It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are You, Really?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Trachel

What defines you as a person?

Who are you, really?

This and what you said you do and are just made me think of this

I lol'ed... haven't seen that movie in awhile and almost forgot about that one.

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thank you... words like that mean so much too me after basically getting rejected my entire life..

i know people don't like their sexuality, or their jobs to define them.. but that is so entwined with my life that it defines the whole... if that makes sense

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm a lawyer - how do you feel about your work

a novelist- tell us your favourite main story line

an adventure - next place u wanting to visit

and explorer - what is your favourite find so far

I've raced cars through the mountains - ever had an accident ?

bungeed from several hundred feet - did it hurt ?

slept in the jungle for weeks - the best thing you tasted in those weeks

authored multiple books - do you ever question the content of ur books

and climbed to over 16,000' - alone and without rope ?

But almost no one except my close friends in real life knows any of that - how do you feel about ur friend right now

Everyone has about them a hidden side - tell us something you did that very few or no one knows about

and has accomplished things that rarely come up in ordinary conversation - describe a preferred atmosphere for having a conversation and what was the best one you ever had (or one of the.. )

And it's these things--these unspoken elements to the psyche--that truly give an individual unique character

give us an example of a weird thing you do and a moment in your life that was a cause of a change and a new pathway

share with us a thing that makes you crinkle about humans

on an emotional scale where were you at not taking into account reading this

your favourite souvenir from Peru

how did u choose your username

and what made you register
edit on 25-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I am not sure why but this thread just rubbed me wrong.

Maybe because I have had to deal with many Millennials recently and the fact that most of them can't wait to tell you how great they are. Although in the same breath most tell you how under appreciated they are.

This is what you get when you have awards for EVERYONE and EVERYONE is 'special'.

So OP, your a Lawyer, an author published multiple times, an extreme sports enthusiast, a race car driver, Mountain climber and someone who has spent a LOT of time off the grid in various extreme environments.

Excuse me while I put on appropriate clothing.

To me accomplishments that mean something do not glorify 'self'. And internet self aggrandizing is a symptom of illness.

ETA: And from another thread you feel you are worthy to give people advice on "anything"

Need help with a problem in your life? Are you experiencing some kind of ethical dilemma?

We can help! Post below with your issue and we'll provide you with our patent-pending invaluable advice! Whether the concern is personal, work-related, moralistic, or whatever, we'll take our best stab at providing a thoughtful reply.

Consider this a more contemporary (and hopefully useful!) version of Dear Abby.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This word comes to mind,
Wiki

edit on 6 25 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

was ment to send this ages ago

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's a shame it rubbed you the wrong way. But idk how to get others talking about themselves without first mentioning something about myself.

If you find my achievements... (I dunno, I don't really have any conception what a pair of chaps means to you...), I'm sorry. I'm just telling you what happened.

Food for thought: instead of tearing me down, you could've shared something about yourself

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

crap u scared me when I scrolled down ! lol than i laughed it took me forever to process what the heck i am seeing

than this

matter and 1 unicorn farts.

what the hell just happened

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

I'm a lawyer - how do you feel about your work

-Horrible, that's why I quit practice and now devote my time strictly towards writing

a novelist- tell us your favourite main story line

-Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan...the first six books are extraordinary

an adventure - next place u wanting to visit

-Australia...the aussies I've met on the have all been amazingly fun

and explorer - what is your favourite find so far

-Don't have a favorite, but I can tell you my least favorite. Everyone says Macchu Pichu is a spiritual place, but when I arrived there all I could think of was how sad it felt. Some horrid tragedy happened there, and I couldn't enjoy that place despite how beautiful it is

I've raced cars through the mountains - ever had an accident ?

-In racing they say an accident is the composition of several mistakes happening in sequence... I tend keep my mistakes to one at a time

bungeed from several hundred feet - did it hurt ?

-The rebound hurt my junk and the descent back to the ground left me red-faced, but overall I'd do it again

slept in the jungle for weeks - the best thing you tasted in those weeks

-Unfortunately that would be potatoes cooked over red hot coals... pretty bland, but that's how they roll in peru

authored multiple books - do you ever question the content of ur books

-I can't go back and read anything I've written... it always drives me nuts like seeing myself on video

and climbed to over 16,000' - alone and without rope ?

-Had friends there and safety gear was unnecessary--the height of my climbing was at the switchbacks at Salkantay Pass

But almost no one except my close friends in real life knows any of that - how do you feel about ur friend right now

-He's awesome like everyone, including you

Everyone has about them a hidden side - tell us something you did that very few or no one knows about

-I've got far more than the usual one mother in my life

and has accomplished things that rarely come up in ordinary conversation - describe a preferred atmosphere for having a conversation and what was the best one you ever had (or one of the.. )

-Over coffee in some exotic locale... best coffee might've been at the Linder hotel where they've got an amazing breakfast buffet

And it's these things--these unspoken elements to the psyche--that truly give an individual unique character

give us an example of a weird thing you do and a moment in your life that was a cause of a change and a new pathway

-I always pray before staring to write, so hopefully God takes an interest in helping my work

share with us a thing that makes you crinkle about humans

-When people don't realize their real potential

on an emotional scale where were you at not taking into account reading this

-Exhausted from hard work yesterday

your favourite souvenir from Peru

-Souvenirs take up too much space, I try harder to collect memories

how did u choose your username

-T is me, Rachel is my wife

and what made you register

-to hopefully write some threads that would make people think or smile

Hope I got them all!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That's a shame it rubbed you the wrong way.

I have to say i thought you were selling something i don't really know what was in that link and wanted to be hostile

then
i read I think that you linked a chinese takeaway place to seek help in. the responses were too funny to get weird

ok lol something about me feedback to others i never have one

i said this so u two are cool i am at the table too and feel uncomfortable right now

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm nothing, I'm not important, and i'll be gone in the blink of an eye, this is me!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

enjoyed reading it

ok yes the way you write is different

writing

can you learn to be a good writer or is it a talent

ah now i want to know how you and your wife met

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

enjoyed reading it

ok yes the way you write is different

writing

can you learn to be a good writer or is it a talent

-All hard work and practice--I write 4,000 words a day on weekdays, off saturdays, and 2,000 on sundays. I've been doing that in some capacity for five years, and I've been writing on and off since I was nine.

ah now i want to know how you and your wife met

-Somewhere in the clouds, cause she came straight from heaven

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I'm nothing, I'm not important, and i'll be gone in the blink of an eye, this is me!

yah thanks for calling the tune orgsm nothing

i have the card sick chick on my car display an when home on my tv

that song vibrates through everything around me

lol

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

When the rush comes .... it really comes with that track aye!

Travelling somewhere ...
edit on vpmThursday56pm630 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I am a singer, poet and actor. I have earned my living as a singer. had poems published and acted in the live theater; I am not famous...but I have enjoyed what I have done on a local level.

I deeply care about humanity; I love animals, nature and one of my current passions now is studying about nutrition.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

ah and I thought you were a Lady send here on ats to do telemarketing

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Congrats!

I've always thought people who perform were sent here with a divine calling to entertain.

Dunno if you read it, but for nutrition articles I've found www.t-nation.com has tons of free salient info.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Haha, negative. The link in my signature goes to a blog of my experiences in Peru.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

ah don't go there . it is 3.06 am. I am semi drunk had a few glasses of red but haven't slep in 3 days I feel unpleasantly delusional

my laptop is semi opened and on touch of a button

i am sitting in silence and darkness. right now I feel I would break if I hear it

then I am driving playing my list and wonder if u into dirty electro trance

what a world

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I am what I am. No, wait, that's Popeye. I'm a joker, I'm a toker, I'm a midnight smoker. Nope, Steve Miller. I know, some people call me the space cowboy. Some call me the gangster of love. Shoot! That's Steve Miller, too. Same song, in fact. I am the walrus! Coo Coo Catchoo! Oh, damn! That's the Beatles. I guess you'll have to keep on guessing lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join