It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Barcs

I think he just wanted to argue for the sake of it.
Because yes it is simple and logical.

But that was never my point and to frame it in that context is rather disingenuous.

My point is that it won't make any difference and that there are much greater problems to address and, as previously stated by another UK poster, faith based schools already outperform public schools in the UK where math and science are concerned so there really was never a concern of low performance to begin with.

Was the pont not though about the teaching of creationsim?

I take it you didn't read the thread. My point was that it really wouldn't make a difference from an academic standpoint as parochial schools were already outperforming public schools.

Me i did not bother to read the thread, why would I?

I just read the thread maybe missed a couple of posts here and there, was born and raised in the UK, saw three stepkids go to school here and then my own, watched how it it went about and then made a decision on how I thought I felt about the situation regarding the topic in question and then I guess...

I think I just made stuff up to have an opinion on a conspiracy site.

Ah, so you don't bother to gather all of the information and then you make a judgment on it. And you deride others for not using information?

Your quote sir.

You said you didn't read the entire thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: NavyDoc

Fair one.
Different folk and all that.

You are an example of what one should do and what is what really matters to get success. I salute you.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ooooo

Maybe a happy musical interlude to make everyone chill a bit.

Maybe just agree to disagree eh folks?.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

If we do not know how life began then would the sensible option not be to tell children that we do not know yet as opposed to arguing about which unproven theory we should be teaching them.

If I do not know the answer to somthing I ask, if no one can give me an answer then I leave it at that?

That would leave the children ignorant.

Perhaps we could say "we don't know exactly but here are some ideas that people have had"...

I will finally bite here as that seems to be the way of things and after trying to accomadate you and your opinions I no longer care so well done there.

I as a member of the UK And a parent do not wish for my child to be taught creationism as anything other than a story.

The vast majority of members of the UK agree on this and as such it is no longer an issue here, Goverment funding will no longer support this.

It is quite simply this simple, there is nothing more to argue and this is the way of things.

That is all, the end.

Really thats it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

But that was never my point and to frame it in that context is rather disingenuous.

My point is that it won't make any difference and that there are much greater problems to address and, as previously stated by another UK poster, faith based schools already outperform public schools in the UK where math and science are concerned so there really was never a concern of low performance to begin with.

I take it you didn't read the thread. My point was that it really wouldn't make a difference from an academic standpoint as parochial schools were already outperforming public schools.

I just read the thread maybe missed a couple of posts here and there, was born and raised in the UK, saw three stepkids go to school here and then my own, watched how it it went about and then made a decision on how I thought I felt about the situation regarding the topic in question and then I guess...

Ah, so you don't bother to gather all of the information and then you make a judgment on it. And you deride others for not using information?

Your quote sir.

What did I miss? at least you could give me that as you are intent in getting the better of me in debate?

What is the killer line I missed?

Hit me with it?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Ok I see what happened there, you actually took what I said as opposed to reading what I said.

Well done for that.

There is a word for what I did but there you go.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Ok I see what happened there, you actually took what I said as opposed to reading what I said.

Well done for that.

Well, if you don't say what you mean, don't be all kerfuffled if you don't communicate well.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Well, if you don't say what you mean, don't be all kerfuffled if you don't communicate well.

what would you like me to say?

How would you like me to make your opinion void?

I do not mind how we do it but at least give me a chance otherwise your just cheating?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

The actual op and the implications of it. You vs Me?

A game you can play and I assume are up for?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

I do not mind how we do it but at least give me a chance otherwise your just cheating?

You can't make my opinion void. Give it a go.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

lol allow me to add the soundtrack

I just had the last of my scotch any got any? btw?.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

Nope. You are the one who brought up this "challenge." Whatever it is you think you have, give it over.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

Nope. You are the one who brought up this "challenge." Whatever it is you think you have, give it over.

But you said "You can't make my opinion void. Give it a go. "

I will take that challenge. and will give you stipulations.

Boymonkey will give us the soundtrack.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

lol allow me to add the soundtrack

I just had the last of my scotch any got any? btw?.

Would you agree to the soundtrack sir?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No idea whats going on is it a rap battle?.

Come on dudes we would all get drunk together and have a laugh but we can't all agree with each other all the time but lets not get banned and stuff over a difference of opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

I understand if you want to simply dissapear right now, it is up to you?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No idea whats going on is it a rap battle?.

Come on dudes we would all get drunk together and have a laugh but we can't all agree with each other all the time but lets not get banned and stuff over a difference of opinion.

A fair point but honour is at stake here.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

But you said "You can't make my opinion void. Give it a go. "

I will take that challenge. and will give you stipulations.

Boymonkey will give us the soundtrack.

That's what I said. Give it a go. You said you read the thread. Whatever you think it is, throw it out there.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Your quote sir.

Well done for that.

Ok you start then.

I understand if you want to simply dissapear right now, it is up to you?

Why? You said you had something, throw it out there. Otherwise you are blowing smoke.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join