It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Down the Fascist, Anti-Christian Gay-Pride Flag from Government Building!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ, there are not as many racist and bigots as the poo stirrers would have you believe.

This is just madness.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There's 100 threads about flags.

Hook, line and sinker!

SQUIRREL!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No tolerance for intolerance.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I will not tolerate your intolerant stance on intolerance a reply to:

FlyingFox

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Over which government buildings in the US is this flag flying? I haven't seen it anywhere and there's no examples cited.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this post was a response to the OP. I believe the rant quoted in the OP is either a general rant about the flag hanging on "government-owned buildings", like the US Embassies in London or in Israel, or just a general rant about the flag and the "Gay Reich".

But others have joined in:

Far Right Pundits Call for Taking Down LGBT Pride Flag

Bryan Fischer:

“If we are going to remove symbols of oppression from our culture,” he said, “if we come to the point where we say any flag that represents bigotry, any flag that represents hatred, any flag that represents slavery or oppression needs to be removed, then I want to suggest to you that the next flag to go ought to be the rainbow flag of the Gay Reich.”

The “gay lobby” has “a flag just like the Nazis had their flag,” Fischer added, and it represents “slavery and oppression and bigotry and prejudice and bias.”

Also condemning the pride flag was Breitbart.com contributor John Nolte, described by The New Civil Rights Movement as the author of “some of the more unhinged articles” at the site founded by the late Andrew Breitbart, a conservative who supported LGBT rights.

“Under the banner of what is dishonestly called a gay pride or gay ‘rights’ flag, hate, fascism, and intolerance has festered for years, specifically against Christians and conservatives,” Nolte wrote on the site today.

And here's a story from 2011 where the "Family Foundation" were calling to have it taken down from the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia. Source

The prominent perch for the rainbow pennant has drawn the ire of Del. Bob Marshall and the Family Foundation, who have opposed the expansion of gay rights in Virginia.
...Reserve banks are considered private institutions but, as part of the nation's central bank system established by Congress, are quasi-governmental entities.

edit on 6/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why should the federal government have any say over these matters? As long as the U.S. flag is flying at the top, the states should be free to fly a pair of boxer shorts if the elected representatives so choose. If the people of the state don't like it, they take it up with their local assembly.

Whether or not the people of South Carolina want to take down the Confederate battle flag, it's their business. If the people of California want to fly a flag woven from anal beads, no one living outside of Cali has a right to stop it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why should the federal government have any say over these matters? As long as the U.S. flag is flying at the top, the states should be free to fly a pair of boxer shorts if the elected representatives so choose. If the people of the state don't like it, they take it up with their local assembly.

Whether or not the people of South Carolina want to take down the Confederate battle flag, it's their business. If the people of California want to fly a flag woven from anal beads, no one living outside of Cali has a right to stop it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Why should the federal government have any say over these matters?

They don't. You're right. It's South Carolina's business and if their legislature votes to remove it, they will. I'm not sure why you thought it's a federal matter, but not. The feds aren't doing anything. Some politicians are weighing in, but that's it.

edit on 6/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join