It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woot Woot! Finally, Racism is OVER!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am just proud to be a part if this society. In an amazing blast of genius, "they" decided that removing the Rebel flag form existence would cure all the deep rooted issues of racism. Bravo! Just think if "they" had been this smart back in the 60's!

Now, we can put all that silliness behind us, and move forward as a people united. Somebody grab the bongos, I feel a need to sing Koom By YA!

And for some reason, my knee is sore, oh well.

And for your next week's fun and excitement, we will be removing any and all traces of cotton from the earth. (the last reminder of racism left)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Im still a bit racist towards the french so it didn't work.
What should I do?.
But I do agree with them removing it from government property.
edit on 24-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Im still a bit racist towards the french so it didn't work.
What should I do?

Find some hairy-legged French woman and hug her.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just couldn't. ..bloomin surrender monkeys and brother killers waaaaa!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Wrong, the New Zealand All Blacks will always be a form of racism, also black pens and yellow pens - and tip-ex (or white-out).

Also, black pudding, white lights and white-wall tyres on cars.

Also, when choosing colours for your new house, black and white will no longer be available.

Brown pens and pencils, and tree bark - because it looks brown..........and lightening because it is bright and is close to the colour white therefore ban lightening - and mud.

My knee also hurts.

Thankyou very much and good night.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My favorite part is the PC bandwagon that's building.

First it was getting it off government property.

Now it's eBay. Amazon. Walmart. Target. Even NASCAR felt compelled to release a statement, even though they already don't allow the display of the flag at races anymore (I think?).

Even states are banning "Sons of Confederate Veterans" license plates.

Quick, we can score some easy political capital, let's release a statement!

*eyeroll*

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Slaves used to eat Hush Puppies and Lobster. It's time to remove those from existence as well.

The whole idea of having a loud minority dictate the way the majority functions based on a knee jerk reaction is idiotic. If the people of a state wish to display a symbol of their heritage, it's their right. Political Correctness has rounded the corner and is about to infiltrate any and all aspects of our lives.

Why were there mass shootings after columbine but not before? Because the kids who did it were immortalized by the media. Try to forget that you heard this hear first, but once this new imortalization of the one kid who erased the culture of the south all by himself is fully realized, you can expect to see more of this type of crime. Every kid who feels he isn't noticed or loved will be thinking of a way to get his name up in lights.

This irritates me way more than it should. Seeing stupidity in action and not being able to stop it makes you feel a bit helpless.
edit on 24-6-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Flag is more about rebellion, about freedom from government meddling in states affairs. Long forgotten, states rights are why there are states in the Union. Government is supposed to be limited to only raise tariffs and provide for the common defense, period. What we have today is a multi headed hydra with dragons teeth, a medusa of tyranny and oppression (mostly for the rest of the world.)

The guise is racism, just like todays guise for empire building is Muslim 'Extremism'. A war needs a rallying point, the war on individual freedoms and states autonomy is buried forever when the rebel flag is buried. But not in our hearts.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I disagree on the idea that it irritates you "more than it should."

To me this has turned into blatant political pandering, in a big way, in a hurry. I'm interested to see just how far they're going to go with it, because you know full well there's going to be one company that does a little more or one politician who acts a little "tougher" about it and it's going turn into a whizzing contest on who can be the harshest on the subject.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not saying ban the flag at all but flying it on government property is in bad taste in my opinion.
Its like if Germany started flying a nazi flag because it is historical.
edit on 24-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Don't forget "white Christmas."

That one is my favorite so far.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I want to be pc, so from now on the only flag i will care for is the Jolly Roger, its equally black and white and its gender neutral

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So sorry to hear about your "wounded knee".

But I am glad that this has been solved, as I've said before, now all we need to do is ban the ISIS flag and we'll have peace in the Middle East!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yeah, well your favorite pirate cannot be Blackbeard.

It has to be Salt and Pepperbeard.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am just proud to be a part if this society. In an amazing blast of genius, "they" decided that removing the Rebel flag form existence would cure all the deep rooted issues of racism. Bravo! Just think if "they" had been this smart back in the 60's!

Now, we can put all that silliness behind us, and move forward as a people united. Somebody grab the bongos, I feel a need to sing Koom By YA!

And for some reason, my knee is sore, oh well.

And for your next week's fun and excitement, we will be removing any and all traces of cotton from the earth. (the last reminder of racism left)

I think it was a good idea. I don't see the need for sarcasm. There was a cause and a refreshingly good effect. My knee feels fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The Confederate flag has not been removed. THEY haven't decided anything. The governor recommended it be removed. The legislature has to do it and it looks like they may not.

You guys really should know more about the topic...

How many whining threads do we need on this?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Not saying ban the flag at all but flying it on government property is in bad taste in my opinion.
Its like if Germany started flying a nazi flag because it is historical.

I brought this up yesterday.

The death camps in Germany, and surrounding areas still stand. They are there as museums. Constant reminders of what we are capable of. If those are erased from history, in a few short generations, the books will not have that history written in them. It will be too ugly a memory to repeat. And then we can look for history to repeat itself as it has so many times in the past.

I live in the south. I am very well aware of the lingering racism that exists. In my 27 years here, I have seen it get better, but not close to disappearing. But guess what, it's not just the south. The history of slavery, of a dark time in our past where we sub-humanized an entire group based on outside appearance happened, and continues today. Trying to close your eyes to it will not make it go away. Pretending it didn't happen will not make it better. And removing a bit of history will not fix this.

I remember reading about Zeb Vance. A great leader in the civil war. Was he racist? probably. He was a white guy in the south and he had money. Probably owned slaves. So knowing that, we should deface any and all historical landmarks? rename all the towns that bear his namesake? Forget his historical significance because we don't like a portion of his beliefs?

I want equality, I want an end to stupidity and racism. But this is regression, not advancement. this is idiotic.
edit on 24-6-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will find some asian captain to emulate, i cannot tell if most of them are men or women so they are gender neutral too.

Being pc is coming easy to me

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The Confederate flag has not been removed. THEY haven't decided anything. The governor recommended it be removed. The legislature has to do it and it looks like they may not.

You guys really should know more about the topic...

How many whining threads do we need on this?

It's OK, there is a certain type person who just won't get this. I expect that.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I agree but flying it on government property just says to me it's ok to be racist because of our history.
Looks like the flag will be taken down and the process of healing can begin.
Again im not saying ban it or ban history.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join