It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction for 6-26-2015 Gun grab attempt .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Greathouse
Obama is set to eulogize someone he has called a friend tomorrow . Reverend Clementa C. Pinckney Will be laid to rest tomorrow and President Obama will do the eulogy .

Currently the media is preoccupied with the flag issue . Generally they set up a big distraction to stoke the fires for their big announcement . If this pitiful excuse for human being follows his past history. He will seize this moment to vilify the Confederate flag and then gladly plea for a change in gun laws while standing upon the bodies of victims as his soapbox .

He knows very well that the gun debate will go nowhere as long as he doesn't have corpses to preach his message of oppression from . The people, House and Senate have repeatedly resisted second amendment changes throughout history . The only time the issue even stands close to having a chance is when they tug at our heartstrings about tragedies to push their agenda .

I find this tactic repulsive . After events like Charlestown emotions come much farther into play than clear thinking and reasoning . The need to capitalize on public emmotion in order to make changes to the constitution is a repugnant idea .

I grant you this may not deserve to be in the prediction thread, this statement is pretty much a gimme.

I don't doubt that this is exactly what he will use this eulogy for. He will go on and on about the tragedies of this event, relate them back to all the other shootings during his tenure as POTUS then ask for the American people to speak out against guns. Likely make a statement about some initiative or law he is going to put into place by the time he leaves office, or some order he will sign to limit our rights in some way or another.

Thank you for the reply. I have often wondered if I am the only one nauseated by the tactics he chooses to use ?

No , you are not the only one. This President has , and continues to , drag this country down with his under the table policies. Just think, he was going to be the "Great Uniter".Changed his mind early on and became the "Great Divider".

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well looks like you were right Greathouse

He also called attention to "the unique mayhem that gun violence inflicts upon this nation," and said the country needs action on gun control, not just talk.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You nailed it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me in the least bit that Obama used a eulogy as a platform to promote his agenda. Anyone with any sense could see that he would turn it into a political platform and in essence take away from the tragedy of what happened.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You were right. He really is that predictable, isn't he? He never turns down a chance to get in the spotlight and yack.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You nailed it.

I watched it on TiVo delayed . But he still surprise me that from a pile of victims he went for a trifecta .

He told us God wants us to take down the rebel flag, police prejudice must be stamped out and yes of course he brought guns into.

While I don't argue with the positions on two of his issues . I am still offended that he used this solemn moment to push his agendas.

I realize and recognize the racial problems that exist. But it also offended me how deeply he fanned the flames of racism to support his positions .

To sum up my position. Everything he said should be said. I just do not think they should be said at a eulogy .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Obama reminds me of my uncle. He sells cars.

At our wedding, at the reception, he came up to my wife and did not say, "Congrats" or "Best wishes", he said, "So what do you drive?"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You were right. He really is that predictable, isn't he? He never turns down a chance to get in the spotlight and yack.

To be fair he is not the only politician that does this . But it bothers me when anyone does it. Because it brings emotion into a topic that should be judged solely on clear logical thinking .

Whenever emotion becomes involved in your thought process it tends to override reasoning and inflame the issue. Because you are then thinking with your heart and not with your head .
edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Obama reminds me of my uncle. He sells cars.

At our wedding, at the reception, he came up to my wife and did not say, "Congrats" or "Best wishes", he said, "So what do you drive?"

Lol

Excuse the southern dialect but I agree, we used to call people like him " Flim Flam Men" .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So... I so wanted to be wrong.

He really is predictable, isn't he? I should get him at a poker table. No limit Texas Hold 'em... I'd own the US debt by midnite.

God, I didn't think I could like him any less...I was wrong.

What a jerk.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Can we make a friendly wager on this?

Good thing I decided against a sucker bet, huh?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Not sure if this is totally correct but it does sound par for the course to me.
From an email

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World

But if you take out just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans , the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the entire world, for Murders.

These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the U.S.

ALL 4 of these cities are controlled by Democrats.
It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data right?

TPTB IMO will never give up their efforts to disarm the law abiding citizens. (criminals tend to not pay attention anyway) Either through restrictions on ammo availability, insane insurance requirements, Peer pressure, or with the stroke of a pen, they will not give up their desire to disarm the populous either directly or by the thousand cut method.

Funny how they always go after certain rifles when it is pistols that do the majority of the killings. Rifles are a threat to the military and police.... pistols not so much. Old saying is "use a pistol to fight your way to a rifle". Much truth in that, IMO.

edit on 26-6-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So... I so wanted to be wrong.

Me too!

I was prepared for the disappointment though . What I was not prepared for was his multi prong attack.

I will say one thing, the man never ceases to amaze me .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I do not understand why anyone is surprised. Since the beginning of time. Every politician has used tragedy to further their political goals. Heck, when Cain killed Abel. The first thing God thought was. You know what, I can use this as a teaching moment.

Obama should absolutely be condemned for this. But I hope to see you all doing the same, when the next Republican president does the same thing.

edit on 26-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I wasn't. I wanted to be.

Though, like Greathouse, I was rather surprised that he hit all three topics...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I don't think so they don't have the numbers and if it it isn't done all at once it's poliitical suicide.
I think its recon only .
MAYBE an attemp to provoke but they don't have a large enough army to confiscate or create martial law in America to hold 1 state much less several.
Maybe Hawalli...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Obama has a terrible record on gun control. He has done nothing beyond suggesting people talk about some restrictions. He let the Reagan supported assault weapons ban lapse with little fight. He pays it some lip service for some of his supporters but, it clearly has never been anywhere on his agenda. Then again why would the Government want to take away people guns anyway?

Sure it would stop a lot of people and their kids from shooting themselves or each other but, where does that count in politics. Americans are a violent people. It is just the way we are. We are going to kill each other no matter what. Sure certain weapons mean you can get a much higher body counter easier but, in the end who cares as long as somebody else can have that gun for fun. And guns are fun. They just have to be respected and that is the problem with many gun owners.

So we go back to why would the Government want to take guns away? Well looking at the Governments track record it is clear they do not. It is kind of stop illegals. You will get plenty of talk but, nobody is ever going to put a real effort into it. Whey would they. Gun companies make money, and money means taxes. Sure some people have this fantasy that owning guns some how would stop a fascist government from doing whatever evil deed they think is going to happen. However anybody who knows anything about an armed resistance movements knows the massive mix of light weapons Americans have would be about as effective against a modern military force as throwing rocks.

Everybody would have to rearmed with weapons that used standard ammo and then trained. Since no resistance force has ever has any chance without outside support.

And if you want to turn a military against its master you do not do it with guns. Getting troops to shoot unarmed protesters always leads to defections. Getting troops to call in some artillery on a block where people are shooting at them with small arms, is very easy. So if you ever really wanted to use your military against your own people, just arm those people. Maybe that is that plan after all eh ATS?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Believe it or not we probably agree on more things than you think. For instance, I'm not a fan of Obama either. He IS a politician after all. I just refuse to believe he's the WORST President we've ever had, plus I don't like hyperbole and exaggerations so I'll defend even someone I don't like to prevent ignorance from being spread.

It used to have one. I miss those emoticons...

I made a post here a while back....In it, i talked about how EVERY president is the worst president...

Bush Sr. was the worst president because of the Gulf war, and "no new taxes". Clinton was the worst president because of NAFTA and GATT, and the whitewater thing, and the blowjobs. Bush Jr. was the worst president because of Iraq, and Afghanistan, and the patriot act, and the TSA, and new taxes, and executive orders, and because he's literally a dumbass. which brings us to Obama, who is the worst president, because he didn't make good on his word to immediately put a stop to the nonsense in the middle east, and because of the birth certificate thing, and obamaphones, and common core, and the ACA, and executive orders, and NSA spying, etc, etc...

Every president is the worst president...depending on who you ask..
edit on 6-26-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Well looks like you were right Greathouse

He also called attention to "the unique mayhem that gun violence inflicts upon this nation," and said the country needs action on gun control, not just talk.

www.nbcnews.com...

You nailed it.

Yeah, but really....it wasn't much of a prediction....

Would anyone be like "goddamn Dadealus, you nailed it", if i were to say "I predict the sun will come up tomorrow"?

This liar in the white house said on the campaign trail that he wasn't against guns, and that "nobody's coming for your rifle, nobody's coming for your shotgun, nobody's coming for your pistol"...he gets elected, and now he's coming for our rifles, our shotguns, and our pistols....

Seriously, rubbish prediction.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Yeah, but really....it wasn't much of a prediction....

Would anyone be like "goddamn Dadealus, you nailed it", if i were to say "I predict the sun will come up tomorrow"?

I would, but I'm an enabler and easily surprised.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join