It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very SLOW internet all day, 6/25/2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Is it possible that this might be a lasting effect from the CME that happened a couple of days ago? Maybe the grid hasn't fully recovered from the interference. It was a pretty good one, there were reports of the Aurora Borealis being seen as far south as Australia.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I just asked around... TWC is making some excuse that they have to upgrade to 300Mb/s and people around here think that's why their old 50Mb/s isn't running over 1Mb/s.. "There is an outage." I can't believe how sleepy some people are, but this is outrageous.

I can't stand liars.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Is it possible that this might be a lasting effect from the CME that happened a couple of days ago? Maybe the grid hasn't fully recovered from the interference. It was a pretty good one, there were reports of the Aurora Borealis being seen as far south as Australia.

Several in a row and another bigger today.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sheesh! you peeps don't know luxury when it bites you in the ass.

Quit whining and be grateful you have internet at all.

The speeds you want are something most will never have.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Sheesh! you peeps don't know luxury when it bites you in the ass.
Quit whining and be grateful you have internet at all.
The speeds you want are something most will never have.

paying for higher speeds and getting almost dial up???
That's not luxury, that's theft.
If I was paying for 1Mb/s I would understand..

But $50 for dial up??? I used to use netzero at $10 for those speeds.. And that was 10 years ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Thank you, that makes total sense. I only heard about the earlier CME on the 22nd or something. I didn't realize the storm was ongoing.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Did it get here on 22? I wasn't paying attention but I thought it was launched on the 22.. CME takes a couple days to get here sometimes. It's not the flare part.

Nevermind.. I was wrong. It got here on 22nd. I wonder if that's it, but at the same time that article I wrote about.. IT also said..

"As an example, the study found that Comcast provided median download speeds from one CDN of 21.4Mbps during peak evening hours. During the same time period, AT&T provided median download speeds of 0.2Mbps."

So in the same time frames one company was 100 times faster than the other.. ATT&T and TWC are the ones accused of slowing speeds so crazily.

I would beg for 5Mb/s right now..

I can't even watch youtube.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

For instance.. My computer wanted to die loading these avatars..
I had to wait about 30 seconds to load the page..
It seems not as bad away from ATS,
but Like I said I can't watch youtube at all..

$50/month....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
If I was paying for 1Mb/s I would understand..

I get 1.3mbps, and that, to me, is luxury.

I do live in the middle of nowhere though. 19 telephone poles just from the main road to my house...lol

LUXURY.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mine was so slow last night I gave up trying to watch a 3 minute video. My parents was really slow too. I also noticed that the data connection on my phone wasn't any better. Assumed it was the CME.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I get 1.3mbps, and that, to me, is luxury.

I do live in the middle of nowhere though. 19 telephone poles just from the main road to my house...lol

LUXURY.

But that is what you are paying for.. This is not an argument about who has better stuff... I live in an area that is known for the best of the best stuff because it's a HIGH technology area...

I live in a big city.. I pay for much faster rates.. I can pay much lower for the rate I am getting now..
This is Illegal under the FCC.. I used to have a radio license under the FCC.. This will get fixed. Or the internet has fallen.
And your internet is going 4 times faster than mine... I pay $50, yours ion the middle of nowhere is 4 times my speed.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Mine was so slow last night I gave up trying to watch a 3 minute video. My parents was really slow too. I also noticed that the data connection on my phone wasn't any better. Assumed it was the CME.

When ATT&T is 100 times slower than the same internet from another provider in the same area... And they are being accused of slowing internet, along with Time Warner Cable...

It's not so hard to see what is up..

People around here are so naive they think it's an upgrade or problem they are having.. The old protocols are rated at at least 1Gb/s, so no new hardware is needed.. And they lap it up...

I cannot pay for something that is 150 times slower than advertised. That is Insane.

For anyone still confused...

"The ‘Internet Health Test’ Works: TWC, Verizon and More Accused of Slowing Data Speeds"
www.yahoo.com...

"Net NeutralityThe 'Internet Health Test' Works: Time Warner Cable, Verizon, AT&T and other major ISP's accused of intentionally slowing data "
www.reddit.com...

"Major internet providers slowing traffic speeds for thousands across US - The Guardian"
www.theguardian.com...

"AT&T has quietly changed the way it slows down your 'unlimited' LTE data - BGR"
bgr.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

My connection is up by 3x today... I just averaged about 1Mb/s...
I can watch youtube now, so it feels much better.. But if I am averaging 1Mb/s and topping out about 1.2, thye can't call this 50...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you are using wireless, use wpa instead of wpa2. Wpa2 is so intensive it takes double the time to decrypt/encrypt communication.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join