It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: 'I am sorry for the lives I have taken'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Speaking for the first time publicly about the explosives he and his brother set off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon two years ago, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apologized for the bombings and to the victims of the worst terrorist attack in the U.S. since Sept. 11.

"I am sorry for the lives I have taken, for the suffering I caused, for the damage I have done – the irreparable damage,” he said.

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: 'I am sorry for the lives I have taken'

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev finally spoke during court proceedings today, when the judge handed down his sentence. Apologized to his victims and asked Allah for mercy.

In federal death penalty cases, appeal is automatic. He'll now be moved to terra haute, IN where he will be the youngest prisoner on federal death row. Will likely be years and years before any execution is carried out, if ever.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
He's only sorry he got caught, his mother and father don't seem too sorry with all their calling for the Death of more Americans.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think he was probably prompted to do so by his lawyers. Reports were that when the witnesses spoke, he looked bored and uninterested.
I still think the sister-in-law knows more than she has said.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Of course we never know what's in another's person's heart, but my skepticism is over the moon. He asks his Allah for mercy, because he values his life, yet placed zero value on those lives he killed and cruely took their lives out in a few seconds, or ruined them in ways that can't be repaired.

Don't you know his attorney told him what to say? "Tell them you're sorry, and it might make prison life a little easier, and maybe you won't meet the needle as quickly".
Having said that, I hope he is sincerely sorry, and spends his final days wallowing in his own remorse.
edit on 6/24/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm not going to opine on how I don't think his apology is sincere.

I hope he truly has remorse and finds forgiveness for his actions.

If not in this life then the next.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What is this the 4th or 5th time he has supposedly confessed to the killings now, would it be too much to actually hear it from the horses mouth, or is hearsay enough? No video, no audio, Color me skeptical!

Why in the world would he thank his lawyer, when she told the court of his guilt, remember he plead NOT GUILTY! Color me extra skeptical!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
He's setting up the appeal case.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Does this mean the theories that it wasn't him/his brother, or wasn't the same backpack can finally be laid to rest?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Does this mean the theories that it wasn't him/his brother, or wasn't the same backpack can finally be laid to rest?

One does so hope.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's a methodical approach to getting life versus death in his next court case after he appeals.

He sees that this time they want him to die, and he hopes by doing this, that next time around, he'll be spared the death penalty.

In my humble opinion.
edit on 6/24/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You know, he's not a bad looking guy. He might need to brace himself for some after hours booty calls.

( that was so ugly of me, but remember if you laughed you are as bad as I am)
edit on 6/24/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Agreed. That's what his attorney does: turn a death sentence into life without parole. I don't think his apology is at all sincere, as he's looked bored and disinterested the whole trial. But I DO think his attorneys coached him to the letter to set the groundwork for his appeals process.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I don't think his apology is at all sincere, as he's looked bored and disinterested the whole trial.

How do you know that, from the cartoon drawings?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

I don't think his apology is at all sincere, as he's looked bored and disinterested the whole trial.

How do you know that, from the cartoon drawings?

LMAO.

Come on now.
How about from the still shot from the close captioned TV footage of him flicking off the cam in the cell?
That was lame of the media to publish, though.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

I was basing the opinion off the myriad of articles that have commented to that end.

I've never been to the sun, but I believe it when a scientist says it's pretty warm there.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Doubt it. I don't think it'll impact "those people" whatsoever.

Obviously his attorney told him staying silent or denying his involvement wasn't going to help his appeal, so he had to say something so people would be okay with him getting LWOP.

That doesn't take anything away from the "fact" that he's innocent.

Duh.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You are a law enforcement officer, were you trained to take hearsay as fact when taking witness reports? The myriad of network news regurgitated the governments propaganda leading up to the Iraq war, were they correct?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If he's kept in a supermax, he's solitary confinement 24/7. ...and as a death row inmate, I'm fairly sure he's solitary anyway. Even during exercise periods.

For that very reason.

Not so much for his safety, but for the officers who'd be duty bound to stop it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Meh. I'm really not interested in debating his demeanor in the court room. Unless you have something that says he was wailing and tearing his hair out and gnashing his teeth, what's the point? Given how he acted in the video taken from his cell, I really don't think it's all that implausible that he appeared bored and disinterested.

If you want to make that your focal point of debate, perhaps you can start your own thread on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

No. Because obviously him and his brother never did it. This is more media propaganda to formulate the lie in the Sheeple heads.

I saw no evidence whatsoever that said these guys did the Boston Bombing. I saw lots and lots of Propaganda and lies but NO evidence!

And before I forget. Another bloody Drill or Training event right before it happened.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Nova937 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join