It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Down the Fascist, Anti-Christian Gay-Pride Flag from Government Building!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's only one flag that should be flown up government flag poles,the jolly roger.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

One is a flag of hatred and oppression.

The other is a flag of a movement for freedom from hatred and oppression.

I think there's a very large distinction there.

Christians need to remember. You reap what you sow.

If you are constantly condemning gay people. It's gonna come back at ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You know what? I say this in just about every single post I make and that's how we debate this stuff....My main feeling on LGBT is, keep it in the privacy of your own home...Nothing more! I don't want it in public, I don't want it in schools, my main view is just keep it all behind closed doors, yes even straight couples! I don't want to see a husband and wife makeout in public just as much as gays....But it is nice to see you agree no matter how many differences in opinion we have had in the past about this topic! Love my ATS family!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Divide and Conquer.

It's a well orchestrated symphony brought to you by the MSM and government.

It hits us little people and it becomes "Tit for Tat".

One side pushes, then gets offended when the other side pushes back and the nonsense continues.

Who will lose? The government? LOL They'll win no matter the outcome.

Like children. "He hit me first!" Get the drift?

Oh no doubt I think that this is a real strategy. It may not always be true in every situation, but I become more convinced as I get older that the "powers that be" may manipulate the resentments, histories, identities, conflicts of various groups to keep them looking at each other rather than uniting.

Whether that is true here or not is debatable.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
There's only one flag that should be flown up government flag poles,the jolly roger.

Raise it! Zoltan....

I'm a Pittsburgher as well....Pirates kicking some butt...Cole for Cy Young! Woohoo...

Anyways...No I don't think it should be flying either, nothing should be flying besides state flags at government buildings, IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Right. It's the same rationale as the religious one. If you can't honor all of them (which you can't because new Civil Rights groups come out of the woodworks all the time) then you shouldn't honor any of them.

State flags, the US flag, and MAYBE a few international flags from our international allies. That's it. Though I'm even leery about international flags. They really should be reserved for federal government buildings.

link   

Alot of people confuse your view with wanting gays back in the closet.

That's probably why the backlash is so deep. That and those who refer to it as a mental illness. That's the one that really gets me going.

But regardless, not the topic of the thread.

I wonder if there are any other flags that fly at certain buildings that are less than acceptable? I can't think of another organization as of right now that would merit scrutiny.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You know what? I say this in just about every single post I make and that's how we debate this stuff....My main feeling on LGBT is, keep it in the privacy of your own home...Nothing more! I don't want it in public, I don't want it in schools, my main view is just keep it all behind closed doors, yes even straight couples! I don't want to see a husband and wife makeout in public just as much as gays....But it is nice to see you agree no matter how many differences in opinion we have had in the past about this topic! Love my ATS family!
That I can completely agree with. Keep it to your damn self. Do I think gays should be able to Marry? You bet! But act like normal damn people. You don't need to flame all over the place and make your sexuality your entire identity.

I'm straight and I don't push it in gay people's faces. Well, mostly straight. Summer Glau needs to call me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Wait that's BRILLIANT! Put the Jolly Roger flag outside of a government building, and as we all know, the Jolly Roger symbol is really the symbol for "poison". So you'd effectively saying that the government is poisonous. I love it!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

One is a flag of hatred and oppression.

The other is a flag of a movement for freedom from hatred and oppression.

I think there's a very large distinction there.

Christians need to remember. You reap what you sow.

If you are constantly condemning gay people. It's gonna come back at ya.

Exactly.

It is completely atrocious to conflate the two, with all due respect and kindness to everyone on here.

And yes, the Christians have been not only condemning but also persecuting LGBT for centuries, including killing them in the past. By all rights, the LGBT should be able to call out the Christians for what they have done.

"Judge ye not, for the measure which you measure out shall be meted out to you."

The Christians are lucky that isn't literally true here, or else the gays would start torturing, burning at the stake Christians.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
government building should nto have any flags on them period. that will solve the issue right?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Right. It's the same rationale as the religious one. If you can't honor all of them (which you can't because new Civil Rights groups come out of the woodworks all the time) then you shouldn't honor any of them.

State flags, the US flag, and MAYBE a few international flags from our international allies. That's it. Though I'm even leery about international flags. They really should be reserved for federal government buildings.

True.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That's the thing, the reasoning for why Christians would view it as an anti-Christian flag are irrelevant (even if they are the cause of those feelings). The point is that they find the flag insensitive and it isn't the government's job to promote one group of people at the expense of another, even it the reasoning is absurd.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a couple years ago at Pride in New Orleans a veteran that was offended by rainbow flags being flown in Girard Park during Pride complained about Rainbow Flags in the Park..

www.dailykos.com...#

That was a great comparison/source !!!!!!!

Oh the irony...............

In a display of stunning bigotry, a council person has formed a motion to ban the rainbow flag from city property. Ostensibly not to offend others. His action is based on one complaint from a Korean War veteran that believes only straight people fought in one of our many wars and to display the LGBT flag is an insult to veterans.

So to keep this one bigothappy LGBT persons would not be allowed to have pride flags in the park.

Yep two paragraphs the first sentence of each paragraph emphasized the one highlighted word . Is it just me or does one side tend to throw that word around more than the other?

Green, who said he learned about the flag-raising after a photograph and story appeared in The Daily Advertiser, said he does not believe the flag should be flown on government property.

“I did not go overseas and fight for our country so that we could come back and be subject to something like that,” Green said Friday. “Several of us (veterans) feel that the flying of this flag is a poke in the eye of a way of life.”

Now while I don't agree with that man's contention. He is in fact entitled to the right to say it in a civil manner ( which he did above ) without being attacked as he was in this article .

edit on 24-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's the heart of the issue, really. The government shouldn't be pandering to one group while admonishing another in the same breath.

link   
Ya lets take away more freedom to make our point about losing freedom.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This. Remove all "cause" flags from government property. International flags should be reserved for governmental buildings only when dignitaries from said foreign state are visiting as a courtesy. Otherwise, use the KISS principle.

link   
LMFAO at all this ridiculousness over flags is getting out of control. As some have already said I'm with removing all flags from all government buildings other than the state or national flag. Private business and home owners you can hang your dirty underwear for all I care just keep any flags representing one group in particular away from government property.

edit on CDTWed, 24 Jun 2015 13:20:45 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago24-05:00Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:20:45 -050020 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Here's the funny thing.

When the rainbow flag was designed in 1978, it was not created for the sole use of the Queer community. The actual name of the flag is the Equality flag, with the colours used to symbolize that everyone everywhere fits somewhere under the rainbow, gay or straight.

Unlike the Confederate flag which is a pretty inclusive symbol to a (hopefully) small group, the equality flag is meant for everyone including your enemies.

That's why it shouldn't be removed.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
With all due respect, it's conservatives that want it removed.

I understand that. Read the threads about the confederate flag. "Liberal whiners" is the phrase of the day.

The title is Breitbart's, not mine. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of those who are crying because the confederate flag is probably going to come down in SC.

Finally, I've already seen someone yesterday online trying to draw a false equivalency between Confederate Flag rights and Rainbow Flag rights. The two couldn't be more opposite.

I happen to agree, but that's our OPINION. NEITHER should be on a government building, because they don't represent the entirety of a state or nation and SOME PEOPLE find the flags extremely offensive.

I might agree with you that neither need to be flown on the property of public political forums, however.

Government buildings. That's my position.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to phrase my response towards you, but generally towards some things I've already heard. My apologies.

I think that yes, neither needs to be flown over government buildings. Neither represents everyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join