It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Lee From “Dukes of Hazzard” Losing Its Confederate Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Say goodbye to the General Lee as you’ve always known it.

In the wake of the deadly South Carolina shooting and the decision by several major retailers to stop selling merchandise featuring the Confederate battle flag, the toy spawned by the hit TV series “Dukes of Hazzard” that became a Southern icon wearing those colors will no longer be produced.

While the car hasn’t been in front of a camera since 2007 — a direct-to-video sequel of the 2005 movie starring Johnny Knoxville — the General Lee remains a popular die-cast and model toy, widely available online. (One of the original cars used in the series sold for $110,000 at auction in 2012 to PGA golfer Bubba Watson.)

I knew it'd be next in their witchhunt. IMO, all these companies are removing it as a preemptive measure to keep the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson off their backs.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Wasn't there a commercial with the car and the actors in it recently, like in the last few weeks it was airing? It was ok then but not now?

Id swear I've seen this in the last few days but maybe I was just imagining it.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Oh ffs..I really hate the PC crowd... Yet another piece of my childhood memories gone.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is just stupid. The General Lee is about as iconic as a car can get, and the rebel flag has always been a part of it; No racism involved. Without it, it's not the damn General Lee.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is, next it will be a witch hunts to outlaw blondes, which wouldn't actually bother me anyways since i'm not blonde.. chuckle. Oh what a messed up society this is. Im surprised people are still bending over taking this #e.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
General Lame

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just hope that this dumb decision causes a serious drop in the sales of their die-cast toys, models, and whatever else they sell. After all, why pay the inflated price for a piece of licensed merchandise, when it's basically just a damn orange car now. Idiots.
edit on 6/24/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw one of the restored originals a couple of years ago. Shooter Jennings was driving it at the time. I was under the impression that he owned it but he might have been leasing it for the summer tour. I'm doubting he would remove the flag.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
I just hope that this dumb decision causes a serious drop in the sales of their die-cast toys, models, and whatever else they sell. After all, why pay the inflated price for a piece of licensed merchandize, when it's basically just a damn car now. Idiots.

I agree. I might even buy a few confederate flags, they may be worth something in the future whether or not i agree with people that it's politically correct or not they can KMA 'metaphorically speaking' lol. It's all gotten out of control. I'm actually sick of this society we call Democracy. It's not Democracy it's Insanity.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yep. If this ends up lasting, the toys with the rebel flag still on them will probably go up in price too.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
a reply to: awareness10

Yep. If this ends up lasting, the toys with the rebel flag still on them will probably go up in price too.

I did a search a few hrs ago on amazon for the confederate flag in USA and in CANADA and there was plenty available, then about 3 hrs ago i did another search and 80% of them had all but disappeared. That is the power of media in the wrong hands. Its sickening.

The problem here is, the Media can outlaw and demonize anything they want based on the Minority. There is something seriously wrong with our society and it needs to be addressed by sane people in power, not billionaires who happen to be psychopathic freaks.
edit on 6/24/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Typical knee jerk reaction to a problem , America's race problems run deeper than a flag.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
go to any flea market in any county in any state and im sure you will be able to find a confederate flag.
it will always be around.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well good! Haven't they caused enough hardship with their racism?

On a serious note, W T F?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I suppose it's easier than making sure people have adequate mental health care, job prospects, education etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I guess I should buy a giant Confederate battle flag while I still can.

Next, they'll be wanting to rename the car to the General Grant.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Who cares what the media dunderheads spew, we all know they rewrite history all day long.

Theres your sign…

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Wasn't there a commercial with the car and the actors in it recently, like in the last few weeks it was airing? It was ok then but not now? Id swear I've seen this in the last few days but maybe I was just imagining it.

yea there is Auto Trader, they made one and have broke it into two or three of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

What "witch hunt"? It's a free choice by the company. What's the problem? This is the Free Market in practice. From your link:

We have elected to cease the licensing of these product categories.
while the show continues in reruns, there’s not been much movement toward another movie or TV series out of the “Dukes of Hazzard” universe. Much like that flag on its roof, the original General Lee has jumped into history.

If anyone thinks this is a free speech issue, they are admitting they don't know what Free Speech means.
edit on 6/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join