It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Big Cat Sighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
About six months ago I saw a black leopard stalking in full daylight on the edge of town. It was far enough away not to be sure if it was a black calf or a labrador, but it's movements and the outline when it turned sideways made me almost certain. On a later date I saw some cattle in the same place and I could be sure then of the scale.

There was a sighting reported in the local paper about three weeks later only a few hundred yards away. This was a clear, close-up sighting involving a jump that only a big cat could have made. That was nice confirmation reassuring me that my perception was probably accurate.

There are numerous sightings in and around towns and cities. After this sighting I gave it some though and wondered if they get a certain amount of protection near built up areas. There's less chance of being shot at. Pets are also taken as food.

I've seen photographs of a dog with injuries consistent with being bitten on the snout and suffocated. The man who showed me these photographs was making a documentary. I contacted him originally to warn him to keep quiet as he or his documentary would be knobbled. He responded by saying all the experts had told him a cover-up was taking place. He and his documentary seem to have vanished. Odd.

If you want the comfortable explanation for their presence here, there is no known reason for the European Leopard not to have come here when this island was still part of the greater landmass. They would likely have developed into a melanistic form under the dense forest canopy. Roman additions and later the few that were turned loose in more recent years have also mingled.

It gets less easily understandable when you factor in the Australian and North American sightings, plus, I hardly dare mention it, the ability to disappear.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that sensitive readers shouldn't feel any apprehension about odd subjects like this. Don't worry. There have been cases of people here befriending and feeding British Big Cats. They aren't just killers with big teeth. You aren't in danger unless you actually walk into one in long grass or open a car door onto it's nose as it walks by. These two incidents resulted in big scratches across the belly in one case and a bitten thigh in the other. Both injuries far less severe than would be the case if serious harm was intended. This is one of the oddities noticed by people who have studied the subject in great depth. British Big Cats are on the whole not dangerous to us.

edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: change wording

edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: fool

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

At the moment there's too few and they're way too elusive to become a major issue, I think.
Its when the numbers increase we should start to worry.
edit on 25/6/2015 by Catch_a_Fire because: posted without a reply

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nice..maybe a pet that got away

...maybe one of my favorite dogs

A black Presa Canario

It looks like a panther

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Probably escaped (or released) cub that got too big. Stupid humans, we get every infestation we deserve. Here in the states its reptile exotica escaped during Hurricanes in the Everglades, Hog Zilla gone wild in the woods of everywhere US and…

have you seen this this am? Kitty, come out and play!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

More artificial lighting, heavier car use, (many sightings are crossing the road), larger human population and greater ability to communicate widely are all contributing to a greater number of reported sightings.

There are more deer now than at any time since the ice age. www.bbc.co.uk... Food is plentiful for big cats.

The big cat population here is exploding according to some experts who have been warning for decades that education is necessary to limit the possibility of humans falling prey.

I don't personally think any of this is cause for worry unless behaviour changes dramatically.

Elusive.

Appearing and vanishing as they do with the ease of all felines, it is at times
as if they disappear at will even as one watches them. Many is the time I and
others have watched such a cat crossing an open hillside when it has 'vanished'
as if into thin air, presumably into a cave or some hidden goyal as we locals
call the smaller coombes or unfarmed bits of countryside hereabouts.

Yet, as often as not, on going to what seems the exact spot, we find that the
animal has disappeared, with the terrain showing no obvious hiding places. At
such moments the air feels charged with electricity as one's own 'hackles' rise
at the back of the neck and one feels as if one is in the presence of unseen,
watching eyes, which is probably the case.

In recent years sightings of adults with cubs have been made which adds to the
speculation surrounding these superb creatures. I have actually sat at a wood
edge to suddenly feel watching eyes boring me, have turned and there has been a
black big cat just standing observing, as if it has sensed my presence and come
to see what I'm up to. There has never been an obvious threat, yet the feeling
is always one of awe at their owner. At those moments, if it does not leave
then I do - quite quickly.

Once two of us watched a black leopard coming towards us along a disused green
lane, from a vantage point looking down along its length. The lane was bordered
with trees and bushes with steepish fields on either side and leading to a
waterway below.

Suddenly this cat came to a gorse patch but instead of appearing out the other
side it, too, vanished. I say 'vanished' because though it might simply have
lain down to rest up amongst the gorse, when we went down to look, it had gone,
yet I feel sure that at no time as we walked down to the lane did I lose sight
of the spot.

lists.topica.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nice video. 0:22 "Where are the kids?" "They're out back" "TOMMY are you kidding me?" Instant reaction from the mountain lion to the raised human voice.

There were lots of big cats released here after the 1976 Dangerous Wild Animals Act. www.legislation.gov.uk... For a while it was illegal to keep a big cat without expensive precautions, yet it was not illegal to turn them loose. Some entrepreneurs made money by offering to find homes for loved pets. They took the money and the cats then turned them loose. Some have admitted to this as they were not actually committing an offence at the time. The zoos were full and finding legitimate homes was almost impossible. Except for black leopards, rarer and still worth a price. Yet the majority of sightings are black leopard type cats. Also many sightings predate this time.

There was a scrap metal dealer in Wales who turned his two black leopards loose. He was a character. His scrapyard overflowed onto public land but he didn't care. The tax office sent the two toughest tax collectors in the country to try and persuade him to pay his taxes. They both left in ambulances, he did three years in prison, then carried on his business without paying tax.

edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just to be clear, The chance of it being a malanistic big cat is slim to none.

Sauce

Populations of many of the world’s wild cats are plummeting, with the number of tigers falling to roughly 3,200. In an interview with Yale Environment 360, Alan Rabinowitz, a leading wild cat biologist, lays out a vision of how populations of these magnificent creatures can be brought back from the brink.

A malanistic Big Cat is the opposite of an Albino. There is no Species of Big Cat that is strictly Black and it's impossible to breed the Gene because it is a mutation that skips generations.

If you ever played pokemon. A Black Big cat is basically the Shiny form of any Big Cat.

Are you saying you saw a Shiny Persion out in the wild?

Sauce

A black panther is typically a melanistic colour variant of any Panthera species. Black panthers in Asia and Africa are leopards (Panthera pardus). Black panthers in the Americas are black jaguars (Panthera onca).[1]

Melanism in the jaguar (Panthera onca) is conferred by a dominant allele, and in the leopard (Panthera pardus) by a recessive allele. Close examination of the color of these black cats will show that the typical markings are still present, but are hidden by the excess black pigment melanin, giving an effect similar to that of printed silk. This is called "ghost striping". Melanistic and non-melanistic animals can be littermates. It is thought that melanism may confer a selective advantage under certain conditions since it is more common in regions of dense forest, where light levels are lower. Recently, preliminary studies also suggest that melanism might be linked to beneficial mutations in the immune system.[2]

Cougar

There are no authenticated cases of truly melanistic cougars (pumas). Melanistic cougars have never been photographed or shot in the wild and none has ever been bred. Unconfirmed sightings, known as the "North American black panther", are currently attributed to errors in species identification by non-experts, and by the memetic exaggeration of size. Black panthers in the American Southeast feature prominently in Choctaw folklore where, along with the owl, they are often thought to symbolize Death.

There is a high improbability that what you saw is what you think you saw.

Given the supernatural nature of such *Elusive* creatures such as the Alien big Cat. It is likely you saw an Alien Shapeshifted into Cat form Lurking around Town. But i'm just saying that from personal experience.

You can look through my posts to find my Alien experience that had a large black cat and a larg black dog involved.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I saw a black panther in the States almost a decade ago. No one believed me at first... then a couple of other sightings were reported to the local news a few weeks after. It was kind of gratifying watching the doubters having to eat their words.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Was probably something else, Some other animal that looked like a large black big cat. Because the likelyhood of it is very small. Seeing a big cat is one thing, When there is only a handfull of a couple thousand of them roaming on any one continent.

But seeing a black one?

There's only a handful of True malanistic Big Cats in captivity. A small handfull.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Sorry, but my sighting was too close up to be mistaken identity. One of the others was as well. Whatever the odds, I saw what I saw.. doubt if you like... it makes no nevermind to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Cougar Population in North America.

Cougar Population

Some estimates put the cougar population total at around 30,000, as of 2014. Because cougars are elusive animals that tend to avoid human contact, it is difficult to say how many are left in the wild.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Two things that point to an 'official' cover-up.

This publication, www.countrymansweekly.com... asked for sightings to be reported. They were inundated. Over a short period the print edition became almost dedicated to big cats in Britain. Then one week suddenly silence. D notice presumably. www.thefreedictionary.com... Instead they cleverly ran stories on leopard hunting abroad with the excuse that British gamekeepers may be interested in leopard hunting holidays. Then they ran technical articles on large calibre shotgun loads, one article ending with the comment, 'Some British gamekeepers have a couple of SG at the end of their cartridge belt. Just in case they come across something unusual.'

He fired again, and there was a fresh thump as the shot went home. The leopard gasped. Flory threw open his gun and felt in his pocket for a cartridge, then flung all his cartridges on to the path and fell on his knees, searching rapidly among them.

'Damn and blast it!' he cried. 'There isn't a single SG among them. Where in hell did I put them?'

URL: able2know.org...

SG is 00 www.sellier-bellot.cz...

The second red flag I'm aware of is the way all British Big Cat investigation groups are infiltrated and turned into wacky fringe organisations with loopy looking websites. No insult meant. There used to be a collection of hundreds of newspaper articles available online going back many, many years. That can't be found now, unless someone can point me to it. It took me several sessions to read through it all. Very interesting reading.

edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: addition and upper case

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

And that's where the book learning is wrong, again.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Shapeshifted

Now you'm talking, bonny lad.

Sorry, that's really obtuse of me. I mean yes. I can't think of a more likely explanation for much of what goes on here. Skunk Works here I come.
edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: clarify

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Im Telling the big cat phenomenon is linked with Aliens. I have personally seen the aliens that shapeshift into them lol.
I know they are real and the supernatural nature they pose is entirely accurate. From an Energy being standpoint. These E.T don't really care about showing up in areas where people can see them. Cuz people won't believe they are aliens. They use the Big Cat as their disguise.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

This was my tenth sighting. Why so many? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well Kester I saw a large black once. Well that's nice isn't it?? If you want verifications or legible comments that could back up your sighting it would be helpful to give a vague indication of what part of The British Isles (like what town are you talking about) your refering to else otherwise it's just a statement"I saw a black cat".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I read once panthers are the guardians of the universe. Whenever I look for that reference I find nothing. Gaaaah.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's a FOI request i made a wee while back and the reply...what i find strange is that they picked up what the officer said on was "a big cat" on the infra red camera yet no footage was recorded...Also they state that the report i was asking about was a newspaper report, Just to clarify, I never read any news paper report, it was a show Radio Scotland did on Big Cat sightings and a guest officer was re-telling the story. He never said it was something "resembling a big cat" he said it "was a big cat" and that a female officer on foot was told to stay where she was until the cat had moved on.

Anyway...Here.

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002
SUBJECT: Big Cat, Police Helicopter Footage

I refer to your email dated 11th August 2013, regarding the above which has been handled in
accordance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA).

For ease of reference, your request is replicated below together with the response.

Question(s)

I have heard reports from various sources regarding a Sighting of a Large Cat spotted by a
Police helicopter in the Arthur's seat Area of the Capital.

Reports say the Cat was captured on the Helicopter infrared camera whilst searching for a
Missing Woman.

This Incident was reported in the Media and discussed on Radio by one of your Officers, I
don’t have a name for the officer who was talking about the sighting on BBC Radio Scotland.
I don’t have a date of the Incident either, but my guess would be 4-5 years ago.

Could you confirm that the sighting was reported by the officers involved and is the Video of
the incident available to view by the public?

Response

I have made enquiries into the incident, which you mention in your e-mail. I have been in
communication with a Sergeant from the former Strathclyde Police (now part of Police
Scotland) who has advised me that helicopter officers made a sighting of something
resembling a “large cat” while searching the Arthur’s Seat area of Edinburgh for a female in
2006. He instructed the officer utilising the Infra-Red Imaging Device and a large heat-
signature was seen. The incident was not reported and police made no further enquiries.

It was this Sergeant who spoke to a national newspaper (The Sun) regarding the possible
sighting, after being asked to do so by his Chief Constable’s office. The press articles should
be readily available online or from library archives.

I can confirm that no video recordings were made at the time of this sighting.

Maybe someone can dig up the original Sun Newspaper article.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Every time there is a well publicised sighting dodgy folk turn up to shoot it. Far more guns around than commonly accepted. And bored folk who need a big thrill to match what they've done elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join