible that i might be right. if you don't wanna consider it, that's your choice. i won't take it personal. i don't blame anybody for not wanting to risk wasting their time considering if some kid really has super powers. i wanna post a separate thread about why i think i have these powers, and what kind, cause i think maybe the introduction place isn't where i should write about that. don't worry, i read the rules. i'm not gonna make it a recruiting thread or something not allowed like that. i came to a.t.s. to share about what i think, and learn more. i like learning, and don't like being ignorant, so yea.
> w <

i don't capitalize and stuff cause if i don't have to, i don't see why do it. i seen mods on here not using periods and not capitalizing, so i figured it was fine to just write the fast way. i was born in 1990, so i don't think my actual age should be against the rules, since the rules only go by chronological age. if i missed any rules, like no emoticons, let me know, and i'll erase them hehe.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome Stormie.

Have fun. See you on the boards.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hi Stormie,
I'm glad you're here. Welcome.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
About Real Life Super Powers

This is one of our longer threads, I think you'll be fine.

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormie

I'm Batman.

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Adults who think, feel,and talk like they're still 10 years old are generally personality disordered. Are you even a female? Guess it doesn't matter. Wondering what kind of trauma happened to you when you were 10.

Hey as long as this isn't your true form, we're cool.

edit on 25-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hi Stormie. Awesome name.

Welcome! Looking forward to more posts from you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Welcome here stormie; I hope you find everything that you are looking for here.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. I, too have super powers. I can clear a room in ten seconds.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Welcome Stormie.
Interesting introduction.
How many years have you been stuck as a ten year old kid? Forgive me if I misunderstand, but are you saying you don't age?
edit on 25-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hi Stormie!

I'd love to know more about what kind of superpowers you might have!

Nice to meetcha!
Enjoy ATS!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Welcome Stormie. I had to grow up around the time I turned fifty, now I am a teenager.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Adults who think, feel,and talk like they're still 10 years old are generally personality disordered. Are you even a female? Guess it doesn't matter. Wondering what kind of trauma happened to you when you were 10.

Who said you weren't a charmer?...

Ooops, not sure how video got here.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Welcome Stormie.
Interesting introduction.
How many years have you been stuck as a ten year old kid? Forgive me if I misunderstand, but are you saying you don't age?

originally posted by: donktheclown

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Who said you weren't a charmer?...

Ooops, not sure how video got here.

@IAMTAT

well, i don't know if my health would be declined if i was 40. maybe i wouldn't age even if i was 50. people might think that makes me lucky, but i have setbacks, too. my emotions are sensitive, and of course, that never changes. my mind is more easily stressed than even older kids' minds, forget adult. i can't come anywhere near the stress tolerance and responsibility handling of an adult mind. i'm super short. my voice is soft and really high pitched. my face is small with the upturned nose, buggy looking eyes, little round ears, you know. i'm proud of being cute, and all the prices i have to pay for it. but, how many people would really choose being like me just so they don't age? i think angelina jolie is plenty happy as a tall, beautiful adult. we're not gonna be in this world forever. so, it doesn't really matter if we age, or not. it makes sense if it turns out that i'm spared the aging thing, cause i just can't become tougher since even my emotions refuse to mature. i can't imagine how i'd handle that stress, but others actually think it's a fun challenge to do what they love, and deny the effects. maybe i sound wise, but it's really only cause i actually like learning. i've been googling for longer than my brain is able to remember, but i still remember what i learn. i only forget experiences. any kid who stayed a kid would know as much as me if they were born in 1990, and they paid attention.
cx

@donktheclown

thanks. i know they weren't trying to insult me, even though my intro clearly said it's not a disorder. but, what's with the question about my gender? i said my profile pic is a self portrait, so.. i mean, not to say boys can't be pretty, but if you look at my pic, i'm clearly a girl.
. A .
and, i'll repeat again, my actual brain is physically underdeveloped cause my whole body is. personality disorders aren't like that. my body, chemicals, emotions, everything is stuck like a kid. that's why i act like a kid. i'm a child, and i'm proud of it. nobody will ever make me feel bad by calling me immature. calling me immature is like calling a lamborghini powerful. of course i'm immature. everything from my d.n.a. to my soul is like this, and there's no cure, cause you can't cure something that isn't diseased.

i like warm welcomes, peoples. *Ɛ>*

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Stormie,
I was researching and I hope this article may shed some light on your, what could reasonably be called, 'super power.
Doubtless, you are probably already familiar with these cases from your own research on the Internet...but I hope you don't mind me sharing.
-TAT

Children Do Not Age Clue To Immortality Video

A case has been reported that an eight year old girl does not age.

There have been reported cases of people not showing visible signs of Aging.

Genetic Scientists are trying to find and break the Genetic code. .

Or is it a disease?

Opinion is divided.

Story:

Gabby Williams has the facial features and skin of a newborn, and she is just as dependent. Her mother feeds, diapers and cradles her tiny frame as she did the day she was born.

The little girl from Billings, Mont., is 8 years old, but weighs only 11 pounds. Gabby has a mysterious condition, shared by only a handful of others in the world, that slows her rate of aging.

For the past two years, a doctor who has been trying to find the genetic off-switch to stop the aging process has been studying Gabby, as well as two other people who have striking similarities…

A 29-year-old Florida man has the body of a 10-year-old, and a 31-year-old Brazilian woman is the size of a 2-year-old. Like Gabby, neither seems to grow older.

Unraveling what these three people may have in common is the subject of a TLC television special, “40-Year-Old Child: A New Case,” which airs Monday, Aug. 19, at 10 p.m. ET. The show is a follow-up to Gabby’s story, which aired last year.

“In some people, something happens to them and the development process is retarded,” said medical researcher Richard F. Walker. “The rate of change in the body slows and is negligible.”

It seems like Gabby Williams has been a newborn forever, and she has. She still wears diapers and nurses every three hours.

But the little Montana girl with the long hair is 6 years old. As each of her younger siblings were born and grew into toddlers and then developed into older children, she stayed the same.

A normal 6-year-old would weigh an average of 46 pounds and be about four feet tall. Gabby is 10 pounds and only about 24 inches long.

“She had all her medical tests when she was first born and they couldn’t find anything,” said Gabby’s mother, Mary-Margret Williams, 37, who lives with her family in a suburb of Billings, Mont.

Her condition — so rare that there is no name for it — will be showcased in “My 40-Year-Old Child,” a one-hour TLC documentary that airs Sunday night at 9 p.m.

The film follows Gabby and her family, as well as Nicky Freeman, a middle-aged Australian in the body of a 10-year-old, as they try to unravel the medical mystery.

They are Benjamin Button children — only about a half dozen of them in the world, who age only one year for every four in the life of a normal human being. And so far, doctors can find nothing wrong with them.

ramanan50.wordpress.com...
edit on 26-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Welcome Stormie! I'm so happy that you have discovered this about yourself! This is not a problem, this is merely the new generation of people on Earth. Try to understand that life is constantly adapting to its surroundings, and can even be altered by man itself. Mechanically introducing a ton of steel in certain parts of the ocean can create a small change in its surrounding ecosystem and produce molecules to deal with this steel. The molecules in our body are forever adapting to our ecosystem, and the modern world has changed the way we live our lives. Children are staying children for longer periods of time, not by defect, but by effect. The stress of survival has reduced, the responsibility of ones nature has reduced, as everything is being made too easy for us. Fear not in this, I predict the future will speak of this matter on a global level in greater detail, and soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Andromus

well, there's many reasons my case is more than just a hold up. it's permanent. i think 25 years is enough to conclude that, if not, 40. i'm replying to another post here that includes the case of the 40 year old that remains immature, no matter what. it's also a matter of having faith in one's instincts. the deepest parts of me tell me this is permanent, and there's no need to grow in order to do what i'm meant to do. i agree with your points, though. thanks for the input. nice comparisons.
c:

Stormie,
I was researching and I hope this article may shed some light on your, what could reasonably be called, 'super power.
Doubtless, you are probably already familiar with these cases from your own research on the Internet...but I hope you don't mind me sharing.
-TAT

Or is it a disease?

Opinion is divided.

Story:

Gabby Williams has the facial features and skin of a newborn, and she is just as dependent. Her mother feeds, diapers and cradles her tiny frame as she did the day she was born.

The little girl from Billings, Mont., is 8 years old, but weighs only 11 pounds. Gabby has a mysterious condition, shared by only a handful of others in the world, that slows her rate of aging.

For the past two years, a doctor who has been trying to find the genetic off-switch to stop the aging process has been studying Gabby, as well as two other people who have striking similarities…

A 29-year-old Florida man has the body of a 10-year-old, and a 31-year-old Brazilian woman is the size of a 2-year-old. Like Gabby, neither seems to grow older.

Unraveling what these three people may have in common is the subject of a TLC television special, “40-Year-Old Child: A New Case,” which airs Monday, Aug. 19, at 10 p.m. ET. The show is a follow-up to Gabby’s story, which aired last year.

“In some people, something happens to them and the development process is retarded,” said medical researcher Richard F. Walker. “The rate of change in the body slows and is negligible.”

It seems like Gabby Williams has been a newborn forever, and she has. She still wears diapers and nurses every three hours.

But the little Montana girl with the long hair is 6 years old. As each of her younger siblings were born and grew into toddlers and then developed into older children, she stayed the same.

A normal 6-year-old would weigh an average of 46 pounds and be about four feet tall. Gabby is 10 pounds and only about 24 inches long.

“She had all her medical tests when she was first born and they couldn’t find anything,” said Gabby’s mother, Mary-Margret Williams, 37, who lives with her family in a suburb of Billings, Mont.

Her condition — so rare that there is no name for it — will be showcased in “My 40-Year-Old Child,” a one-hour TLC documentary that airs Sunday night at 9 p.m.

The film follows Gabby and her family, as well as Nicky Freeman, a middle-aged Australian in the body of a 10-year-old, as they try to unravel the medical mystery.

They are Benjamin Button children — only about a half dozen of them in the world, who age only one year for every four in the life of a normal human being. And so far, doctors can find nothing wrong with them.

thanks for this. i don't mind at all.
^ w ^

by super power, i mean something i haven't mentioned in this thread, because it's a lot of in depth info that should be posted in a separate thread. my apparent super power has to do with a talent set i have that seems be, well, a bit inhuman. i'll have to get into why i think it's 'super', and what weaknesses that seem to have come with it, etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormie
a reply to: Andromus

well, there's many reasons my case is more than just a hold up. it's permanent. i think 25 years is enough to conclude that, if not, 40. i'm replying to another post here that includes the case of the 40 year old that remains immature, no matter what. it's also a matter of having faith in one's instincts. the deepest parts of me tell me this is permanent, and there's no need to grow in order to do what i'm meant to do. i agree with your points, though. thanks for the input. nice comparisons.
c:

Stormie,
-TAT

Or is it a disease?

Opinion is divided.

Story:

thanks for this. i don't mind at all.
^ w ^

by super power, i mean something i haven't mentioned in this thread, because it's a lot of in depth info that should be posted in a separate thread. my apparent super power has to do with a talent set i have that seems be, well, a bit inhuman. i'll have to get into why i think it's 'super', and what weaknesses that seem to have come with it, etc.

I'm really very interested. Please share what you can.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I would advice you to grow up and always stay at the age 25 , it is better than 10

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

I would advice you to grow up and always stay at the age 25 , it is better than 10

have you not read my post, and the replies? if not, you might want to, and you might want to do some research into people with my condition. in fact, there are many more like myself who aren't diagnosed, and can't be, cause there's still no name for the condition; many more who aren't known to the media. i know this cause i've met others, and even have a personal friend who has the same condition.

we can't just "grow up". and, we don't want to. the brain is physically stuck in mid development with no way to to "induce growth". they've tried it, and failed. ever wonder if that's cause it's unnecessary?? there's no need to fix something that's not broken. this is down to the chemical, ionic, and even emotional level. my entire body is stuck at 10, much like turners, but unlike turners, it's literally stunted in every way. we don't mature, not even spiritually. you can ask my friend, or any who i've met, and they'll tell you the same thing. it's down to every part of our being, our soul. in fact, it hurts every day that i even have to explain any of this. i wish i could erase my birth year from the world's minds, that way they'd all just see me as i am. it's a huge reason that i don't post profile pictures of me. if i do, there will be way too many questions, even disgusting comments about how my picture is fake cause it looks way too young for a "25 year old". 25 isn't better than 10. 25 isn't better than 80. so what if i need a mom to take care of me forever? i can't do some things adults can cause my mental endurance for stress can't improve. but, i can also do things adults can't do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join