It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I Saw a Weeping Palestinian Man Holding a Plastic Bag of Meat: It Was His Son

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I don't care who you are, targeting civilians is murder, simple as. I do feel sorry for the Palestinians, they are being turfed out of their land by a country whose public figures actively promote "diversity of lands" in every other place other than Israel. However, being objective, I have no time for army, militia, government or organisation that purposely targets civilians and non military installations. Likewise I have no time for organisations that will use civilians as shields and conduct offences from inside civilian buildings.

This is why I have always argued that there is no such concept as a good side in war, all sides will commit evil acts as war is in itself, inherently evil.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

One's "stupid" actions, doesn't justify the others massive, disproportionate, blind attack to unprotected, sieged, starving, persecuted, punished, tortured people that endures suffering for decades.

It must stop.

Israel has committed and is committing one of the most vicious and ruthless repression of innocent people during it's illegal colonization of Palestine and the so called democratic western world has cheered them on!

Minister of justice, Ayelet Shaked, for Israel Government, (quotes from summer 2014).

What’s so horrifying about understanding that the entire Palestinian people is the enemy?

and justifies its destruction

including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.

source
e dit on 26/6/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VostokovAssad is just going to stand in front of isis bullets to ! yeah right. Funny how its rumored that isis fighters are recieving treatment in Isreali hospitals and all that brand new suffisticated equipment that they suddenly have just found as well.
This conflict shows that the response to hamas (which Isreal is rumored to have created) is greatly disproportionate to the damage that hamas creates in Isreal. Any civilain death whether Isreali or palatinian is one death to many and a significant blight on those fighting. I do not personally care for the soldiers or freedom fighters (terrorists) that die as it is of their choosing to go and fight. Isreal has every right to go after those that are firing rockets into their territory and i do not think that anyone can really disagree with this however they do not have the right to indiscrimately bomb an area just because they believe that rockets were fired from around that area. They do not have the right to kill and torture children or to take the land of others without due compensation. If isreal neutralised just those that were a voilent threat to it then this would not be an issue. Today it is unsufisticated rockets with metal fragments that kill or injure a few people but what if hamas were to obtain a nuclear weapon by theft or some other means and use it in the middle of Tel aviv. The suffering of isrealis would be almost immeasurable follwed by a equally incomprehesible retaliation by Isreal. Not a good out come for anybody and sadly a situation that i see both sides having no prolem doing as both are incredably arrogant and stubborn.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: voyger2

MOD NOTE:

Altering the text of quotes is not allowed and can lead to a Posting Ban.

Considering the Israeli's are there to grab land, do you honestly think they would just stop doing that, if the Palestinians stopped fighting entirely??

The Palestinian fighting is their swan song. They know they can't win and would rather go down fighting than roll over and surrender.

But I'm sure if your country was illegally attacked and occupied and women and children of your friends and family deliberately targeted and shredded to pieces, you would try to sit them down and have a nice little chat about peace.

The median age of a Palestinian is 19 years old. How threatened the Israelis must feel.

The thing about all this that really sickens me is that this genocide (because that is exactly what it is) was only made possible because the Jews had to go through the same. Well it's nice to know they at least learned something from the experience, even if it's efficient corpse disposal.

The fact of the matter is that at the turn of the last century, Jews had very few places to go. They had been kicked out of so many European countries in the past, that the ME was all they had left! It's a modern day meme that Jews and Arabs don't get along, before the occupation, the Arabs were the only people who would still live with them without showing them prejudice.

Do you like how they returned the favour?
edit on 26-6-2015 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/2015 by Blaine91555 because: TAC violation removed

edit on 6/27/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hate to play captain obvious but I can't stop thinking a very simple and obvious thought. Lets not even factor in the fact that Palestine had been on every map from every corner of the planet for four thousand years or so before the Nation of Isreal (and fyi I love Jews and Muslims the same, I see thru political Zionist "judaism" and I stand firm in my belief that there's no such thing as Islamic terrorism other than a Hollywood like production to finger an easy misunderstood and quite often very very rich people to play scapegoat in THIS chunk of history in the making).

What I can't wrap my head around though is even if the world sits back and stays out of it, how on earth can JEWS living POST WWII AND HOLOCAUST choose to target a group with violence based on the groups religion? And sleep at night? And keep their dinner down? If anything good can come from a tragedy like World War 2 it's that wisdom and a lesson was given to all, that never again should the religion of your neighbor be enough to drive people to violence. That lesson should resonate throughout the souls of those effected by it for ages, until WWII is lost to the dusty pages of ancient history. Judging by the Jews behavior by that, I mean a few years. A few Olympic games. The series life of the Simpsons. The young guy in the death camp becoming the avg aged adult guy. It makes no sense and it's incredible they could block out such recent events and enact the same evil. Why oh why is it that the Jews in Isreal taking action on the streets are the only ones on earth who DONT know the Jewish leaders they follow are just about as Jewish as a ham and shrimp sandwich on Friday with a glass of milk in Mecca.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
I hate to play captain obvious but I can't stop thinking a very simple and obvious thought. Lets not even factor in the fact that Palestine had been on every map from every corner of the planet for four thousand years or so before the Nation of Isreal (and fyi I love Jews and Muslims the same, I see thru political Zionist "judaism" and I stand firm in my belief that there's no such thing as Islamic terrorism other than a Hollywood like production to finger an easy misunderstood and quite often very very rich people to play scapegoat in THIS chunk of history in the making).

What I can't wrap my head around though is even if the world sits back and stays out of it, how on earth can JEWS living POST WWII AND HOLOCAUST choose to target a group with violence based on the groups religion? And sleep at night? And keep their dinner down? If anything good can come from a tragedy like World War 2 it's that wisdom and a lesson was given to all, that never again should the religion of your neighbor be enough to drive people to violence. That lesson should resonate throughout the souls of those effected by it for ages, until WWII is lost to the dusty pages of ancient history. Judging by the Jews behavior by that, I mean a few years. A few Olympic games. The series life of the Simpsons. The young guy in the death camp becoming the avg aged adult guy. It makes no sense and it's incredible they could block out such recent events and enact the same evil. Why oh why is it that the Jews in Isreal taking action on the streets are the only ones on earth who DONT know the Jewish leaders they follow are just about as Jewish as a ham and shrimp sandwich on Friday with a glass of milk in Mecca.

Palistinians didn't exist until Yasser Arafat created it. There is no Palestinian culture, language, nor cuisine. There has never been a land called "Palestine" ruled by "Palestinians." In 1968 Jordan expelled what we call the palistinians same reason Egypt closed their border. The Arab league doesn't want to deal with this group consider it a threat to the middle east. It all goes back to religion in the end. Isreal even tried to give the land to Egypt they declined of course.For Isreal this would have been a major win since a country couldn't attaxk them without retaliation and would put a stop to the attacks.

Now the flip side yes Isreal goes way to far in its attacks over the years we see the use of force escalates. This is wrong by any stretch of the imagination. And only makes matters worse but I don't think Israelis care anymore. Decades of conflict makes them forget cause and effect. They are only seeing it from a narrow one sided picture. And have lost touch of reality.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe Israel is better at war. How many of you want to be annihilated or ruled by Islam?

Thought so. But you want Israel and their people to lay down and die and stop fighting for freedom, especially since they're better at war than the Palestinians. Here's the Palestinian agenda:

THE COVENANT OF THE HAMAS - MAIN POINTS
=======================================

The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement was issued on August 18, 1988. The Islamic Resistance Movement, also known as the HAMAS, is an extremist fundamentalist Islamic organization operating in the territories under Israeli control. Its Covenant is a comprehensive manifesto comprised of 36 separate articles, all of which promote the basic HAMAS goal of destroying the State of Israel through Jihad (Islamic Holy War). The following are excerpts of the HAMAS Covenant:

Goals of the HAMAS:
------------------

'The Islamic Resistance Movement is a distinguished Palestinian movement, whose allegiance is to Allah, and whose way of life is Islam. It strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine.' (Article 6)

On the Destruction of Israel:
-----------------------------

'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

The Exclusive Moslem Nature of the Area:
----------------------------------------

'The land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf [Holy Possession] consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgment Day. No one can renounce it or any part, or abandon it or any part of it.'

(Article 11)

'Palestine is an Islamic land... Since this is the case, the Liberation of Palestine is an individual duty for every Moslem wherever he may be.' (Article 13)

The Call to Jihad:
------------------

'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.' (Article 15)

fas.org...

Four Israelis were killed and several injured as two men armed with a pistol and meat cleavers attacked a West Jerusalem synagogue.
www.bbc.com...

Israeli-Palestinian Fatalities Since 2000 - Key Trends* Introduction Since the beginning of the second intifada in September 2000 until the end of July 2007, at least 5,848 people have been killed either directly or as an indirect consequence of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 1/ This figure includes all persons regardless of their ethnic origin, nationality, gender, age, status as civilian or combatant and regardless of the circumstances or cause.
*snip*

1) Deaths from the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Of those killed in the conflict, 4,228 have been Palestinians, 1,024 Israelis, and 63 foreign citizens. For every person killed, approximately seven were also injured. 3/
- See more at: unispal.un.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: NavyDoc

That may be so but to use it around civilians, is not the smartest move.
Then again nuking and fire bombing civilians is way worse.

Very few countries can claim the moral high ground when it comes to their military activities in the last 100 years, maybe Switzerland and Costa Rica.

I was simply pointing out the factual inaccuracies in the article.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr(...)
Palistinians didn't exist until Yasser Arafat created it. There is no Palestinian culture, language, nor cuisine. There has never been a land called "Palestine" ruled by "Palestinians." In 1968 Jordan expelled what we call the palistinians same reason Egypt closed their border. The Arab league doesn't want to deal with this group consider it a threat to the middle east. It all goes back to religion in the end. Isreal even tried to give the land to Egypt they declined of course.For Isreal this would have been a major win since a country couldn't attaxk them without retaliation and would put a stop to the attacks.
(...)

What you say is true far s I can tell.

Here're some wiki links to read about this specific topic for anybody interested. (There's so much history in the region. Many changes in power. The area has seen so much violence. It's so sad):
en.wikipedia.org - Palestinians...
en.wikipedia.org - Palestine...
en.wikipedia.org - Arab League and the Arab–Israeli conflict...
en.wikipedia.org - Arab Peace Initiative...
www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast /2014/11/arab-league-push-un-palestinian-state-2014112915140279594.html
edit on 26-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I just read this letter by Brian Eno (artist, musical innovator, record producer for artists ranging from David Bowie to U2 and Coldplay) It was originally published in August 2014, He calls it "Brian Eno’s letter to America: WHY? I just don’t get it"

Today I saw a picture of a weeping Palestinian man holding a plastic carrier bag of meat. It was his son. He’d been shredded (the hospital’s word) by an Israeli missile attack – apparently using their fab new weapon, flechette bombs. You probably know what those are – hundreds of small steel darts packed around explosive which tear the flesh off humans. The boy was Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra. He was 4 years old.

I've been a fan of Brian's since way back in the Roxy Music Days, I found the letter to be well written and to the point about "Peace Process" between Israel and the Palestinians, with first hand experience.

As for the Peace Process: Israel wants the Process but not the Peace. While ‘the process’ is going on the settlers continue grabbing land and building their settlements… and then when the Palestinians finally erupt with their pathetic fireworks they get hammered and shredded with state-of-the-art missiles and depleted uranium shells because Israel ‘has a right to defend itself’ ( whereas Palestine clearly doesn’t). And the settler militias are always happy to lend a fist or rip up someone’s olive grove while the army looks the other way.

You can read the entire letter here It is short.

Well written and to the point?

If you don't know exactly what's going on there you'll have no idea who he's talking about when he says, "the "settlers" grab land" and "the "army" looks the other way."

Who are these "settlers" and how do they "grab" land?
edit on 26-6-2015 by chrisss because: punctuation.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrisss

originally posted by: ugmold
I just read this letter by Brian Eno (artist, musical innovator, record producer for artists ranging from David Bowie to U2 and Coldplay) It was originally published in August 2014, He calls it "Brian Eno’s letter to America: WHY? I just don’t get it"

Today I saw a picture of a weeping Palestinian man holding a plastic carrier bag of meat. It was his son. He’d been shredded (the hospital’s word) by an Israeli missile attack – apparently using their fab new weapon, flechette bombs. You probably know what those are – hundreds of small steel darts packed around explosive which tear the flesh off humans. The boy was Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra. He was 4 years old.

I've been a fan of Brian's since way back in the Roxy Music Days, I found the letter to be well written and to the point about "Peace Process" between Israel and the Palestinians, with first hand experience.

As for the Peace Process: Israel wants the Process but not the Peace. While ‘the process’ is going on the settlers continue grabbing land and building their settlements… and then when the Palestinians finally erupt with their pathetic fireworks they get hammered and shredded with state-of-the-art missiles and depleted uranium shells because Israel ‘has a right to defend itself’ ( whereas Palestine clearly doesn’t). And the settler militias are always happy to lend a fist or rip up someone’s olive grove while the army looks the other way.

You can read the entire letter here It is short.

Well written and to the point?

If you don't know exactly what's going on there you'll have no idea who he's talking about when he says, "the "settlers" grab land" and "the "army" looks the other way."

Who are these "settlers" and how do they "grab" land?

Really I read it and thought wow this is made up.I mean think about it who's going to put his son into a doggie bag to take home. I think this is what's referee to as poetic licence. I have serious doubts this person ever existed. If they did then I have to say what's wrong with these people to send his son home like that. Add to the fact the weopon doesn't have the effect descibed. It doesn't fillet people. In truth this has been in use since world war 1 and no one has descibed anything like this happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
People are starting to despise the Israeli BS now. I hope it doesn't take much longer until the world stops them from complete genocide of the Palestinians. I've lost all words to describe the Zionist Jews.....it's crazy they think they're in the right when the entire world has told them no. Who the hell are they to take away livelyhood and demolish homes for their perfect land? Pieces of crap if you ask me. The world saved the Jews from the nazis and now they start on the same nazi path of taking and changing what they see fit. Pathetic. We're all humans the only difference is evil and good.

Yeah...maybe the perspective when every nation around you wants you dead, has it written and preached daily and when they are the ones who ALWAYS breaks any peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: Thorneblood

of course it's a War:

a War of extermination of an entire People.

Unfortunately, in this "WAR", only one people haves all the "weapons"!

Yes it is a war... A war against freedom.
Bansky art

WOW! Damn...I didn't know that Hamas didn't have weapons. What happened to all the missiles that Iran gave them? So...how exactly do they shot non-existent missiles at Israel or is that all made up too? And the suicide bombings...just a bad case of the runs being over exaggerated?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: Greathouse

«In 1948, the state of Israel was established by methodically dispossessing and ethnically cleansing more than 750,000 native Palestinian people in order to create an exclusivist Jewish state.

To this day, Israel has denied Palestinian refugees, currently exceeding more than 7 million people, their internationally recognized right to return to their homes.

Israel continues unabated and with impunity with its colonial and apartheid designs to further dispossess, oppress, and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland and still on a daily basis, they expel native Palestinians from their homes in Jerusalem and the Negev.
»

One of those "villains" is the consequence of the perpetuating actions of oppression, siege, occupation and murder from the other "Villain". It's time to stop it and correct it.

I agree...lets stop it! The US goes over there and stops the fighting. Then gives both sides an ultimatum...the next one to strike gets nuked. Agreed? Lets do it. But I'm guessing you WON'T agree because it is only one side in this war that doesn't want peace and I would say, can't control themselves from attacking.

What do YOU think? Would you take that solution?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

good on you a clear thinker. very rare in these parts

but you will not get the masses to understand that both sides are at fault

its like trying to argue with children

pointless

[snipped]
edit on Mon Jun 29 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Armies kill people and break things. These are not new, the U.S. used fleshette rounds in Vietnam. I'm not interested in in the article, he's a has-been freak.
a reply to: ugmold

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

All I can say is hurray ! Every time there killed I have a celebration. Every time an ISIS member is slaughtered, killed, massacred or destroyed that is a happy day for me. Hurray !!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it 's hard to believe what either side says about anything.

Who knows if the man was holding a bag of old beef or human flesh? I like Brian Eno's music, but that doesn't make him an expert on the middle east. IN fact, his views are quite racist.

Let Mr. Eno live in Israel while his Palestinian pals throw bombs at innocent Israeli children. This happens every day and it can be verified.

Mr. Eno would feel differently if he lost loved ones because a Palestinian mom tied suicide bombs to her young child. This happens and it can be verified.

Has Eno traded music for propaganda? It seems he has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join