It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Experience Logbook MEL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone !!

I've always wondered how many different Meditation Experiences / Practices are out there ! So I'm starting a simple logbook here on ATS !

OK suggested format :
1. Why do you meditate?
2. How long have you been meditating- mos /yrs ?
3. what format do you use ex. Chanting, Breath etc.
4. Benefits & Experiences
5. Recommendations ex. Literature, Places, Mantras, Gurus, etc.

Any suggestions are Welcome! Ill go first.

1. It truly makes my mind sharper & im more attentive and caring at work and at home.
2. On & off for the past 7 years but not everyday maybe 2-4 x a week, initially more but been slacking!
3. Well i started by trying to count my breaths consecutively up to 1000 it took many months to be able to count up to that without getting distracted .
4. My whole life has changed people, situations, even where i live. ive developed an intuition Capacity that is uncanny to say the least. As far as experiences ive visualized or maybe went there in spirit? being In the center of a small pond sitting on a flat stone and on the bank/shore was an old guy i identified him as teacher immediately. He was sitting there with his hand out palm up raised it and then lowering it palm down as i inhaled and exhaled. he would make me breath deeper and slower by the guidance of his hand ..... i knew it was training he was the master and i the novice. ive progressed since then but im still a novice! Once when Mentally chanting Om maa ni paa maa hum i must have been prononcing it wrong b/c i was corrected completely separately from my own voice or thoughts like someone inside my ear loud and clear too! freaked me out a bit!!
5. Bagavad Gita , Aanaapaanasuttam, Diamond sutra, The Master Key,The Three powers of the soul, Murdras by Hirshi, Anam Cara, Moutain of silence, 4 noble truths. Mantras - LamVamRamYamHamAmmOmm slowly visualizing /feeling each area and saying it as one word repeatedly not separately .

Well Thats Me. Your turn!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

1. I meditate for peace of mind and to be closer to god.

2. I can't remember how long. My dad taught me to meditate when I was kid so I could fall asleep easier. At the time I didn't know what it was but it worked so I did it.

3. I now only do gratitude meditations. I go to the beach and breath while listening to the ocean. After a few breaths I pick all of the positive things in my life and thank god for them out loud not only in my head.

4. I've had many experiences. The gratitude experiences leaves me filling the most fulfilled and has helped me live in a positive mindset (more so).

5. I create my own meditations from scratch.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Gratitude - full circle ! Thank you so much!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
1. What I do is pull energy thru my body causing relaxation in the body.
2. Been in energized body state for 4 years now. Started thru a Amagydala fear overload/spiritual disaster that broke part of the veil between this side and the other side in me. Had no interest in spirituality before the spiritual world contacted me to find a kind of symbiosis.
3. My body do Mudhra movements naturally sometimes by itself.
4. The bliss and relaxed body. But at times I feel dizzy by the energy flow on the top of my head. Low level bliss is nice. Sensitive to heat so heat can be uncomfortable for me so I am not always happy about the heat caused by the flame in the spine.
5. Just seek like a true scientist. Question all preconceived ideas and test every information to see if it is correct. What is a true part of everything is true no matter how many people believe it or not.

Even if I think Nanak, Yeshua, Buddha and Rumi know what they are talking about I still want the seeker to use it's own mind to see. Increasing awareness means learning to see beyond and calculate the hidden truth not just accept other peoples information. Always verify by taking measurements.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
1. Got bored one day, so I decided to do something that believed to be even more boring.

2. I think I more or less got, or attempted for various lengths of time like half way through high, although I got way more into it two years after high school. Mind twenties now, but was much into it a few years back

3. Format...Hmmm... Mainly Zen meditation with obvious breathing exercises, except I never really focus too hard on them except for the Breath of Fire, or Skull Shiner. From what I remember, I would have very good meditations by having my breath slow down when I got deeper into it, where I'd take in little air as psosible, possibly slowing down my heart rate, an maybe brain function as well.
Nvr really got into chanting or mantras, but I did get into the Chakra system which has its benefits and cons, with some qi qong

4. Calm revitalized mind, to intense mental anxiety .

5. Depends on ones preference or POV really. Mind over Matter. Ether the most wisest to the most stupidest words said. Places, it been a while since I've been to Church.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd recommend "The Book Of Secrets" by Osho. Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh or (Osho) Rajneesh. There is also the audio version of him giving the discourses.
I was recommended the book or audio version by someone who considers himself enlightened.

It is 112 techniques that describes nearly every way to meditate. He recommends you play with a technique for 3 days and if it clicks, give it three months.

I am pretty sure the book or audio version can be found online for free.

3. I am practicing a simple technique. Relaxing each body part one by one.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

i just bought the book of secrets!! im so looking forward to it thank you!!!

new topics

top topics

join