It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Confederate flag a Sigil being attacked on purpose?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: FyreByrd

LOL. Okay, I see where you're going.

In the "labor vs. management" sense of the meaning, labor is workers and management is bosses and/or owners. That's where I was going.

Yes - now you have it.

In fact a large part of the decline of the middle class in the US is corollated with the demise of middle management. Middle management acts as the buffer between workers and Capital (the owners as you say) and labor while remaining labor themselves.

You can see the effects in 'downsized' companies. Middle (anything below C level truly) management, with an 'eye' to becoming C-Level, are the ones who promote 'execelence' in product and service and the 'health' of companies over the long term.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think that this pic says it all. Leave it to the media (and the people that control it) to pull one over on American citizens by distracting them with something sure to get an emotional response and pushing propaganda. Leave it to the average American to fall for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The First Official Flag of the Confederacy. Although less well known than the "Confederate Battle Flags",the Stars and Bars was used as the official flag of the Confederacy from March 1861 to May of 1863. The pattern and colors of this flag did not distinguish it sharply fom the Stars and Stripes of the Union. Consequently, considerable confusion was caused on the battlefield.

The seven stars represent the original Confederate States; South Carolina (December 20, 1860), Mississippi(January 9, 1861), Florida (January 10,1861), Alabama (January 11, 1861), Georgia (January 19, 1861), Louisiana (January 26, 1861), and Texas (February 1, 1861).

QUESTION TO ALL WHO OPPOSE "THE BATTLE FLAG":

Would it completely end the debate if every "battle flag" was replaced with a "first flag"? 1861 to 1863 was the birth of the Confederacy and half of the Civil War. Surely we could learn to accept and respect that flag, could we not?

If the answer is yes, the "first flag" is acceptable, then one must ask why the "battle flag" isn't acceptable. The answer lies somewhere within the imagery of the KKK depicted in media for the past .. however many years. They have tarnished it, and had they never existed, this entire thing would be a non-issue. It's a current issue because a racist white male took pictures with the flag before killing black people. How much simpler can it be.

Historical slavery is one thing (which was an AMERICAN thing for 50+ years until the Civil War), killing innocent people because they are black while flying the "battle flag" (KKK, Dylann Roof) is another.

To add all of this extra crap to the debate is petty at best and disrespectful at worst.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

They why I hardly see any minorities fly that flag? I do not see any Mexicans, Filipinos or any other none white except for a few black people. The white pride hate groups fly that flag. It is a symbol of white pride and opression. Seems only redneck hicks like that flag next to their rusty truck.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chopper

They why I hardly see any minorities fly that flag? I do not see any Mexicans, Filipinos or any other none white except for a few black people. The white pride hate groups fly that flag. It is a symbol of white pride and opression. Seems only redneck hicks like that flag next to their rusty truck.

You are wrong. Like a lot of people that really don't understand much more than the surface rhetoric, you have bought into that "redneck hick" crap. That's the image that is constantly thrown out there because it inflames and some people just love to be inflamed

I am a black South Carolinian. Here’s why I support the Confederate flag.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 27-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reply to: r0xor

Your argument falls apart when you realize the first flag was raised in under the following rationale given the cornerstone address in 1861

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Whatever happened to calling it the rebel flag? That's how I always referred to it. More of a symbol of rebellion, than a symbol of the Confederate states. Hmm, I must be from a different timeline.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

Exactly. It's a flag of treason. We hanged a few people for not letting it go when the time came and that over a century ago

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I guess it is true now. It was the next logical step. Pc run amok.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
There is an independent spirit in the South. Southerners have always felt it in their "DNA".

I call that "honey dripping" reality --- you know, the facts.

Been to a St Patrick's Day celebration? It's in their DNA.

Been to Octoberfest? It's in their DNA.

Why do some southerners think they are so special? You lost.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Southerners don't think They're special SOUTHERNERS have THEIR own ways LIKE you have YOURS.
Do you feel somehow above American history to claim seperation from it's HUMANITARIAN ways in some of your views?
You lose .
We WILL keep the flag and it will return once the rediculous deflection of national issues subsides and the Progs attack something else.
WE call it "Cherry picking" when in THIS case,it is preipheral reverse RACISM.
Southern by the way DOES include BLACK people who embrace the rebel flag as part of THEIR lives they claim as well.conservativetribune.com... il07.04.15It's a symbol of RESISTING being told what to do.

edit on 4-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I think you have your flags mixed up.

Now if you were talking about the Gadsden Flag (Don't Tread On Me), then you might have a point about it being a symbol of Independence and anti oppression....because that IS what that flag is a symbol of.

The Rebel flag is the flag of treason, oppression of human rights, and secessionist.

You can't claim to be a proud American and at the same time say you are proud of the treasonous history of the south. The fact is that the Confederate states are the biggest example of treason in our countries history.

Here...Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Also, to ignore the fact that the Confederate Flag is now used as a symbol of racial animosity is just burying your head in the sand. Like it or not, the flag HAS been used more in recent history to signal white superiority than it has been used to signal "southern pride".

Again...I see nothing to be "proud" of in regards to that flag. It represents treason and slavery...anyone who is proud of those two things are not people I care to cater to.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

The First Official Flag of the Confederacy. Although less well known than the "Confederate Battle Flags",the Stars and Bars was used as the official flag of the Confederacy from March 1861 to May of 1863. The pattern and colors of this flag did not distinguish it sharply fom the Stars and Stripes of the Union. Consequently, considerable confusion was caused on the battlefield.

The seven stars represent the original Confederate States; South Carolina (December 20, 1860), Mississippi(January 9, 1861), Florida (January 10,1861), Alabama (January 11, 1861), Georgia (January 19, 1861), Louisiana (January 26, 1861), and Texas (February 1, 1861).

QUESTION TO ALL WHO OPPOSE "THE BATTLE FLAG":

Would it completely end the debate if every "battle flag" was replaced with a "first flag"? 1861 to 1863 was the birth of the Confederacy and half of the Civil War. Surely we could learn to accept and respect that flag, could we not?

If the answer is yes, the "first flag" is acceptable, then one must ask why the "battle flag" isn't acceptable. The answer lies somewhere within the imagery of the KKK depicted in media for the past .. however many years. They have tarnished it, and had they never existed, this entire thing would be a non-issue. It's a current issue because a racist white male took pictures with the flag before killing black people. How much simpler can it be.

Historical slavery is one thing (which was an AMERICAN thing for 50+ years until the Civil War), killing innocent people because they are black while flying the "battle flag" (KKK, Dylann Roof) is another.

To add all of this extra crap to the debate is petty at best and disrespectful at worst.

No, why would I accept any flag of the treasonous Confederacy that wanted to keep blacks oppressed?

It's not which flag you choose, it is what it represents...and any flag the represents the Confederacy I have an issue with.

Fact: The Confederacy were traitors (defined by the constitution) against the United States and the Constitution.

If you or any other "Southerner" claim they are a patriot and love the United States...why would you want to fly the flag of traitors that went to war against the United States?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One other thing that bears mentioning... the first flag did fly over the murder of innocent people in a much larger version of the KKK style.
America's military was doing it's thing on its own bases in its own country when a bunch of racists came up with that flag and surrounded them and told them they'd be run out of town or slaughtered. You don't get extra points for hiring a lawyer to write your manifesto and putting a few pieces of brass on your clothing; That's still terrorism.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join