It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Weather-Changing Machine Used For Secret Solstice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

British scientists came to Iceland with a machine that reportedly keeps the weather temporarily sunny and dry, and it was used for the Secret Solstice festival.

Vísir reports that this is actually the second year the scientists have come here with the express purpose of ensuring good weather at the festival. While it is unknown how the machine works, it allegedly changes the air pressure in an area for a limited time, thereby reducing the chances that clouds will gather.

Jakob Frímann Magnússon, one of the organisers of Secret Solstice, would not comment in detail about what the device is or how it works the way it does.

Last year it was speculated that the device in question could be a cloudbuster, a device invented by Wilhelm Reich that purportedly utilised “cosmic orgone engineering” in order to disperse clouds.

grapevine.is...

But, then there is this......

As the weather for Secret Solstice was fair both this and last year, there might be something to the device – or it may have simply been that Icelanders were greeted with warm, sunny weather, which has been known to happen from time to time.

There have been a few people here from time to time who swear this technology works. It would be interesting to know if it really does. Just think of the Utopian dream, no chemtrails, no clouds, no rain, just pure sunshine, .....forever.

Or......perhaps is a load of crap.
edit on 24-6-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not convinced that it works...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Nice....I have done a TON of research on Reich. Even spoken to his granddaughter a few times about his work. From my reading, it appears to have worked. And worked so well that the FEDs locked him away until he died and burned his books. It was one of the only cases of the US mass burning books in the nation.

Crazy story and I have a bunch on him in a thread here somewhere. Fascinating stuff and should have been more researched at the time.

ETA...I have no idea about this guys work, just Reich's.
edit on 6/24/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You think there's something to "orgone energy"?

Really?

And oh my they burned his books...the nazis did that! Omg.

Amid much suspicion about the sexual aspects of orgonomy and the general lack of supporting data outside the Orgonon campus in Maine, Reich had much of his writing and equipment seized by the United States Food and Drug Administration in 1954.
Some of his writings were taken to the local garbage dump and destroyed in the incinerator, which allows Reich's modern followers to point and say "They burned his books!". The heavy-handed court injunction, which allowed the FDA to take such action against Reich, was handed down because Reich didn't appear in court to defend himself. His decision not to appear in court stemmed from a combination of personal friction with his lawyer, and a sense of himself as a Christlike martyr figure unjustly persecuted by those who were emotionally incapable of accepting the obvious truths of his discoveries

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It would be cool to see a demonstration. I don't believe it, but hell, I might be wrong. I just have heard about it for a while and saw this article. If you have any ideas on where one might exist, we should try to organize an experiment. We could use real science and everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You think there's something to "orgone energy"?

Really?

And oh my they burned his books...the nazis did that! Omg.

Amid much suspicion about the sexual aspects of orgonomy and the general lack of supporting data outside the Orgonon campus in Maine, Reich had much of his writing and equipment seized by the United States Food and Drug Administration in 1954.
Some of his writings were taken to the local garbage dump and destroyed in the incinerator, which allows Reich's modern followers to point and say "They burned his books!". The heavy-handed court injunction, which allowed the FDA to take such action against Reich, was handed down because Reich didn't appear in court to defend himself. His decision not to appear in court stemmed from a combination of personal friction with his lawyer, and a sense of himself as a Christlike martyr figure unjustly persecuted by those who were emotionally incapable of accepting the obvious truths of his discoveries

rationalwiki.org...

Yes, actually after researching it for a while, I do think there is something to it.

And yes, they burned 6 tons of his work.

On 23 August six tons of his books, journals and papers were burned in the 25th Street public incinerator in New York, the Gansevoort incinerator. The burned material included copies of several of his books, including The Sexual Revolution, Character Analysis and The Mass Psychology of Fascism. Though these had been published in German before Reich ever discussed orgone, he had added mention of it to the English editions, so they were caught by the injunction.[140] As with the accumulators, the FDA was supposed only to observe the destruction. The psychiatrist Victor Sobey (d. 1995), an associate of Reich's, wrote: "All the expenses and labor had to be provided by the [Orgone Institute] Press. A huge truck with three to help was hired. I felt like people who, when they are to be executed, are made to dig their own graves first and are then shot and thrown in. We carried box after box of the literature."[141] It has been cited as one of the worst examples of censorship in U.S. history.[142]

As well as all of his machines he had built.

On 5 June 1956 two FDA officials arrived at Orgonon to supervise the destruction of the accumulators. Most of them had been sold at that point and another 50 were with Silvert in New York. Only three were at Orgonon. The FDA agents were not allowed to destroy them, only to supervise the destruction, so Reich's friends and his son, Peter, chopped them up with axes as the agents watched.[137] Once they were destroyed, Reich placed an American flag on top of them.[138]

On 26 June the agents returned to supervise the destruction of the promotional material, including 251 copies of Reich's books.[138] The American Civil Liberties Union issued a press release criticizing the book burning, although coverage of the release was poor, and Reich ended up asking them not to help because he was annoyed that they had failed to criticize the destruction of the accumulators. In England A. S. Neill and the poet Herbert Read signed a letter of protest, but it was never published. On 23 July the remaining accumulators in New York were destroyed by S. A. Collins and Sons, who had built them.[139]

Odd reaction by the FDA to something that doesn't work I believe. Talk about censorship to the nth degree!

Then they threw him in prison until he died.

We are talking about one of the most influential psychiatrists of his time who still has a bearing on this field today from his research.....not some quack that had no idea what they were doing in a youtube video.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All of my research on this stemmed from my research on another topic that I posted on here a couple years back called the Cejka Files.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To the OP....that is a great read if you ever want to check it out.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There's this old saying that goes..."Where the sun always shines, there's a desert below"
Perpetual sunshine is not desirable at all.
But I'm extremely doubtful about this technology in the first place so....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

He was a psychiatrist, some of his work was well received under peer review...so why wasn't his cloud buster??

Maybe because it's a load of baloney.

What's a psychiatrist doing building a device that stops rain? What's next a physiotherapist building a particle accelerator??

And uhh the 1950's wasn't particularly liberal about things like sex, which a lot of his work was based around. Perhaps he should have gone to court when he was supposed to?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

There's this old saying that goes..."Where the sun always shines, there's a desert below"
Perpetual sunshine is not desirable at all.
But I'm extremely doubtful about this technology in the first place so....

Reich's tech was more about bringing rain to drought areas. He apparently tested it on multiple occasions and it worked.

Here is one account of one of them:

According to Sharaf, p. 379, Bangor's Daily News reported on 24 July 1953: "Dr. Reich and three assistants set up their 'rain-making device off the shore of Grand Lake, near the Bangor hydro-electric dam ... The device, a set of hollow tubes, suspended over a small cylinder, connected by a cable, conducted a 'drawing' operation for about an hour and ten minutes ...
"According to a reliable source in Ellsworth the following climactic changes took place in that city on the night of July 6 and the early morning of July 7: 'Rain began to fall shortly after ten o'clock Monday evening, first as a drizzle and then by midnight as a gentle, steady rain. Rain continued throughout the night, and a rainfall of 0.24 inches was recorded in Ellsworth the following morning.'
"A puzzled witness to the 'rain-making' process said: 'The queerest looking clouds you ever saw began to form soon after they got the thing rolling.' And later the same witness said the scientists were able to change the course of the wind by manipulation of the device."

Granted we are only talking about eyewitnesses and no video of this, but from what I have read on him and from talking to his grand daughter, I believe his machine worked.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He was a psychiatrist, some of his work was well received under peer review...so why wasn't his cloud buster??

Maybe because it's a load of baloney.

What's a psychiatrist doing building a device that stops rain? What's next a physiotherapist building a particle accelerator??

And uhh the 1950's wasn't particularly liberal about things like sex, which a lot of his work was based around. Perhaps he should have gone to court when he was supposed to?

You're more than welcome to read my other thread as I don't want to trash this one up with my posts. There is a lot of info in there about it.

Plenty of psychiatrists were doing experiments in other areas. The cloudbuster was designed after his orgone machine once he realized what he could do with the tech.

Not really asking you to believe me....just from what I have researched I do think it actually worked.

Pretty harsh reaction to a single psychiatrist....worst book burning in US history is no small feat.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia have this technology and openly admit to using it, for pulling rain from other parts of the ME to their own lands.

So I have to agree with you.

newsfeed.time.com...

So yes, weather modification technology is certainly available or at least being studied.

~Tenth
edit on 6/24/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Saudi Arabia have this technology and openly admit to using it, for pulling rain from other parts of the ME to their own lands.

newsfeed.time.com...

So yes, weather modification technology is certainly available or at least being studied.

~Tenth

Interesting that their method is similar to his it sounds like:

As part of a secret program to control the weather in the Middle East, scientists working for the United Arab Emirates government artificially created rain where rain is generally nowhere to be found. The $11 million project, which began in July, put steel lampshade-looking ionizers in the desert to produce charged particles. The negatively charged ions rose with the hot air, attracting dust. Moisture then condensed around the dust and eventually produced a rain cloud. A bunch of rain clouds.

Oddly enough Reich was also a HUGE UFO researcher.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

newsfeed.time.com...

~Tenth

It's a damn shame nobody told California. those poor slobs are going to fry and to think all along, they could have prevented this.

I'd love to see this in action. For me, it would be a paradigm shifting event, should it work.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes, plenty of weather modification techniques are out there, orgone isn't one of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm not familiar enough with either honestly to make an informed decision. I just wanted to point out to those who thought Weather Modification was not really happening, that it is, in various forms. Not to be confused with the C/T word we don't discuss for good reasons

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes, plenty of weather modification techniques are out there, orgone isn't one of them.

To be fair, we aren't even sure cloud seeding actually works. Since you need a cloud that could produce rain to be present in order to make it rain, perhaps it would have rained without help?

I'd love to see someone who believes in this technology do a demonstration. If it really works as advertised, it should be easy to duplicate results. Just think, you and I could build a few, go out west (US-CA coast) promise some rain in exchange for some beads and trinkets, and POOF! we're rich!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm not familiar enough with either honestly to make an informed decision. I just wanted to point out to those who thought Weather Modification was not really happening, that it is, in various forms. Not to be confused with the C/T word we don't discuss for good reasons

~Tenth

I think that is the main hangup with this though. If it really worked, why isn't it in place here?

Or is it........muhahahahahah!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I have a sense of déjà vu..

There's big consequences with meddling with weather in places like the UAE.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Cloud seeding has proven to work in Tasmania..

Doesn't seem to work so well elsewhere...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join