It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five cyber spy technologies that cannot be stopped by going offline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by ReebokortheNike removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I've known about this for many, many years, especially the old CRT leakage. They could setup a van down the street and reconstitute whatever was on your monitor. People used to think I was crazy when I told them a faraday cage would prevent it. LOL

Funny how all the old "conspiracy theories" (like mass data collection) turn out to be true, but by the time the public becomes aware at-large, most don't even seem to really care enough to do anything.

I remember reading about a computer exploit using sound from one non-networked computer to another. Somehow the one computer could infect the other computer by sound, and the other computer's microphone would pick it up. Speakers can become microphones and vice versa after all.

I had one of the very first RFID blocking wallets. Needless to say I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining the extra "love" the airport security gave me. I wonder if it showed up looking odd in the x-ray machine or something.
edit on 26-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thats nothing... I can tell what someones thinking by the sound of their farts... from another room...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I've known about this for many, many years, especially the old CRT leakage. They could setup a van down the street and reconstitute whatever was on your monitor. People used to think I was crazy when I told them a faraday cage would prevent it. LOL

I saw the same thing in a docu here some years ago, only I'm near sure they were able to engage the computer as well as scan it. Looking for passwords I think was one item. It was not WiFi.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, I'm sure that is by design... We have a very complacent society these days.

Have you looked at the Faraday cage phone cases? These are obviously only effective while your phone is in the case. If you've got malware on your device, it will simply wait until it is free from the case to connect to C&C. However, it is a good way to keep from remote tracking or activation of your device components (mic, camera)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Meh on those cases.

Your signal still has to hit a cell tower, and with Stingray and Kingfisher cell tower simulators the authorities can still intercept your data, calls and GPS location. They can record your cell conversations...and do.

I know the local PD uses them in my city, because I saw the city council's own minutes where the police chief presented the case for buying the technology, and was approved to do so.

A major problem with them is that they "slurp" up all other cell phones within range, not just the intended target. This violates my state's "right to privacy" clause in our state constitution ... but no one seems to care or is willing to do an investigative article on it to inform the people.
edit on 27-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah, don't even get me started on the cell towers. First of all, the ABCs have had unfettered access to cell data (not just meta data) for a very very long time. In the beginning, they gathered it under CALEA but after a while, the cell phone companies just gave it to them. In cases where they had "issues" getting it, they simply derived it from other means (*cough* hacking).

The cell Faraday case is only useful to keep your device from being tracked or remotely activated while it is in the case. That can be significant for some people in certain situations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join