It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA spying: France summons US envoy over Wikileaks claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

France has summoned the US envoy in Paris over claims that the US spied on President Francois Hollande and his two predecessors, officials say.
Whistleblower website Wikileaks reports the US National Security Agency (NSA) spied on Mr Hollande, Nicolas Sarkozy and Jacques Chirac between 2006-12.

NSA spying: France summons US envoy over Wikileaks claims

Sounds like it was broken late last night that France has either a) learned (conclusively) that the U.S. has been eavesdropping on their last three presidents of b) now that it's in the public domain, France has decided to complain about it.

It's curious that it sounds like the French knew it was going on a few years ago, and even talked about complaining, but never did.

And curious that the U.S., apparently anyway, knew the French knew and continued to do it anyway.

I've said it before: it's common knowledge among global powers that everybody is spying on everybody, even allies. But when you get outright caught at it, there's gonna be hell to pay in terms of international relationships and standing. Pretty sad that France seems to have made it clear they knew what was going on and yet the U.S. kept at it.

Then again it's the NSA, so....perhaps not.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Love the way its okay to spy, everyone does it, but when governments get caught at it, watch out!

Buwah, our secrets are supposed to be kept!!!

I wonder what the Privacy Act between allies looks like.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Already posted , nobody cares.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How the hell did I miss that? I legit looked for anything on it.

Need more coffee.

Sorry mods

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Posted as you were typing.

top topics

join