It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court rules in favor of Obamacare in King v. Burwell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

But we're NOT taking care of one another and neither are the "civilized" nations.

Government is taking care of the people.

If we were to take care of one another, there would be no need of government.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There's nothing wrong with a society that provides health care for all.

There's something wrong with a government that causes one section of that society that is already overtaxed as it is to shoulder the burden so that an incredibly small section of society can access health care. And then turns around and penalizes anybody that doesn't buy into the idea.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We already know our society is F UP
But if the GOP weren’t in the hands of crazy elitist Koch type Oligarchs and dogma that has no basis in reality, we could evolve a workable health care system for all.

The democrats are only slightly better but not much, but enough to at least to create a system for all.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kruphix

So when Obama screws over millions, it's a talking point.

When conservatives opt to get rid of Obamacare, it's a tragedy.

By screw over millions...you mean letting 20 Million people see a doctor who couldn't before?

Strange idea of what screwing over Americans is.

Wouldn`t it have been cheaper to buy deluxe plans for those(sic) 20 million and leave the rest of us out of it?

1 billion for a website?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As Jonathan Gruber so eloquently stated:

"And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass."

That means the ignorance of fools who actually support it.
edit on 6-26-15 by T3mp0ra1Pri50n3r because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so, everyone of you are pissed that low paid people get affordable coverage?....yeah, the horror!

Nope.

I'm just pissed that I am forced to pay for it.

Serious question: Who else would? Do you want a society where 40% of our labor force, the ones out on the floor running all the transactions, keeping things clean, and shelves stocked aren't able to afford food, housing, and the ability to avoid an early death due to illness? They aren't paid enough to cover health care so I ask again... who should pay for it? We've ruled out increasing the minimum wage to the levels required, and we've ruled out doing so with tax subsidies. So what's the other solution? We can't simply say they should choose better jobs because we as a society have decided we want these jobs to exist, that means we want people working them.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I think you read my post incorrectly. Go back and re-read it SLOWLY. I *DO* put my businesses and family at risk by speaking out and going against the political direction. However, it would be downright STUPID for me (or anyone) to not ensure their own security in the battle. Only a fool walks headlong into the enemy totally exposed which is, I surmise, why you don't lead anything or anyone anywhere.

So you think there's nothing wrong with the bilking of the middle class and loss of freedoms. Well, I suppose that shows us where you stand.

In order to be a revolutionary you need to be willing to give up everything. Your job, your friends, your family, your assets, your future, and quite likely your life and the lives of everyone you care about, and then lead by example. All you're doing is sitting back nice and comfortable hoping others will strap on the suicide vests for you. You're about on par with the ISIS planners who put bombs on people and send them off for one shot of glory, all while sitting comfortably in a bunker.

If you still believe in ensuring your own security you're definitely not in the requisite position to revolt, or to lead.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
They didn't follow the rule of law...they changed the wording in order to ignore it. The supreme court is now invalid law breaking political minion. Talk about American going into the crapper. Even our highest court is corrupt.

Sad day.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
One thing I notice more about liberals than everyone else is how they will say "Obamacare now covers this many people that didn't have insurance". They know the truth...but hide it. Simple things like "how many people lost their healthcare?", "how many have such a high deductible that it doesn't matter?", etc. The same as unemployment..."its dropped to 5%". (numbers I'm sure are wrong in my examples). But what about "how many have left the system and aren't counted?" and "how many employed have had their pay/jobs cut in half?".

What is happening is the government knowingly lies and so do all the liberal citizens. They lie to themselves and to everyone else...for what? So they appear to be right? Don't they realize we are going to crash and burn from these lies? Or is that simply the plan?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

ya know, I wish we would really drop the liberal/conservative labels...
I am liberal in a great many issues, but when it comes to obama care, I don't like it. I see it as there is two parts in solving such economic problems.. one is decreasing the cost of living (not only decreasing "the poor's" cost by providing subsidies and benefits, but actually decreasing the costs...for all, the individuals, the business sector, as well as the gov't. the other is increasing the earning power of the american workers- all of them!

obamacare failed us on this, it seems like everything they do fails! the liberals are great at ensuring that "the poor" is able to survive through the gov't benefits, the conservatives are great at ensuring the business sector thrives and all that leaves us with is a country where the gov't will continually expand the aide programs while allowing the business sector to drive down the wages and hike up the cost of living!
the lies are told on both sides.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I can't wait for the next case where the argument is established on the premise of "following the letter of law."

Good job SCOTUS, you just f'd that one up...forever. Nice precedent you just set.

Now, LAW is based on political belief and ideology (they use 'intent" to cover themselves), not the written letter of the law.

But officer, I know the law says "X", but really the folks who wrote that really INTENDED for this to happen, so that's what I did. F them! I, you and every other 99% would go to jail. But, if you're part of the corporate oligarchy, then you get to change the precedent.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When the last break wall of checks and balances joins in the tidal wave of imagery and pictures in your head serving as more valid than physical evidence and facts supported by documents and witnesses, the government is finished.

All 3 branches of the federal government have finally reached an irreversible decree of corruption. There are now 3 sides to the same coin.

Joint Chiefs? It is time.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We are at a point in our nation that what used to be the minority destitute is now the majority with too much time in their hands, so the government is going to cater to keep that destitute majority thinking that they are been taken care off while the now oppress minority the working class is too busy working paying taxes and been forced into commerce to support the destitute to complain and the government knows this and is taking advantage off that fact.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Instead of worrying about how people can pay for the high cost of medical care, why isn't anyone looking at lowering the costs so everyone could afford it without government interfering!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oh, beezzer my dear beezzer, that will not be considered "capitalism"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Instead of worrying about how people can pay for the high cost of medical care, why isn't anyone looking at lowering the costs so everyone could afford it without government interfering!

Because there is a very wide income disparity in the country, and quite frankly people at a low income are living in a completely different world. Individual medications can cost more than a persons annual earnings. Costs simply can't be lowered that far.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
Another big win for the Insurance Industry, glad we could keep lining their pockets.

And liberals everywhere are still cheering for Obamacare while they simultaneously complain that they're getting screwed by the rich. Figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
a reply to: beezzer

As long as it isn't the Confederate Flag, that would be inappropriate.

Yeah. It's really bizarre to see these kinds of contrasts going on at the same time.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
When the last break wall of checks and balances joins in the tidal wave of imagery and pictures in your head serving as more valid than physical evidence and facts supported by documents and witnesses, the government is finished.

All 3 branches of the federal government have finally reached an irreversible decree of corruption. There are now 3 sides to the same coin.

Joint Chiefs? It is time.

Couldn't agree more! There is nothing else to wait for...the time has come and the snakes have shown their colors.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya know, I wish we would really drop the liberal/conservative labels...
I am liberal in a great many issues, but when it comes to obama care, I don't like it. I see it as there is two parts in solving such economic problems.. one is decreasing the cost of living (not only decreasing "the poor's" cost by providing subsidies and benefits, but actually decreasing the costs...for all, the individuals, the business sector, as well as the gov't. the other is increasing the earning power of the american workers- all of them!

obamacare failed us on this, it seems like everything they do fails! the liberals are great at ensuring that "the poor" is able to survive through the gov't benefits, the conservatives are great at ensuring the business sector thrives and all that leaves us with is a country where the gov't will continually expand the aide programs while allowing the business sector to drive down the wages and hike up the cost of living!
the lies are told on both sides.

You are correct on the "both sides" thing, but it still seems to be a liberal mindset thus...I call it like I see it. Maybe progressive would be better?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join