It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters halt construction of Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) atop Mauna Kea, Hawaii

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
a reply to: Aleister

There are 12 telescopes right now and some aren't operational or being used anymore, they just let it sit there. Some are protesting because they feel that instead of digging into new land they should have built on to land that was already constructed on.

This Idea I support completely. There are areas on the mountain that have already been built upon that are no longer in use. Why not build there, as the damage has already been done, so to speak?

I've read and appreciate all responses and viewpoints presented in this thread; clearly there are some differences of opinion on the matter. However, there are unquestionably a significant number of people that live on this island that do not want this new construction to go forward. I understand and at times agree with their sentiments.

Why force it upon people that do not want it? All respect for science and advancement, but it is clearly causing a problem with the people who actually live here.

Build it elsewhere, or build it on a spot that is no longer being used. Just my opinion, but I don't see the need to force this upon people who do not want it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join