It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five cyber spy technologies that cannot be stopped by going offline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Five cyber spy technologies that cannot be stopped by going offline

I found this an interesting read (especially considering the source).

I remember a DARPA discussion several years ago where we were discussing accessing 'off grid' networks and the methods of achieving success in various fashion. This article doesn't go into depth on the latest & greatest (or classified) avenues for access, but it does cover some methods that most of the average citizens know nothing about.

Where there's a will (and deep pockets), there's a way....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

D'you think there's a way to kill people covertly using the electronics and magnetics in your house?

No I don't mean sneaking up and smashing someone's head in with a speaker....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

D'you think there's a way to kill people covertly using the electronics and magnetics in your house?

No I don't mean sneaking up and smashing someone's head in with a speaker....

Lol...well you just took this thread in an ENTIRELY different direction.

I can definitively tell you that there are electromagnetic weapons that can kill you from a distance. Da...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Do you have any links or details please or d'you think that's for a different thread?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The thermal sensor connection! LOL
You gotta be after something very valuable to bother with that

I watched a vid (think it was a talk given at hackers conf) on youtube, where a guy needed just seconds of access to a laptop. In just seconds he would infect the power monitor chip (which is ALWAYS ON), and that would use the cable that went to the cam as an antenna. He would then recieve the signals from the antena.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I watched a vid (think it was a talk given at hackers conf) on youtube, where a guy needed just seconds of access to a laptop. In just seconds he would infect the power monitor chip (which is ALWAYS ON), and that would use the cable that went to the cam as an antenna. He would then recieve the signals from the antena.

It seem like the best bet is to slow access down, or confuse with spoilers. Like neon badly configured, modulators like LED'S with their own purpose setttings, anything electric that modulates and is shouting at one another..stick them inside cavity walls. It'll probably keep a lot of biological bugs out too!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: VoidHawk

It seem like the best bet is to slow access down, or confuse with spoilers. Like neon badly configured, modulators like LED'S with their own purpose setttings, anything electric that modulates and is shouting at one another..stick them inside cavity walls. It'll probably keep a lot of biological bugs out too!

You remind me of something that happened to me back in the days when I used to overclock.
This was before the modern cooling techniques.
I cut a hole in the casing of my pc, connected six inch ducting to the hole, fed the ducting out the window into a hole in the ground, the purpose being to get the coolest air possible.
When I arrived home one day I found my room swarming with ants, thousands of them! They'd crawled up the duting

But you're right, anything modulating is a leak, secrets should not be kept in electrical machinery.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by ReebokortheNike removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join