It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court rules in favor of Obamacare in King v. Burwell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The Supreme Court upheld Obamacare's insurance subsidies as legal in a 6-3 ruling.

The decision means that the Affordable Care Act stands unchanged and that the government can continue subsidizing coverage for millions of Americans.

www.vox.com...

Link to the opinion in Burwell:

www.supremecourt.gov...

I think there is a silver lining to this for the GOP. If the GOP wins the next presidential election, a Republican presidential administration could decide to enforce the law as its written and cancel the subsidies in states without state exchanges. And because of this decision by the Supreme Court, no one could do anything about it without passing new legislation.

If the subsidies in those states end so does the employer mandate and the individual mandate for many as I wrote about in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-6-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yah, better assuage the masses with free minimal care…

They might look the other way when the next trillion dollar defense bill sails through.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Another big win for the Insurance Industry, glad we could keep lining their pockets.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

There was no doubt in my mind that this would happen. Same with the passage of the TPP.

Us middle class serfs are in for one hell of a ride. Buckle up peeps!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I like this[

From the majority opinion: "Congress passed the Affordable Care Act to improve health insurance markets, not to destroy them."

Taken from ScotusBlog
www.scotusblog.com...

yep and the supreme court has been just about forced to work it's tail off ever since to legitimize the piece of crap legislation ever since!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just everyone shut up and obey.

Freedom Act, TPP, upholding Obamacare. . .

Nothing more than prison-rape wrapped up in a flag!

"shhhhhhhhh. . . . .

It'll go so much easier if you don't fight it. . . ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . "

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

As long as it isn't the Confederate Flag, that would be inappropriate.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So we should hear no more talk that the ACA is unconstitutional. It is not unconstitutional, so rules the court.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They had to rule this way.

That being said, it sets a dangerous precidence going forward. They don't need to bother with the actual words of a law, just what they feel was the laws true intent. The subsidy verbiage was not at all ambiguous. Pretty clear.

I recognize my own country less and less with every passing day.

God help us all through the rough, over-reaching times ahead.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Did people really think it was going away, the politicians are lining up there pockets from the insurance companies. Left or right this is a big win for big money.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

HA!
I win agin I'M WAY below middle class...wait

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

They had to rule this way.

That being said, it sets a dangerous precidence going forward. They don't need to bother with the actual words of a law, just what they feel was the laws true intent. The subsidy verbiage was not at all ambiguous. Pretty clear.

I recognize my own country less and less with every passing day.

God help us all through the rough, over-reaching times ahead.

And just think. This administration has 16 months to go , to finish wrecking the Constitution , the Health industry , the country and its people. They have really started ramping it up for the end....

Forgot one , the Judicial system . Next in importance to the Constitution .
edit on 25-6-2015 by Gothmog because: added statement

edit on 25-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
so, everyone of you are pissed that low paid people get affordable coverage?....yeah, the horror!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so, everyone of you are pissed that low paid people get affordable coverage?....yeah, the horror!

Nope.

I'm just pissed that I am forced to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Im leaving this damn country. As soon as my contract is up with my branch of service, I'm out. this is Nazi Germany 2.0 and I WILL NOT be part of this genocide and suffering.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've said it before...I'll say it AGAIN. The only way to stop the downward slide into full Communism is to REVOLT. How many of you are out there picketing, protesting, and gathering support from the rest of the dwindling middle class to fight this raping of your pocketbook and freedoms???

Anyone???

Okay then, if no one wants to put themselves on the line...then sit back and wait for your number in the bread line.

Obamacare is just the start.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The Supreme Court upheld Obamacare's insurance subsidies as legal in a 6-3 ruling.

The decision means that the Affordable Care Act stands unchanged and that the government can continue subsidizing coverage for millions of Americans.

www.vox.com...

Link to the opinion in Burwell:

www.supremecourt.gov...

I think there is a silver lining to this for the GOP. If the GOP wins the next presidential election, a Republican presidential administration could decide to enforce the law as its written and cancel the subsidies in states without state exchanges. And because of this decision by the Supreme Court, no one could do anything about it without passing new legislation.

If the subsidies in those states end so does the employer mandate and the individual mandate for many as I wrote about in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, let's take away subsidies that help people pay for their health insurance, then take it away alltogether. Lol what???

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The bigger win is that - laws as written now mean nothing.

As witnessed today it is "intent" and the word of law can mean whatever those in power want it to mean at the time.

Precedent continues to be set, time and again. It will come back to bite us all in the ass.

No one should look at this and say "I didn't realize".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

No , that my taxes and my payment to the insurance companies is what is SUBSIDIZING them. Yea , I am pi____ off

edit on 25-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

affordable coverage does not translate into affordable care, which I believe in some ways have increased for the consumer since this law came into effect.
my son tried to get it through the fed site and well, if you add the cost of the monthly payment for the year they wanted along with the deductable, well that would have just about ate up his yearly income....
which well makes me wonder, just why the heck should he be expected to carry it??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join