It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: 'I am sorry for the lives I have taken'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Uh, I don't know why I bother

I feel you there!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't really follow this.

But, didn't he write something in the boat about the victims?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In the meantime, he should have his cell walls covered with the images of his victims. The man in the wheelchair with the flesh off his legs has been burned into my memory ever since. That poor guy's face disturbed anyone who saw it and the horrified faces of victims, witnesses and first aiders should be burned into his conscience too.*

Chances are the only time he's had to look at any of the carnage was during the prosecution.

* If he has a conscience

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

eta: As far as your not hearing anything personally, it was determined this case would not be televised,

They probably didn't want to air it because Tsarnaev was so doped up.... It probably sounded like, di da doh di duh duh di da.... plus his tongue being half shot off. I bet he ways saying.... They set me up, they set me up!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler

He's only sorry he got caught

I hear this a lot from people who advocate for things like the death penalty and torture. It's as if all the empathy has been sucked out of them, leaving them a hollow shell that has only room for hatred and skepticism.

Yes, what he did was wrong to the highest degree, but automatically assuming his remorse is non-existent based on NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER except their own hatred and lack of empathy, in the face of what seemed to me to be a quite heartfelt apology, is ridiculous and ignorant at best.

Personally, I side with the victim couple who stood against his execution, what they said is correct - a lifetime of contemplation in a cell is better punishment than killing him for revenge then leaving the victims with an empty hole that they were told would be filled with his death - yet wasn't.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

In the meantime, he should have his cell walls covered with the images of his victims. The man in the wheelchair with the flesh off his legs has been burned into my memory ever since. That poor guy's face disturbed anyone who saw it and the horrified faces of victims, witnesses and first aiders should be burned into his conscience too.*

Chances are the only time he's had to look at any of the carnage was during the prosecution.

* If he has a conscience

Yah. About that. How long can people survive like that?? Why are 3 ppl placed on stretchers and directly into ambulances, prior to him receiving so much as a tourniquet. Is there even one on him in the chair.

I have a very good combat medic friend who has been personally involved in multi amputees, some successful and some not. His mind was completely blown by the video, he told me it couldn't be real. I trust him with my life, so that's what makes me a skeptic.

He sure does look like that other guy too.

Your post, is the reason for the image.

Am I the only one who remembers that it was reported that his throat was slit and he would never be able to speak again? It was all over the news. It was all tied up in a neat little bow.

What about the live TV naked guy.

So we have a secret statement from a secret trial from someone who can't speak, witnessed by many nameless Co conspirators.

I'm with the truth as Jaws says. If he did it he did it. If it was all real, fine. This country was founded on the idea that the public deserves.... no, the public owns the truth.

I believe the truth is somewhere between the two myself. I have no problem if they were to execute sentence sans appeal. I just wish that wasn't the end of it. The real victims injured that day deserve justice from all of the guilty, and among those victims is the truth itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The issue I have with this is he went thru with the killings. Repenting after being caught is disingenuous. Would he have apologized had he not been caught?

Judging by the behavior of his mom it seems crazy doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Yeah it's always more... ingenuous, when you repent ahead if time.
edit on 25-6-2015 by ISawItFirst because: intentional typo uncorrected for effect

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Ok so you think the system is cool, and that's good. Here's the thing. You deal before you plea, is actually how it works. Here's the other thing, if he pleads guilty there is no trial. There is only sentencing. This lawyer specializes in that.

If you remember that's your original argument, that she specializes in getting people out of the death penalty.

How many cases has she ever had that plead not guilty? This one is an honest question, I have no idea. You said none.

If all if that is true, I do not see how an honest judge can proceed past the plea. He clearly has unfit council, I would have to have clear understanding from him that he wanted to waive his right to council prior to proceeding to trial.

Lacking that, which, for all we know, may have actually happened, I'd think more than one person could be disbarred or worse.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My conspiracy side was hoping for a confession to FBI/government involvement or something of the sorts

Owell, life goes on

eta - He was probably too drugged up during the sentencing to remember the actual events from those few days anyways.
edit on 25-6-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join