It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all being manipulated.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
That's what I read earlier today. About the bill that was passed involving the TPP.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Last time i checked obama was still more popular than the gop, too bad fox told you wrong.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
When someone targets innocents in a church solely because of skin color it is essentially threat of some magnitude to all those with that skin color. In the minds of the targeted group, they need to convince themselves it's not a clear and present danger so they can walk out the front door and get on with life. So blacks look around and what do they see?

Why is this excuse acceptable, but it is unacceptable to feel threatened when the shoe is on the other foot?
www.breitbart.com...
www.inquisitr.com... ssailant/
www.wnd.com...

The double standard is disgusting in America. Crime is crime. The instant America transitioned to "This crime is worse than a virtually identical crime because the victim is a minority" and enacted hate crime legislation, the 14th Amendment of the Constitution was violated. I can say this incident in South Carolina was abominable, and I can also say ANY attack of this nature, regardless the victims or the perpetrators is equally abominable. But hell, that's too simplistic in America because divisiveness sells and manufactures voter bases...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Answer

Apples and oranges my friend, crime stats vs a racist act, if thats all you got to prove your point, its pretty thin if you ask me.

Really?

43 people were murdered in Baltimore in the month of May... we didn't hear a peep about gun control.

9 people were murdered in Charleston and the country came unglued demanding that "something must be done about gun violence!"

Why don't we hear any outcries when a white person is killed by blacks? People have come to accept that when a white person is killed by a black person, it's just normal crime... Racist acts occur constantly in this country but people only have the balls to point it out and call it a hate crime when it's white on black.

Murder is murder. If people want to fight the problem, we need to look at the actual causes. Instead, people wait for a mass shooting so they can pretend to give a damn about violence without having to face any cold hard truths.

The problem is, we've been conditioned to ignore black crime and any violence committed by blacks because talking about it is "racist." Until we can grow up and face our problems without nonsense labels, we're never going to address the real issues.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
When someone targets innocents in a church solely because of skin color it is essentially threat of some magnitude to all those with that skin color. In the minds of the targeted group, they need to convince themselves it's not a clear and present danger so they can walk out the front door and get on with life. So blacks look around and what do they see?

Why is this excuse acceptable, but it is unacceptable to feel threatened when the shoe is on the other foot?
www.breitbart.com...
www.inquisitr.com... ssailant/
www.wnd.com...

The double standard is disgusting in America. Crime is crime. The instant America transitioned to "This crime is worse than a virtually identical crime because the victim is a minority" and enacted hate crime legislation, the 14th Amendment of the Constitution was violated. I can say this incident in South Carolina was abominable, and I can also say ANY attack of this nature, regardless the victims or the perpetrators is equally abominable. But hell, that's too simplistic in America because divisiveness sells and manufactures voter bases...

2 black men in Philadelphia walked up to a block party full of black people Saturday night and opened fire with a shotgun. 10 people were injured, including 3 children.

The media was too busy talking about the Charleston shooting and flags to mention it.

A black male with an "assault rifle" opened fire on police in Pittsburgh after carjacking a vehicle 3 days ago. The police shot him dead. This was also ignored.

The media ignores the violence committed by blacks and NEVER calls those crimes "hate crimes" even when there is an obvious racial motive. As you said, the double standard is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertasIntel
Mass murder has occurred in a church recently.

5 Dead In Louisiana Church Shooting

A man opened fire Sunday morning at a church hitting five people, four of them fatally before abducting his wife, whom he later shot to death at another location, authorities said.

9 years ago could ts as recently?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I can assure you I am not being manipulated, except when my wife uses her whiles upon me. Come to think about it, I am never manipulated.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Manipulated? Sure, that's a given. Been that way a long time. BUT what I see happening now is a much more in-your-face omnipresence to whatever story du jour they throw out to the public. I mean this Confederate flag business came out from a dozen angles at once, now people are defacing Confederate monuments and calling for schools and roads to be renamed because it's named for a Confederate soldier. Add in Obama throwing out the N-word and Piers Moron calling for Whites who use the word to be thrown in gaol (that's jail to you Americans).

Like all this was a spontaneous, authentic response to the church shootings? Not in a million years! I didn't have doubts about the shooting until all this came pouring out from a hundred places at once. This kind of mass campaign takes planning and doesn't just "occur" 2 days after a shooting. Then there's the "DHS was holding a mass shooter drill" that day in Charleston. Oh yeah, another coincidence I'm sure.

They are stepping up the BS campaign and throwing it on so fast and thick nobody can keep up. I see this as a move of desperation to disorient and provoke a violent response from the public, particularly targeting Southern Whites.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Agreed.

It started with the Ferguson riots and it has been going full-steam ever since.

It's blatantly obvious that this isn't all coincidental.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Civil War:
“There were over 3,000 BLACK slave owners
who lived in the south”

www.thedailysheeple.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

If you have to do a Google search then that plays right into their hands.

Then what happens? "The top trending search on google is..."

Don't google unless its absolutely necessary-trust me.

Agreed! Use Startpage or DuckDuckGo as a search engine, or even Ask.com. Anything other than Google.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Why don't they focus on the real causes of the problem like poverty, gang culture, drug-related violence, etc?

Because if they did that, then they might have to admit that their government programs have actually made the problem worse instead of better.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You know what else was overlooked? Apparently lawmakers just fast tracked the Trans Pacific Partnership. Nobody is even going to know what the terms entail until it's been completely passed.

Forget black vs. white, we're ALL about to be oppressed by our corporate oligarchy overlords.

* and since this is a conspiracy site, I noticed another thread (sorry haven't even had a chance to read it) about how there was some kind of drill going on at the time of the Charleston shooting....how conveeeeniant it is that all this hullabaloo is going down about flags and gun control and race, and not one word about the TPP

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Civil War:
“There were over 3,000 BLACK slave owners
who lived in the south”

www.thedailysheeple.com...

Good stuff.
Don't tell anyone some Black slave owners were richer than their White neighbors and that they also fought in the Confederate army.
Or that the first slave owner in America, Anthony Johnson was a Black man.
It only confuses their hysterical narrative.

edit on 25-6-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Sorry if my first post was redundant to posts from others previous to mine. Today the 'news' just wasn't sitting well with me, I had a gut feeling that SOMETHING actually more important was going on and that all this was a diversion tactic. I searched until I found the TPP news. Now I have a satiated feeling like "Ah, that's it!" And made my post before even reading everyone else's.

What can I say, great minds think alike!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It's people killing people...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well said OP. Unfortunately, again social issues are being manipulated. Also the while Obama maybe be signing the TPP at any time now. There's a small window left to act against it but the MSM is only ignoring and drowning it out or if they mention it, it's only pro TPP. Also, there's a potential WWIII in the making(Russia/Ukraine, etc).

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This massive distraction comes up right as the sovereignty-killing TPP is getting rammed through. Just a coincidence? I'd like to think so, but with the globalists everything is possible.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

News is pure propaganda these days and if obama wants guns taken off the American public he will use propaganda and make people focus on whatever helps him.

Charleston clearly fits the bill, despite the morality of ignoring other very important issues. But then was obama ever morally concerned for the welfare of the American people - on our side of the pond neither is cameron?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join