It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woot Woot! Finally, Racism is OVER!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is talk in Oregon about removing Mississippi's state flag.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Racism doesn't apply to just black and white, north and south, look up the definition. NM. I did it for you. Only way to get rid of racism is to get rid of ignorance. Only way to get rid of ignorance is to get rid of people.

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Really, because there have been plenty of racial killers in the past unfortunately. And why have they not brought this debate to the forefront?

Never mind.
I'll just sit back and watch us all lose everything
Won't take long now.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
There is talk in Oregon about removing Mississippi's state flag.

There has been talk of removing it since the 1970s.

In the 1970s, following the racial integration of Mississippi’s public school system and the integration of intercollegiate athletics, the prominence of the battle flag at high school and college sporting events prompted a discomfort and eventually a deep resentment among blacks in whose recent memory the flag was identified with the Ku Klux Klan, the white Citizens' Council, and various hate groups who perpetrated heinous crimes against blacks and hoisted the Rebel flag as a symbol of their belief and commitment to white supremacy.
The simmering public controversy over the Rebel flag exploded at the University of Mississippi in 1983 when John Hawkins, the university’s first black cheerleader, announced that he would not wave or distribute Rebel flags at Ole Miss football games. Friends and foes of the flag engaged in an ongoing public discourse on southern history and heritage, on slavery and racial suppression, on the alleged and actual causes of the Civil War.

Mississippi History

Too bad people don't have the time to educate themselves on the topic...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Can you tell me (because I'm ignorant) another time when one state started talking about removing another states' flag?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Can you tell me (because I'm ignorant) another time when one state started talking about removing another states' flag?

I probably could if I cared to do the research, but to be honest, I'm kind of tired of educating people (not necessarily you) who refuse to do it for themselves, but instead, choose to spout the latest talking point they heard on FOX news. This morning, I have spent entirely on showing facts that directly negate the hyperbole that's RAMPANT on ATS about this topic. I've got other things to do.

If you want to find that out, may I suggest you research it? I don't see the problem, though. Oregon is free to talk about it and has no legal power over another state... Freedom of speech, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But it goes directly to the point where this is not just a SC state flag issue now.

It's a meme.

Frm toys to stores to different states.

It's not just one state. It's not just one flag.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: network dude

www.salon.com...

Actually it was an issue last year...
In South Carolina of all places.

Although, the one defending its presence on a government building appears to be the same woman who now wants it removed...
& she is not a Liberal as far as I know.

The world is topsy turvy.

And to think, all they needed to do is shoot up a church. Well, I guess that will be the way to get things done in the future.

Lesson learned. (still don't' see the point huh?)

Is that an admittance of false flag attacks to push an agenda?

That's not like you Network

Why does it have to be a conspiracy? Hell, all it will take is ONE SOLE INDIVIDUAL SHOOTER with whatever hate he has in his screwed up little head, he can parade around with a rainbow flag, enter an alternative lifestyle bar (see also "gay bar") shoot it up and POOF! we will have to eradicate rainbows from existence as it's a horrible reminder of a hatred we all had to bare witness to.

Think of how Bad God will feel after it rains. NO more rainbows.

The PC crowd does all the work. Dictating public policy based on someone's hurt feelings.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

There is talk in Mississippi about removing Oregon's head!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sadly, you continue to miss the point. The flag is a symbol. In this discussion, it's just a symbol. It's presence or lack thereof will not change anything. (a large part of the point) But the fact that a few crybabies decided to make a stink and use this tragedy as a motivational tool to get their way is the biggest part of the point that you continue to evade.

What's next? the shingles on your house? the hubcaps on your car? Heaven help us if someone oppresses you, but it's fine for others right? (you being the minority making noise)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sadly, you continue to miss the point. The flag is a symbol. In this discussion, it's just a symbol. It's presence or lack thereof will not change anything. (a large part of the point) But the fact that a few crybabies decided to make a stink and use this tragedy as a motivational tool to get their way is the biggest part of the point that you continue to evade.

What's next? the shingles on your house? the hubcaps on your car? Heaven help us if someone oppresses you, but it's fine for others right? (you being the minority making noise)

No one is suggesting that it will change anything. That doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do. The removing of the flag itself can be seen as a symbol. A symbol saying that the state doesn't want to reside in the past with a flag associated with slavery and instead wants to show that it wants to move into the 21st century of equality.

But NAH it's much easier to pretend like this is being pushed as an end all solution to racism. How else can the defenders of it attack the strawmen?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am just proud to be a part if this society. In an amazing blast of genius, "they" decided that removing the Rebel flag form existence would cure all the deep rooted issues of racism. Bravo! Just think if "they" had been this smart back in the 60's!

Now, we can put all that silliness behind us, and move forward as a people united. Somebody grab the bongos, I feel a need to sing Koom By YA!

And for some reason, my knee is sore, oh well.

And for your next week's fun and excitement, we will be removing any and all traces of cotton from the earth. (the last reminder of racism left)

Someone better tell Kanye...he's been wearing it, using it as clothes and props in videos.

Also, someone has a few buttons leftover from the Clinton Gore campaign...using that very same flag.

The history of said flag has it's roots (not saying they're good, not so), not only from who approved it raising, but who instituted it....dig.

I wish Racism was over by merely the dropping of a single flag - even if they were all gathered up and burned, racism would persist...look at our 'dear leader' - race baiting at it's finest.

I expected better from him. He had every opportunity to unify the nation, instead it seems far more racially divided than ever.

Saddens me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The parallels here are mindblowing. In the late 30's a guy named Anslinger organized a small minority and made enough noise that he was able to outlaw a common weed. But that was completely different right?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I know right! Who exactly makes ISIS flags anyway? I mean there must be a company pumping them out, but where is it? I know send a drone to take it out!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

The parallels here are mindblowing. In the late 30's a guy named Anslinger organized a small minority and made enough noise that he was able to outlaw a common weed. But that was completely different right?

Anslinger? The head of the Federal Narcotics Division (the precursor to the DEA) who went on a personal crusade against Marijuana despite NO ONE in the country even caring about the plant? The man who went and used a MASSIVE propaganda disinfo campaign to dupe Congress to pass the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937? That Anslinger?

Perhaps you'd like to point out which head of which federal police authority is using hyperbolic rhetoric to petition Congress to have the confederate flag banned across the country. I'm very curious which sources you'd like to dig up on that to make your example of this being a parallel to that event true.

I like how you completely ignored my rational response to you to continue to promote your fear rhetoric, hyperbole and strawmans though.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the violent implosion and massive chaos of cognitive dissonance that will occur when someone walks into a bakery and asks for a same-sex wedding cake with a big ol' Confederate flag on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Sadly, you continue to miss the point. The flag is a symbol. In this discussion, it's just a symbol. It's presence or lack thereof will not change anything.

I agree with all of that. So what am I missing?

But the fact that a few crybabies decided to make a stink and use this tragedy as a motivational tool to get their way is the biggest part of the point that you continue to evade.

This has been an issue for DECADES. See this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heaven help us if someone oppresses you, but it's fine for others right? (you being the minority making noise)

Who's being oppressed???? I've answered your questions, now PLEASE answer that.

And I don't think the flag should be on a government building, but it doesn't bother me and I don't really care if it's there or not. It's never bothered ME. But I have the open mind to realize that it bothers a LOT of people... And as long as you and I can buy it on a flag, shirts, decals or display it on our lawn, because my government doesn't "ban" it, I'm fine with whatever happens.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So, you don't like memes? Welcome to the Internet world. As long as the government doesn't start telling INDIVIDUALS that we cannot display it, I'm good.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrDesolate
I'm waiting for the violent implosion and massive chaos of cognitive dissonance that will occur when someone walks into a bakery and asks for a same-sex wedding cake with a big ol' Confederate flag on it.

That depends on if the bakery continues to sell cakes with Confederate flags to heterosexual couples now doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Who's being oppressed???? I've answered your questions, now PLEASE answer that.

And I don't think the flag should be on a government building, but it doesn't bother me and I don't really care if it's there or not. It's never bothered ME. But I have the open mind to realize that it bothers a LOT of people... And as long as you and I can buy it on a flag, shirts, decals or display it on our lawn, because my government doesn't "ban" it, I'm fine with whatever happens.

www.nationaljournal.com...

Not sure if you heard about the Vance memorial being vandalized in Asheboro or not. Sure that is just some idiot punks, but tomorrow, perhaps the next day, some lawmaker will be interested in removing it.

Seriously, if you can't see this for what it is, I really do feel sorry for you.

As I said, it's much more than just the flag.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join