It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisina Gov. Bobby Jindal announces his run for the Presidency.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
At first I thought oh no, not another one. Then after 20 minutes or so I was completely blown away. Every American needs to watch this mans speech. This is on par with Ronald Reagan's first big speeches and I would even say better given the dire nature of this election. This guy is going to clean house if he is elected and if you want to put America back on the path to greatness then vote for him, our country depends on it.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal announced Wednesday he is running for president, joining a crowded Republican primary field that now stands at 13. The 44-year-old, two-term governor made it official on Twitter and later at a rally in the New Orleans suburb of Kenner, where he lived as a congressman.

www.foxnews.com...

The greatest speech I have seen yet, by any Politician in the last 30 years.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What is it that sets him apart from all of the other republicans? Anything?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He's just another GOP'per chasing the Koch's money. A few months on the candidacy circuit catering to the conservative billionaire's money can really stuff the 'ol campaign coffers. Considering the states of Louisiana, he has nothing to boast about.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I disagree, besides Soros and others do the same as the Kochs, not too mention the Kochs are more Libertarian than Republican. Im no Republican, but this man made a great speach and by far and away represented many of my thoughts far better than Hillary or Jeb...

I feel many people who havent the where with all to persevere with a personal dream to its successful conclusion love the rhetoric put forth by the modern left..as it takes personal responsibility away from the individual and offers blame to a scapegoat. .in this case a political party.

I am in no way politically attached, but as a successful business manager I see the tell tale signs of a lot of people subscribing to a party to make an excuse for their lack of motivation.

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

edit on 24-6-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The GOP race is looking like a clown car. At this point they might as well have another 10 people jump in and water down the party.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well as I understand it Soros earned his money by working, and the Koch brothers inherited theirs. Soros's native language is Esperanto too...I just learned that.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thats not the point is it? Jindal made a great speach and spoke some great truths. Not saying you need to agree...but at least he isnt flip flopping and hiding from his own greed like a certain lady.

he made a great speach. Representing a number of this countries constituents...thats the topic I believe.
reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The GOP race is looking like a clown car. At this point they might as well have another 10 people jump in and water down the party.

So you prefer to have your candidate chosen for you by the party?

Or just have a choice of Old White Woman/Old White Man like the Democrats have been served up this year?

I swear, some people will jump through hoops to find reason to hate on one party. It would be amusing if it wasn't so predictable.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well as I understand it Soros earned his money by working, and the Koch brothers inherited theirs. Soros's native language is Esperanto too...I just learned that.

If you can call looting the bodies of dead Jews in the concentration camps working ... sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

"Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal announces his run for the Presidency".

Who what now?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This guy is getting the hell out of Louisiana one way or the other. They hate him down their in a red state where Obama polls at 42 positive and Jindal at 32. Hillary out polls him in his own state. The fact that he enacted a bunch of tax cuts with no way to pay for them has left the state with huge budget trouble. And he is pretty much ignoring the problem he caused and leaving the state all the time to work on his now announced Presidential bid. Yeah this is not a guy who people are going to vote for.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I agree with OP sentiments. His speech did come as a surprise, and it made me think that this is at least one to learn more about and keep an eye on.

As for the Louisiana budget issue, I think I get his point. The government is too bloated and spends too much money. So he cut back on how much they get, forcing them to find a way to cut back to deal with it. He seems to think they should be able to do that, because they spend too much money. That makes sense. Most governments waste money. If they need to make do with less, they will need to redefine their priorities.

I like that he made people in his state mad. It shows he is not a coward bowing to pressure from interest groups. He said his priority is the people. That's what we need.

I plan to at least keep an eye on this one.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Speeches don't mean anything. The actions of Mr. Jindal speak volumes over the last 7 plus years in office as governor of Louisiana. The following link keeps tabs on our undoing in the Bayou state.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Mr. Jindal has proposed the State equivalent to a pay day loan from one of those loan shark services which take advantage of the working poor. Mr. Jindal wants to take a pay out of the tobacco settlement which would mean way less money than what would be received over time so he and the cronies in Louisiana can spend it now only their track record at spending is not so good...especially when they spend more than they take in revenue with outstanding debt all ready accruing.

He is a clown of the worst kind...straight party line politician who would do nothing for no one unless it benefited the party, notice I did not say benefit him, as he does not possess enough clout to do for himself so his existence would be nothing but paying back favors ten fold. He is not even running for President as he is much too smart to think he actually has a chance but is running for the VP position for which I believe he would be the equivalent of the illustrious Dan Quayle.

Lets hope it does not come down to him as our President, even though I know he has no chance in Hades of getting close to it. I don't think he could be voted dog catcher in Louisiana again after the harm he has done...speech writers he has, the ability to speak...well...sometimes as I still remember his rebuttal speech a few years ago when he made a fool of himself and the Republican Party, not that its hard to make fools out of anybody in Washington, and as for a comparison to Ronald Reagan, not even close, not even in the same acting class.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lol you seem to have a gigantic political bias...get paid much?
reply to: DJMSN

edit on 24-6-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder if Donald Trump will ask for Bobby's birth certificate at the GOP presidential debate?
Maybe he'll get a free pass since their both in the same circus act.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah Greatness *Cough*

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What are you saying? Just tossing out a rhetorical viewpoint? What use is sn un defended opinion?reply to: rupertg

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No I am just from Louisiana and know what Mr. Jindal has done. I have voted both Republican and Democrat and have no favorites among the dung heap. I find our political system broken and wish somebody paid me to spout my opinion but most I feel would pay me to be quiet. Too bad you are caught up in the system and see only the side they want you to see, there are many sides to our politicians today and none of them have to do with what ever political party they are a part of, it is the sides of how many dollars they collect.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal has no chance of becoming president. He comes in at zero in the polls

The guy ruined the state of Louisiana sort of like Chris Christie ruined New Jersey.

The people hate him in his own state, even the GOP members.

The guy worships Grover Norquist who has led him to his political doom with the tax cutting frenzy and now his state is near bankruptcy

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

You know what I feel much the same as you...I appreciate your sentiment....thank you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join