It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Lee From “Dukes of Hazzard” Losing Its Confederate Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Liquesence

Don't say that too loudly, they just might try.

Take some pointers from ISIS and start wiping all this stuff off the face of the earth. That would be sadly ironic, wouldn't it?

Thank God I'm not the only person who has open eyes. It's exactly what totalitarian regimes do...destroy the past and destroy what offends them.

No one is destroying any part of the past. Warner Brothers is just removing this flag from the car. The flag still exists and can be bought all over the country rather easily.

Plus the government isn't doing ANYTHING for or against this. This is a private company implementing a private decision. Isn't that what conservatives are supposed to be championing? Companies dictating their own policies?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

"Idiot PC er's ruin another classic icon." The next headline in my personal newspaper, give them enough time and breathing wrong will be a crime. If they focused more on actually helping people maybe things and certain people wouldn't be as dumb as they are now. Then again that's probably a waste of hope.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Maybe ISIS will come over and blow it up for them.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I said I did not remember, not that there were none. Interesting enough that there was not a singular regular black that was part of the actual story line, though?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Knightrider will be banned next as Kitt is black but speaks with a white, gay accent.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sickens me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Wasn't there a commercial with the car and the actors in it recently, like in the last few weeks it was airing? It was ok then but not now?

Id swear I've seen this in the last few days but maybe I was just imagining it.

Yes there is commercial currently with the original actors, and the car. It is a car commercial, but I can't recall if the flag is ever seen in it, for some reason I don't remember any decals on the car.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum

"Idiot PC er's ruin another classic icon." The next headline in my personal newspaper, give them enough time and breathing wrong will be a crime. If they focused more on actually helping people maybe things and certain people wouldn't be as dumb as they are now. Then again that's probably a waste of hope.

Certain people like to be as dumb as possible.

It helps get more hand outs and not have to do anything to be a productive member of society.
edit on 24-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It seems like most people I meet agree this politically correct mindset has gone to far. Even liberal left leaning people I know think it's gone to far.

So tell me, where is this coming from? Who is pushing this so hard, and how do they make it appear so many people support this?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sigh. They ARE government buildings - owned by the State of Georgia.

Stone mountain is a PARK, not a government building.
Confederate Hall is a MUSEUM, not a government building.

"We only want a symbol removed from a FEW things! RAWR!!!"

I don't care if it's removed or not. I'm not offended by it and it's never bothered me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It seems like most people I meet agree this politically correct mindset has gone to far. Even liberal left leaning people I know think it's gone to far.

So tell me, where is this coming from? Who is pushing this so hard, and how do they make it appear so many people support this?

Give someone something to be fanatical about and they will follow and support. The liberal left is who pushed this agenda in the first place....now they are seeing the fruits of their labor. Reminds me of religious fanatics about gays and whatnot....now it is all about the PC crap and people getting their feelings hurt.

Wussification of America!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It's a very vocal, small group of people that is pushing this issue. The unfortunate part is that is that we have become so afraid of being called a racist or bigot that we do not stand up and tell these people to quit being a bunch of whiners and get over it.

This is what we get for being a nation of sissies.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Sigh. They ARE government buildings - owned by the State of Georgia.

Stone mountain is a PARK, not a government building.
Confederate Hall is a MUSEUM, not a government building.

"We only want a symbol removed from a FEW things! RAWR!!!"

I don't care if it's removed or not. I'm not offended by it and it's never bothered me.

I see - so we draw the line at actual buildings owned by the government - parks owned by the government do not apply.

What about buildings owned by the government within parks with offensive names like "Confederate Hall?"

The offices of the agency that cares for Stone Mountain are in that building. Should we rename it?

I'm just trying to understand liberal hysterics - help me here.

Is it really that selective outrage is the current raison d'etre that is sure seems to be?

Hmmm....we can be outraged by a flag, we can be outraged by a picture of a flag on a car, but we are not to be outraged by parks and museums.

GOT IT!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

OMG! "Government building" MEANS something.

a building that houses a branch of government

DIctionary

NOT parks, museums (like Confederate Hall), not rocks, or cars, or anything else. JUST government buildings.

I am not outraged in the least. You can be outraged by whatever you want. As I have said, I don't care about the stupid car. OR a flag, OR parks and museums.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's a very vocal, small group of people that is pushing this issue.

Two-thirds of Americans is a "small group"???

Following the racially charged shooting at a South Carolina church, nearly two-thirds of Americans believe the Confederate flag should be removed from all government buildings.

However, 1 out of ever 5 Americans still support the public display of the Confederate flag, according to a new poll from the left-leaning Center for American Progress Action Fund.
Source

And who's whining? Look at all the whining threads about this.

I totally support the public display of the flag, just not on government buildings (that house branches of government).
edit on 6/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm just trying to understand liberal hysterics

Why does it seem that every single issue must always come down to one's political point of view? It is frustrating to come in to a thread to read the discussion and there is always someone boo-hoo'ing about fricken liberals.

This entire issue is not liberal in origin. It is a small group of people doing this. Not a party, not an ideology.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well poop! Now I've got the Dukes of Hazzard theme song stuck in my head.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I understand your position and respect that. I agree that there is too much whining all around on this issue.

My point is that it is a small group of people, not 2/3rds of America, that is pushing the issue in South Carolina. I did not say how many people agreed or disagreed with it. Only those that are pushing the agenda.

Overall, I couldn't care less. Fly the flag, or don't. It is of no consequence to me. I do not attach myself to symbols like many others do.

I'm tired of people always finding something to whine about.
edit on 24-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Wasn't there a commercial with the car and the actors in it recently, like in the last few weeks it was airing? It was ok then but not now?

Id swear I've seen this in the last few days but maybe I was just imagining it.

Yes there is commercial currently with the original actors, and the car. It is a car commercial, but I can't recall if the flag is ever seen in it, for some reason I don't remember any decals on the car.

Someone posted the commercial on page one...the flag is not on the car.

So judging by this thread, that should outrage some people because autotrader made the logical choice of not putting a racist symbol in their commercial.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Two thirds of Americans are going to "drive" legislatures to change.

Well, lots of people sure are whining about this flag being removed from a TOY!
edit on 6/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join