It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good night my friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hi all

I buried my cat on monday afternoon.She was 15 years old.
I can remember coming back from work (feels like a lifetime ago) and the Mrs said "plz dont be angry Ive got a kitten".

We was living in a small 1 bedroom flat above a shop,so not much room.
As soon as i saw her I warmed to her straight away.
She was a typical cat climbing into crevaces that seemed impossible lol.

Then came the lazer pen craze, Im certain most of you the cat owners have had plenty of
fun watching your cat climbing up the walls chasing a red dot,
only later to discover that you need to redecorate that old wood chip wallpaper.

She was always a strong and nosey cat and would certainly let you know when she was hungry,
for example, several years ago I was in the kitchen having a smoke and she jumped in through the window
trodled up to her bowl which was empty, looked up at me and then to her bowl and then started pawing it.

Over the last few months I noticed she was not as agile as she used to be.
Her back legs started to wobble as she was walking, then she went deaf at the same time, but was still full of character.
She didnt want to leave us and always curled up at my feet (keeping them warm) whilst I was on the computer.

The hardest decision we had to make was getting her euthanised.

What will haunt me for some time, Is that it took 3 doses to put her to sleep.
The vet said "she doesnt want to go".

I feel empty feelings Ive not felt before.
She was peeing and didnt have the energy to move or clean herself.
I wanted to keep her alive as long as possible the Mrs persuaded me that its for the best,
and its cruel to keep her alive.

She didnt want to go.

Her name was fluffy but I never called her that.

Good night my little friend, I will never forget you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry, losing a family member (that's what they are) is hard, i've gone through it twice.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Condolences....I'm close to your experience with my dog.
edit on 25-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A beautiful cat. Its good you have lots of fond memories.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

Sorry for our loss op, if she did not have the quality of life she deserved then you did the right thing.

Great eulogy for her in this post, hope it helped some to recall the good times in this post.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

She has her little Heavenly wings now

She gave you many years of love and joy; what a wonderful gift.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sorry for our loss op, if she did not have the quality of life she deserved then you did the right thing.

Great eulogy for her in this post, hope it helped some to recall the good times in this post.

Thank u all.

She had a great life, she was 15.
Even the vet said she a good inning.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My deepest sympathies. I've had and lost many great dogs over the decades and it never gets any easier.

She was a very sweet looking kitty. Sorry for your loss.

Take Care

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

She has her little Heavenly wings now

She gave you many years of love and joy; what a wonderful gift.

How to make a big bearded fully grown may spontaneously burst out in tears Caladonea.

Sorry for your loss op, it never gets any easier.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. She looks like a cutie and from what you said she had a full life.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sorry to hear man.
Keep your chin up....things like that suck.
I am scared to own pets for that very reason....you love them and they always go before you do and its hard to take.

Chin up man.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm so sorry! She sounds like quite a character. I love the stories you told about her! A beautiful tribute! And for what it's worth, you did the right thing, IMO. Once their quality of life is suffering like that, and we don't make that difficult decision, we're hanging on for ourselves instead of for them.

We've lost two animals recently (one dog, one cat) and it's SO hard to recover from it! But the one thing that helped me is to think about how lucky we are that they shared their lives with us. No one else knows just how special they were - all their quirks and qualities... What a gift they gave us! To honor that gift, I am thankful to them and it helps me move forward.

Let yourself grieve and take care of yourselves (you and the Mrs).

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss. It is funny how close we are with our pets, but they really are part of the family. You did what was best for your loved one. Time will heal and the memories remain. I know it is not easy.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
She looks like she could be the twin sister of my cat that had to get euthanized earlier this year. Kidney failure for him. Ironically, he was also 15.

The thing I always try to remember, as somebody else here said, is they chose you to share their life with. Somehow, some way, they chose us. Makes it a little easier and makes you feel a little more special. Doesn't make it easy, just easier.

So sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So sorry to hear that fella...

The worst part of having this Forum is knowing that every now and then someone is going to have to make a heartbreaking post...

The best part is that our furry little friends are immortalised not only in their spirit and our memories...

But also in the 21st century Matrix of the worldwide web.

Prayers are with you and yours.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I got all choked up.
I have lost many beautiful and loving little animals through the years and I know how you feel. RIP sweet kitty!

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your beloved Fluffy lived a long and happy life. You will see her again someday.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful cat. It's such a wrench. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind replies.

Its funny, even after a few days Im still finding her hairs in strange places.
It is getting slightly easier to cope with.

Thx all

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

But the one thing that helped me is to think about how lucky we are that they shared their lives with us. No one else knows just how special they were - all their quirks and qualities... What a gift they gave us! To honor that gift, I am thankful to them and it helps me move forward.

Let yourself grieve and take care of yourselves (you and the Mrs).

Thank you,
very true, didnt realize till she went.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I am so very sorry for your loss......pets are family....I understand what you're going through.
We lost our dog, Emily, a little over three weeks ago.

Remember the goodness and joy your cat brought to you.
Treasure the memories.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join