It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all being manipulated.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let's take a look at some of the stories that were ignored by the national news media while they were too busy talking about the Charleston shooting and banning the Confederate flag...

Google Search

Just take a read through and you'll notice that the black-on-black and black-on-white violence is proceeding as normal. These stories are largely ignored by the national news media... why? What is their agenda?

Why are our politicians and "experts" now focusing on the smallest category in that chart? Why do they choose to ignore the overall murder numbers?

I'm in no way defending the Charleston shooter. I simply want to know why this one shooting has caused such an outrage and why people are claiming that something needs to be done about guns and flags just because 9 people were killed when black-on-black murders account for such an astronomically large portion of the overall murder rate.

Why don't they focus on the real causes of the problem like poverty, gang culture, drug-related violence, etc?

Everyone is acting like the symbolic gesture of removing the Confederate flag will somehow improve the situation but it's total nonsense. What it WILL do is inspire hatred from the folks who see that flag as a symbol of their southern heritage. It certainly won't make the racists think "well, now that the flag's gone... I guess I don't have a reason to be prejudiced anymore." I feel like we're being manipulated to inspire a race war in this country. Someone is definitely pushing all the right buttons to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

That's a handy infographic - you make a great point in that TPTB are focusing on the smallest group from those options. I think TPTB will take anything that gets the public emotionally charged and add more fuel to the fire, since they know people will talk more about it and it will be a useful distraction from the important issues.

As a side note, they've also been vigorously trying to pass the TPP/TPA while keeping everyone distracted with the "flag scandal"

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If the stats are legit, I'm betting that seeing as the ratio of for every white killing a white, there are 5 blacks killing blacks --

The number of blacks living on or below poverty line in comparison to whites is probably at an equivalent 5:1. I'll bet anyone $1000 on that one. I'll take paypal.

edit on 25-6-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe because it was a deliberate racially charged mass murder in a church?

If you are talking about guns and why the media doesn't treat every gun related death equally, then they would have to report over 100 incidents every day. No one needs to see that.

As for the confederate flag I'm sure lots of Germans were disappointing when the Swastika flag was laid to rest. Who knows maybe in another 75 years some far right Germans will reclaim it as their "heritage".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.
They show us a hand while the other is doing what's important.

If only there was a way to put a nail into MSM's control over the population's opinions...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If you have to do a Google search then that plays right into their hands.

Then what happens? "The top trending search on google is..."

Don't google unless its absolutely necessary-trust me.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mass murder has occurred in a church recently.

5 Dead In Louisiana Church Shooting

A man opened fire Sunday morning at a church hitting five people, four of them fatally before abducting his wife, whom he later shot to death at another location, authorities said.
edit on 25-6-2015 by LibertasIntel because: fix image

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Maybe because it was a deliberate racially charged mass murder in a church?

If you are talking about guns and why the media doesn't treat every gun related death equally, then they would have to report over 100 incidents every day. No one needs to see that.

As for the confederate flag I'm sure lots of Germans were disappointing when the Swastika flag was laid to rest. Who knows maybe in another 75 years some far right Germans will reclaim it as their "heritage".

My point is that they claim to want to do something about the "out of control violence" and the "gun problem" but they ignore murder rates until a mass shooting involving a white kid happens.

Mass shootings account for a statistically insignificant number of murders but nobody cares about guns until one happens. It shows how completely nonsensical and knee-jerky the anti-gun side truly is.

I couldn't care less about the flag, even though I was raised in Mississippi. I never thought it was a symbol of racism, I treated it as a symbol of southern pride. The folks who see the flag as a symbol of their heritage are going to be extremely upset about the push to have it banned... it will not end well, I assure you. Knowing how dearly some people view that flag, it certainly won't lead to less violence.
edit on 6/25/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/25/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

If you have to do a Google search then that plays right into their hands.

Then what happens? "The top trending search on google is..."

Don't google unless its absolutely necessary-trust me.

It's the easiest way to find local news stories from other areas that never made it to the mainstream national media.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
If only there was a way to put a nail into MSM's control over the population's opinions...

There is.

Get everyone to stop watching the news and buying newspapers. OK, you'll still get some seeping in through advertisements but we'll ignore that small plot hole for now.

I remember when I was 18 years old, my brothers wife was watching the news and I scoffed at her, "LOL what are YOU watching the news for?! It's just a depressing load of bollocks" I said.

I was happy go lucky. Now I find myself a broken man 12 years later -- watching the news every day.

Think about how care free children are, they never watch the news.

Yeah, I might start a thread a social experiment type of thread, see if I can stop taking in the MSM for a month and see how I feel at the end of it. Of course, I'll post the thread then you won't see me for a month.
Yeah, ATS is mainstream. Take that ScepticOverlord.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's the easiest way to find local news stories from other areas that never made it to the mainstream national media.

Not necessarily.

Netvibes is a good alternative-you can create a homepage where you can have multiple RSS feeds from multiple news outlets. I only have to google a story if my homepage doesn't have the source.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Not necessarily.

Netvibes is a good alternative-you can create a homepage where you can have multiple RSS feeds from multiple news outlets. I only have to google a story if my homepage doesn't have the source.

Good to know.

I try to avoid the news as much as possible unless I absolutely have to use it to make a point though... too depressing and makes you think the whole world is going to shyte.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The Charleston Church killings are different. I'm fairly sure you understand that and the point is to support the standard shamelessness that is the foundation of America. So this is an appeal to others reading this.

For a moment, let's presume the attacks happened like the media narrative lays it out. I'm reserving judgement on that.

When someone targets innocents in a church solely because of skin color it is essentially threat of some magnitude to all those with that skin color. In the minds of the targeted group, they need to convince themselves it's not a clear and present danger so they can walk out the front door and get on with life. So blacks look around and what do they see?

Police being very nice to this young man. That's odd. They seem to get killed a lot for nothing. They see people speaking out in support of the symbology and culture that created and fostered this hatebreed. The context of US culture is not only terribly biased based on skin but it's also flooded with victim mocking for the purpose of terrorism. It's a sick outcome from a sick, Jim Crow culture. So many angry white's that think they have a birthright. So in this context of oppression and terrorism, the only conclusion is that they and their loved ones face clear and present danger at all times.

Maybe you can't conceive what that is like, but I can. I believe others reading this can. If you are one of those people that can understand, maybe you should consider speaking out to offer support and put the devils on notice that their impunity is at an end.

And a message to blacks out there... America and Israel are two peas in a pod culturally. Israel is just farther along in it's implementation of apartheid. There is a finite amount of time to stop this progression in America. There is no choice than to resist this with everything you can muster.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

So white on black "terrorism" is the biggest threat facing blacks in America?

Surely you must be joking...

There was a time in this country when parts of most towns were considered unsafe for people of color. Now the exact opposite is true.

Do I ever worry that someone will attack me just because I'm white? Very rarely. I do, however, have to look over my shoulder quite often because someone might attack me for what's in my wallet and the fear is much greater in certain parts of town. That's not racism, that's a self preservation method based on facts.

If you honestly think that black people are going around in fear of whites, you're very far detached from the actual emotions of this issue and in your efforts to fight this ideological fight against racism, you've lost sight of the reality of crime and murder rates in this country.
edit on Thu Jun 25 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replaced long quote with REPLY TO Quote Crash Course

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Apples and oranges my friend, crime stats vs a racist act, if thats all you got to prove your point, its pretty thin if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So true. I feel like I am living in the twilight zone more and more each day...

Facts don't matter anymore, everything is just emotionally charged propaganda.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
With all the riots happening, and the talk coming out about some of those being paid for by wealthy individuals; this leads me to believe that someone is trying to in-act Problem-Reaction-Solution.

It seems like someone wants martial law very badly and is doing everything they can with their wealth to stir up trouble. Why martial law? Most likely, the wealthy think that the military will be protecting them from the have-nots. If I were the government, and was going to set up martial law, the wealthy stock piles would be the first to raid.

It seems to me that the riots had not had the intended effect, so the next course is to take away a symbol (or hide it for a while) to stir up those racial charged feelings. Also, the TPP is being written into law, so it could be a massive distraction as well. But, are we not use to distractions now? What did they try to pass when they closed down the parks and try to shut down government? It looks like a dog and pony show.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I haven't read all the comments yet but the first thing that popped to my mind is that a bill was just passed about free trade across sea. And see I'm not knowledgable about this bill to discuss it but I do know a bill was passed while everyone is in an uproar about all this and the flag. I do think that tptb want us distracted from what's really going on. Oh and also divide and conquer.
Much peace to you
-nat

I found this has a little info about the bill news.yahoo.com...

And I get it that yahoo is not the best source.. It's just the first thing that popped up
edit on 25-6-2015 by natalia because: Added

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Of course we're being manipulated. It happens every day.

This video is about common propaganda techniques. I'm sure that you can spot some that are familiar.

This video talks about how the media suppresses some stories in favor of others that certain people or organizations don't want you to know about and gives five recent examples.

In fact, this current fuss over the flag is (I believe) being used to distract (a form of manipulation) from the TPP.
Here's a video discussing that.

So, yeah, of course we're being manipulated. The thing is not to fall for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The truth of this entire situation ? It is fast approaching election year and the Democratic Party only has Hillary and Bernie.They are trailing everywhere as neither is very popular. The Dems are going to have to stretch and reach deep this time .SO ANYTHING that looks as if they can blame on the Reps they will. Sad....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join