posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
Hi everyone !!
I've always wondered how many different Meditation Experiences / Practices are out there ! So I'm starting a simple logbook here on ATS !
OK suggested format :
1. Why do you meditate?
2. How long have you been meditating- mos /yrs ?
3. what format do you use ex. Chanting, Breath etc.
4. Benefits & Experiences
5. Recommendations ex. Literature, Places, Mantras, Gurus, etc.
Any suggestions are Welcome! Ill go first.
1. It truly makes my mind sharper & im more attentive and caring at work and at home.
2. On & off for the past 7 years but not everyday maybe 2-4 x a week, initially more but been slacking!
3. Well i started by trying to count my breaths consecutively up to 1000 it took many months to be able to count up to that without getting distracted
4. My whole life has changed people, situations, even where i live. ive developed an intuition Capacity that is uncanny to say the least. As far as
experiences ive visualized or maybe went there in spirit? being In the center of a small pond sitting on a flat stone and on the bank/shore was an
old guy i identified him as teacher immediately. He was sitting there with his hand out palm up raised it and then lowering it palm down as i inhaled
and exhaled. he would make me breath deeper and slower by the guidance of his hand ..... i knew it was training he was the master and i the novice.
ive progressed since then but im still a novice! Once when Mentally chanting Om maa ni paa maa hum i must have been prononcing it wrong b/c i was
corrected completely separately from my own voice or thoughts like someone inside my ear loud and clear too! freaked me out a bit!!
5. Bagavad Gita , Aanaapaanasuttam, Diamond sutra, The Master Key,The Three powers of the soul, Murdras by Hirshi, Anam Cara, Moutain of silence, 4
noble truths. Mantras - LamVamRamYamHamAmmOmm slowly visualizing /feeling each area and saying it as one word repeatedly not separately .
Well Thats Me. Your turn!!