It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No it is not what organised religion says.

It is what the loudmouth fools that have been given a platform for their nonsense say. Do you honestly think that most Christians believe the world is 5,000 years old? Most of the ones I know do not and I know quite a few of them.

This site is devolving to people like those that have shown their ass in this thread. This place used to be full of critical thinking and openness. Now it is a place for dicks to come and bash those they perceive as weak and stupid.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

And this is a site populated by mostly Americans so what are you spouting off with things about the UK for?....I can do it too

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raxusillian

Hey, you are the one calling ME a dick here. I'm just arguing with you. Though you aren't giving me much room to change my tone since you haven't addressed a single one of my points.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I edited my comment, I was being what i claimed others were......sorry

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: raxusillian

And this is a site populated by mostly Americans so what are you spouting off with things about the UK for?....I can do it too
What exactly are you saying?
This is a UK topic about UK legislation. I can spout whatever I like if I am well versed in the subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thats possible. I do agree there are a lot of religious nuts out there and scientific studies have produced many great advancements for our species. However, what we would consider mainstream science is also controlled and financed by those evil bastards that run this planet. Its not some free unadulterated broad spectrum practice anybody can just go out and do to validate what is being published in these papers so many here tout is the TRUTH.

The advanced experiments that are performed every day and published by all of these universities worldwide could never be reproduced by the common man...Therefore you cannot validate the accuracy of any of the claims made in any of the fields of science....While some basic experiements can be performed on the cheap, no one here has access to the hubble space telescope, an electron microscope, a particle accelerator, tridium, etc,etc,etc....You can't honestly claim anything as FACT until you reproduce the results yourself or have firsthand evidence of its results and a research papaer is not firsthand knowledge...up until then you are only having FAITH that its true... They can write anything in those papers and you can't disprove it because you can't perform the experiement due to lack of everything...

I think the indoctrination goes both ways...Science IS a religion, and most here know absolutely jack squat about anything being published in these scientific research papers...all I ask is that the people against religion stop making it out like being religious is some disease or faulty way of thinking...I do not KNOW there is a god, its something I believe..you may choose not the believe that and thats fine a reply to: notmyrealname

link   

I may have hit reply to you but it should have been a reply the topic as a whole. Sorry

link   
This is really good news. If only 'Merica' would follow.

You could mention that God created the Universe and set all the natural processes in motion, but it would be really hard to go into more detail than that. We can see Natural processes through our studies of the sciences. We can see evidence of evolution. The questions about evolution are just a means for better science and more understanding.

If you believe that Creationism should be taught, then what flavor? How would you agree and which religion would you choose? Not being a Christian, I would hate for my children to be taught the lies in Genesis.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I may have hit reply to you but it should have been a reply the topic as a whole. Sorry

I missed a lot of your coments as you altered them?

Would you like to have another go without issue so as to put your point across without issue?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

No i think i will stop.

Nothing good will come of the attitude I have now.

I will leave with this....The world as I see it is not good. It should be a far better place than it is. I get far to angry about and let my emotions control far to much of what I have to say. I am a straight up jerk sometimes. If i have offended I am sorry.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No i think i will stop.

Nothing good will come of the attitude I have now.

I will leave with this....The world as I see it is not good. It should be a far better place than it is. I get far to angry about and let my emotions control far to much of what I have to say. I am a straight up jerk sometimes. If i have offended I am sorry.

You have not offended me, as I say you had already retracted your statements by the time I got here.

Why not take a deep breath and have another go?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The fact there are only 43 body types on the planet,the fibonacci sequence and much else can suggest intelligent design perhaps not divine but intelligent and this theorum is just as valid as life starting from lightning striking a big algic amino acid broth .

The Genesis story is just that a story, but there is hidden meaning and allegory in all bible material and the original Torah was given as a 365000 continuous character data stream much suggests the original Hebrew version could be an interactive hologram,once again that is not necessarily divine but intelligent,official history farts and splutters as of 4000 bc so no one knows the real truth but the possibilities should be taught better.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: raxusillian

You haven't offended me either, I enjoy robust debate.
Don't give up on whatever you believe in, but don't assume others see the world the same as you do.
That would be a foolish option.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Absolute rubbish.
You have nothing to indicate creation by a god or whatever is real, nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: amazing

The fact there are only 43 body types on the planet,the fibonacci sequence and much else can suggest intelligent design perhaps not divine but intelligent and this theorum is just as valid as life starting from lightning striking a big algic amino acid broth .

The Genesis story is just that a story, but there is hidden meaning and allegory in all bible material and the original Torah was given as a 365000 continuous character data stream much suggests the original Hebrew version could be an interactive hologram,once again that is not necessarily divine but intelligent,official history farts and splutters as of 4000 bc so no one knows the real truth but the possibilities should be taught better.

I may have missed something here, how would this to relate to the removal of funding in UK schools for the teaching of creationism.

I am sure it's there it must have slipped by me.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I actually am an atheist and I was arguing hypotheticals .which evolution is just as much as creationism, your violent response to the mere suggestion of intelligent design suggests you have major issues with the God concept.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

My whole rambling nonsensical point.....The suppression of any knowledge or any thinking is never a good thing. The theory of evolution is not taught as theory. I think creationism or intelligent design should be taught as theory as well. No one side of anything should be taught with any more importance than the other. We do not create free thinkers by teaching so heavily from one side. We teach people to fit a mold by doing this.

The more we move to ban ways of thinking and the teaching of subjects the more we lose our humanity. I am going to give a specific example here. Please apply it as an example. There is so much Muslim hate in the US right now. It makes me so sad. There is never any talk of learning about why they kill, or why they torture. The only talk we hear is how horrible they are and how they need to be wiped out. Maybe if we moved to understand them and tried to empathize with them we could find a common ground. We are alienating and dividing ourselves almost to the point of no reconciliation.

Education is of the up most importance. Indoctrination is evil and works to tear us apart even further. People get so entrenched in their beliefs that they lose sight of the difference and the repercussions.
edit on 26-6-2015 by raxusillian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I am saying that there is more to creationism and the argument for intelligent design than just the bible,do I personally believe -no,but yes it should be taught as the alternative is by no means concrete fact either.
edit on 26-6-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good points. I'll take em to heart.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

My whole rambling nonsensical point.....The suppression of any knowledge or any thinking is never a good thing. The theory of evolution is not taught as theory. I think creationism or intelligent design should be taught as theory as well. No one side of anything should be taught with any more importance than the other. We do not create free thinkers by teach so heavily from one side. We teach people to fit a mold by doing this.

The more we move to ban ways of thinking and the teaching of subjects the more we lose out humanity. I am going to give a specific example here. Please apply it as an example. There is so much Muslim hate in the US right now. It makes me so sad. There is never any talk of learning about why they kill, or why they torture. The only talk we hear is how horrible they are and how they need to be wiped out. Maybe if we moved to understand them and tried to empathize with them we could find a common ground. We are alienating and dividing ourselves almost to the point of no reconciliation.

Education is of the up most importance. Indoctrination is evil and works to tear us apart even further. People get so entrenched in their beliefs that they lose sight of the difference and the repercussions.

I take your opinion as just that.

Can you please tell me how it is relavant to the conversation in hand.

I do not think this is a bad thing to ask for here?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join