It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Bizarre Human Behaviors That Have Little Explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

From laughing to blushing to hiccuping, scientists have long tried to explain the origins of these behaviors. And while there are scientific studies that have provided us with some explanation, there is still a lot about them that we don’t know. Watch as Hybrid Librarian delves into ten bizarre human behaviors that show us what strange creatures we truly are.

Very interesting video ! if you have 8 min of your life to give to watching the video it will seriously make you think.

Well at least for me it did anyway

Enjoy

Kap.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

It really did make me think - I have heard "wives' tales" about some of the reasons for yawning, hiccups etc. but hearing the scientific theories and some of the other facts behind them discredited a lot of those wives' tales - thanks for sharing, great watch

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It really did make me think - I have heard "wives' tales" about some of the reasons for yawning, hiccups etc. but hearing the scientific theories and some of the other facts behind them discredited a lot of those wives' tales - thanks for sharing, great watch

Puzzled, my dogs yawn, how is it a particularly human behaviour?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
nearly evey animal yawns

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yknow really
Yawn, here its not not just about posting youtube links its about you explaining your take on them
I dont want to go and watch youtube, otherwise I would
How about giving us something that would make us interested in visiting this link

No I am not interested in a link

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
Yawn...
Thanks for
Yawn...
Showing up and
Yawn...
Letting us know how you
Yawn...
Feel.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Settle down there big fella. I know it gets lonely over there in that deserted desert of western Australia, but it's no reason to get cranky, lol.

It was actually a very interesting link. Thanks for posting OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

but the video also explained that the "contagious" effect of yawning has only been observed in humans, chimps and dogs (still not just "human", but a narrower population nonetheless)

I also found it funny that the title of the video itself is "Bizarre Human Behaviors that Can't Be Explained", even though the first several behaviors were explained almost in their entirety. You could pick apart videos like this very easily but at the end of the day it is a good video with some interesting facts and decent editing. Gotta give the creator credit

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yknow really
Yawn, here its not not just about posting youtube links its about you explaining your take on them
I dont want to go and watch youtube, otherwise I would
How about giving us something that would make us interested in visiting this link

My take on is was that it made me think . Respectfully if you're not up for that ...i fully understand.

You don't really have to "go visit the link" , just press play , I did embed the video after all .

See ! Fella ! I did the hard work for you . now you can rest your finger and not have to worry about leaving ATS to watch a video that makes you think.

If you really desire some commtary feel free to check out my other threads .

Maybe next time Ill add a few more lines just for you fella .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
All you guys typing the word yawn made me yawn several times lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Now I need a nap, thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Settle down there big fella. I know it gets lonely over there in that deserted desert of western Australia, but it's no reason to get cranky, lol.

It was actually a very interesting link. Thanks for posting OP.

Yeah its been lonely over here lately, the boys up north have gone fishing, mikes working on his car and Jims got a cold. Just leaves me here alone in the West for a little while
Guess I will go kick a few rocks and see if I can find some iron ore or gold or sumthing

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

My take on is was that it made me think . Respectfully if you're not up for that ...i fully understand.

You don't really have to "go visit the link" , just press play , I did embed the video after all .

See ! Fella ! I did the hard work for you . now you can rest your finger and not have to worry about leaving ATS to watch a video that makes you think.

Ok why did it make you think, why do you think I would enjoy it.

What did it make you think

The hard work is not copying and pasting the youtube video, the hard work is creating a thread and then inviting discussion.

Next time I would appreciate a few more lines, not just for me though, for everyone. Your comments in this thread is the issue I have, probably not your other threads

It may be an interesting video, just like every other video that is attached to so many other threads that individuals think are worthy of everyones interest

Anyway no disrespect, just a little off put by the threads that say watch this video with no explanation.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Ok why did it make you think, why do you think I would enjoy it.

What did it make you think

The hard work is not copying and pasting the youtube video, the hard work is creating a thread and then inviting discussion.

Next time I would appreciate a few more lines, not just for me though, for everyone. Your comments in this thread is the issue I have, probably not your other threads

It may be an interesting video, just like every other video that is attached to so many other threads that individuals think are worthy of everyones interest

Anyway no disrespect, just a little off put by the threads that say watch this video with no explanation.

Rodger that Fella, I'll try and hit your expectations every time !
. Just for you though ! , Nobody else ! , Since you are the only one who seems to have an issue ....

Now that we are over that part , Back on Topic here , Got anything to Add about the video ?

How about that part about Yawing ? strange eh ? eh? eh?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation
All you guys typing the word yawn made me yawn several times lol.

Ditto. The video failed to bring up the mystery of morning wood.

new topics

top topics

join