It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange features on the Giza Plateau.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I think it can be considered that the design indicates something from outside the temple was to be channeled into it, if we look at were the North wall Sphinx temple conduit ends there is seemingly very little going on there, it goes maybe a little into the cliff face but basically it just stops, that cannot be a drain especially if set at a slightly higher level, you could pour water into that pit which has been excavated into the bedrock around it which would trickle into the temple but why bother...

If we're talking about a conduit into the temple for electricity from a battery powered source the set up makes sense, place batteries in pit connect to wiring leading into the temple, cover over and job done.

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Again consider that the conduit leads to nowhere, it couldn't drain anything away.
edit on Kam630174vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday2430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

I understand what you're saying, it would help to know the pitch of each one. If theyre the same or similar, than it having a pitch would likely indicate something. Water needs to flow down and gas needs to rise. As you've stated though this channel seemingly leads to a wall, which than leads back to electrical. Great place for a fuse box.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It makes you wonder really.....

In that open area at the end of the wall the channel leads to, how many Baghdad batteries could you fit? Although the current is low with modern tests, if they knew how to make batteries surely they learned to connect them in series to increase voltage. Or if they could get enouh juice than they could be ran in parallel giving it more constant and longer lasting charge.

Once you achieved the voltage you need you could run multiple lights off of one circuit in series.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

'Baghdad batteries' were sealed though, containing scrolls. There's no evidence that they were ever used to generate electricity, or that the Egyptians had any clue of the potential.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

'Baghdad batteries' were sealed though, containing scrolls. There's no evidence that they were ever used to generate electricity, or that the Egyptians had any clue of the potential.

That may or may not be the case, but a modern experiment recreating the "battery" and filling it with orange juice was capable of powering a low watt bulb. So in theory the idea is sound regardless. Sometimes things are invented only to discover later a much better use for it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yes they could have had the inside of those temples looking like Santa's grotto, there seems to have been the requirement to keep the power source just outside the temple proper, most likely as the chemists/physicians involved in their maintainence wouldn't have been allowed inside.

An explanation that at least makes sense of the archaeology even though there's no other evidence for chemical batteries dating that far back. Even with the Denderah lightbulb debate i did consider here that there is a lot of other circumstantial evidence at Denderah for an interest in coils and cables and the power of the Atum in general.

a reply to: admirethedistance

If the mineral gunk at the Southern wall sphinx temple conduit was analyzed and turned out to have been a feasible battery solution when in liquid form it would be case closed.

edit on Kpm630174vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday2430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
If the mineral gunk at the Southern wall sphinx temple conduit was analyzed and turned out to have been a feasible battery solution when in liquid form it would be case closed.

Agreed. It would be quite interesting to see such an analysis done.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Temple's suggestion that as a hidden architectural feature similar (if not identical) to those used at the other Giza temples it therefore demonstrates these temples all originated from the same time frame makes a great deal of sense. It seems a stretch to infer these channels are related to the true location of any royal tombs, in my humble opinion.

Mark Lehner and Rick Brown (another egyptologist) gave an interview talking about one of the methods the AE would use to abrade the face of a block or a floor. They would cut out parallel channels, like the ones you see in the OP, then go back with a flat chisel and blast out all the material in between. The workers carving the channels were skilled and would keep the bottom of the channel to the proper depth, the unskilled workers would just have to remove stone between the channels to match. The floor blocks these channels show up in may have just been reused from elsewhere, and since these slabs were going to be buried beneath a finished floor there wasn't too great a concern over the channels, which might explain why they don't slope to anywhere or start/stop at a midpoint. There are plenty of examples found throughout the Giza plateau of Egyptians changing design directions during construction of a temple or pyramid.

UM has a thread on this that's like 2 years old, but nothing worth repeating came up in that thread. Just another mystery related to the AE temple construction.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

So the photo in the OP that has the blocks tightly fitted even still, the premiss of leaving the stones would be overage? Or intentionally laid to not create a weakness in the foundation? Even if the case, why make the blocks within the channel so perfectly tight? (At least from the photos appearance) unless I'm misunderstanding or Not visualizing correctly what you're saying. Just that if I was using fill, I wouldn't concern myself with its appearance.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Even though they have no metal around them they look like a waveguide. When transmitting Radar at a high power we don't use wires. We use waveguides that the signal travels through. The signals can travel around corners but the size and orientation of the waveguide to the signal must be very tight. If the size is wrong in any way the signal can degrade and distort. IF and it's a big IF they were used as waveguides were they sending in signals or broadcasting them out? Take a look at the size of the slots at different locations. If the size is the same it makes it tempting to imagine it's use. The size of the pathway would indicate the frequency it was designed to be a conduit for.
I don't have enough knowledge about the properties of granite in regard to Radio Frequency control. Anyone else out there have any inclination about the use of rock waveguides?
Interesting observation.
Good post. At the least it opens up a new line of thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Suggesting that shared architectural features can date a structure is simply silly IMHO.

My house has roof tiles. They are nearly identical to roof tiles used by the roman empire.

The roman empire existed two thousand years ago. My house dates from the 1980s.

P

And the Romans used kiln-dried two-by-four pine sandwiched between sheets of gypsum board for their interior walls?

Harte

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. Cool, intriguing stuff. Nothing to add here, at least past sensible bedtime, but great read and replies conversation. S&F'd.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

Makes me think of this:

The picture is taken from this phys.org article from 23 Jun 2015:

Ultralow-power circuit improves efficiency of energy harvesting to more than 80 percent

What with the electric properties of the granite used for those channels. Energy harvesting does come to mind. I know I am not the first to make the circuitry comparison but I think this very recent article illustrates the concept beautifully.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Well as some people see to be going down the electric cable route, IF they could manufacture such a thing I am sure they would have found an easier way of protecting it.

Also as the Egyptians used hieroglyphics and painted images to show scenes like this

Why don't we see any REAL evidence of the wonderful claims made on sites like ours

There seems to be a NEED by certain people for ancient people on Earth to be more advanced than they seem.

I mean how often have we seen claims re the blocks and precision they were laid to be exaggerated and then the claims that we cant do things as accurately today, in an age were we can write with ATOMS!

I blame Stargate SG1 oh and please remember Indiana Jones is not a documentary

edit on 25-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

What electric properties? Despite what Ancient Aliens would have people believe, granite works (remarkably well) as an insulator, not a conductor. Of course, any other rock does as well...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

That was just something i noted that the shared similarity of features removes any doubt about the sphinx temple dating to around the same period as the others at Giza.

I don't think the channels have been used from elsewhere as they're all pretty consistent in their underfloor positioning and leading from just outside temple walls to the inside, there was deliberation involved.

This is the example of Khafre's valley temple with the conduit leading beneath the Western wall;

a reply to: wmd_2008

There's example of copper wiring/tubing from Catal Hoyuk dating back around 6,500 years in the context of jewellry, i don't think the Egyptians would have had any problems manufacturing such, and the channel constructs look like an ideal way to have fed wiring beneath and into a building, it's a lot more open to question what they could have managed to run off any generated current.

a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I'm not ready to go down the route of the ancient Egyptians harnessing the energy of the entire world...

edit on Kam630175vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2530 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I applaud you for bringing up and considering the electric/wiring angle, without proclaiming it to be fact. I agree, that such an explanation would seem to fit with what is seen, but I'm sure there are many other explanations that would fit as well, even if we haven't come up with them yet.

I remain open to the possibility that the Egyptians may have used low levels of electricity for some as-yet unknown purpose, but without any hard evidence, the idea is nothing more than speculation. Interesting speculation, but speculation nonetheless.

edit on 6/25/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: pheonix358
Suggesting that shared architectural features can date a structure is simply silly IMHO.

My house has roof tiles. They are nearly identical to roof tiles used by the roman empire.

The roman empire existed two thousand years ago. My house dates from the 1980s.

P

And the Romans used kiln-dried two-by-four pine sandwiched between sheets of gypsum board for their interior walls?

Harte

Uh,you forgot fiberglass insulation and romex!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Temple's suggestion that as a hidden architectural feature similar (if not identical) to those used at the other Giza temples it therefore demonstrates these temples all originated from the same time frame makes a great deal of sense. It seems a stretch to infer these channels are related to the true location of any royal tombs, in my humble opinion.

I agree, it is unlikely, given the AE belief system at that time, that they would have place tombs below the floor of the pyramids. I initially wondered whether it was part of a sanitation system used during the construction, a urinal of some sort, or similarly, a means of delivering water for drinking etc while construction work was taking place. I still think that that is a possibility. However, given the alignment of the channel I am also wondering if it is related to the pedj shes and was used to run the merkhet through.

How did this astronomically based surveying work in practice? The British Egyptologist IES Edwards argued that true north was probably found by measuring the place where a particular star rose and fell in the west and east, then bisecting the angle between these two points. More recently, however, Kate Spence, an Egyptologist at the University of Cambridge, has put forward a convincing theory that the architects of the Great Pyramid sighted on two stars (b-Ursae Minoris and z-Ursae Majoris), rotating around the position of the north pole, which would have been in perfect alignment in around 2467 BC, the precise date when Khufu's pyramid is thought to have been constructed. This hypothesis is bolstered by the fact that inaccuracies in the orientations of earlier and later pyramids can be closely correlated with the degree to which the alignment of the two aforementioned stars deviates from true north.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Just saying, Granite is a 'good' electrical conductor under certain conditions:
gji.oxfordjournals.org...

Granite & Limestone both have electrical capabilities, but I cannot say in what magnitude it is possible to put much current through it as a conductor.
And you have to harness the energy first, too.

But it's interesting they used stones from miles away for those projects. And especially limestone and granite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join