It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A surefire way to weed out the idiots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've been spreading this bit of joy!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
edit
edit on 24-6-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ah... I always enjoyed the non-puzzlers when I was a kid!

Like:

A 45 RPM record has a playtime of 3:15... How many grooves are etched on the record?

Or:

A farmhouse has a roof with a 54 degree incline and is facing due north, A 56 km/hr wind is blowing from east.
If a rooster lays an egg 1 cm from the peak on the east side of the top edge of the roof, which direction will the egg roll?

Or:

How much dirt is in a hole that is 4 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Like:

A 45 RPM record has a playtime of 3:15... How many grooves are etched on the record?

Is that the in your face trick question (answer=1 ) or trick within a trick question (answer=2).

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: gspat

Like:

Is that the in your face trick question (answer=1 ) or trick within a trick question (answer=2).

Of course!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Teaching maths needs to involve more "word" problems. This helps one understand why and how it's used, that makes it more real.

btw- these girls are dumb as dirt breeders.

now I'm OT, but I see some of my HS friends as mom's...ALL they care about is garbage like cheerleader camp...etc. It's kind of gross that middle-class people are also useless eaters.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
When you find a person of average intelligence, be happy!

Half the people on the damn planet are dumber than that!

You just have to say WTF is up with our education system.

P

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I never did the IQ test but I did have to take tests for school to get placed in the "proper" level class. Even then I thought those tests were just off.

Which one of these doesn't belong:

A. Banana
B. Orange
C. Apple
D. Dead puppies

They were so easy. So I got stuck in really high level classes that were over my head. I once got my shoe caught in a escalator and broke it. Tore my shoe apart. Yeah, I'm that smart.

Stupid tests.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm always wary of those who quick explain these sorts of things as a lack of intelligence, when its more than likely that an inadequate amount of time has gone into thinking about it when their first thought when asked such question 'r it must be trick question." I often think the tendency to immediately think someone an idiot when asked these sorts of questions, reflects more on the thinking processes of asker than the asked.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Measured relative to what?

What path did you travel in and were there any high gravitational sources nearby?

So inexact a question.

edit on 25/6/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join