It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Patent 20060134611 A1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Bet you're wondering what that is folks ?

That right there is a drawing from a US patent that was patented in 2004 .

*drum roll please *

A condom device for detecting STD's comprising an outer layer having open pores positioned along the surface of the outer layer. The condom device includes an inner layer positioned opposite the outer layer. An intermediate layer is positioned between the outer layer and the inner layer. The intermediate layer receives bodily fluid for testing of pre-determined STD's. An indicator is positioned against at least one of the outer layer and the inner layer, wherein the indicator changes color to notify the wearer of a positive STD test result.

That's right ! a condom that detects STd's . by changing color ! if an STD is detected !

Condoms are used for several purposes ranging from the prevention of sexually transmitted disease (STD) to the prevention of pregnancy. Regardless of the purpose, a condom must maintain durability to serve the particular purpose for which it is being utilized. The vast majority of condoms have been primarily constructed to prevent the transmission of STD's via the use of prophylactic material to prevent the exchange of bodily fluid between consenting partners. However, most condom devices do not serve the purpose of alerting a user of the presence of a particular STD's. For example, condoms are constructed primarily to protect the user from the transmission of a STD by preventing the exchange of bodily fluid. However, in the event of breakage, the wearer is exposed to bodily fluids and consequently is not provided with any notification of the presence of any types of STD after breakage. Additionally, the likelihood of a condom being damaged via a rupture or breakage increases during usage, thereby increasing the chances of possible exposure.

Condom devices can be ineffective for the purpose of prevention of the detection of sexually transmitted diseases because many of the devices available in the prior art fail to adequate notified the user of the presence of a condom break and subsequent notification of the presence of a particular sexually transmitted disease. In consequence, many individuals experience condom breakage and are not informed of their possible exposure to life threatening sexually transmitted diseases.

Condom devices that are utilized to provide a means to detect condom breaks should provide an indicator means to detect the presence of a sexually transmitted disease before breakage occurs, where oftentimes it is too late. Many STD's provide no symptoms or signs for several months, and condom experience failure rates of approximately 17%. Accordingly, there exists a need for an improved condom device that can be utilized to detect and notify a user of the presence of a particular sexually transmitted disease, while also providing increased strength and durability.

Say what ! ?

n one embodiment of the present invention, the condom device can include an indicator means. The indicator means can provide notice of a positive test result via a color change utilizing a particular color to indicate a positive result for a corresponding disease. For instance, upon detection of a particular disease, the indicator means can change color, such as violet or photoluminescent, to indicate a positive test result. The indicator means can also detect a damage or breakage in the outer or inner layer of the condom device. Upon the detection of a particular STD or breakage, an indicator means can be utilized to notify the wearer. The color change can be based on any adequate testing means such as measuring ph changes, pressure gradients, toxic measurements or other suitable method. The indicator means can be utilized to notify the wearer of the presence of STD's, such as AIDS, herpes, chlamydia or other testable STD.

Ok , Ok , Ok ... So my question is "What happened with this patent "?

After reading over all the detail of how this thing works I am convinced it's plausible. So what's holding them back from getting this thing out !

I am no medical expert on STD's but I would assume it has to do with the detection process . I would think that its not that simple to just obtain STD result that quick , maybe they are working on it ?

However on the side of "leak detection " i can fully see that being promising . Simple really have the condom change color if any bodily fluids get past barrier layer . Makes sens to me ...

please read more here its very interesting ,at least to me anyway .

Your thoughts ?

Kap
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is it a coincidence that you posted it, and trending on Reddit now is this article from Independent UK:

www.independent.co.uk... ool-pupils-10339578.html

A condom that changes colour when it comes into contact with STIs has been invented by a group of school pupils

he 'S.T.EYE' has a built-in indicator to detect infections such as chlamydia and syphilis, turning a different colour depending on the strain of bacteria present.
It is the brainchild Daanyaal Ali, 14, Muaz Nawaz, 13 and Chirag Shah, 14, pupils at Isaac Newton Academy in Ilford, Essex, who wanted to "make detecting harmful STIs safer than ever before" without the need for invasive tests.
You may think awkward post-coital silences are common enough as it is - but the group's ingenuity has been recognised with an award, the TeenTech gong for best health innovation. Daanyall said: "We created the S.T.EYE as a new way for STI detection to help the future of the next generation.

That's from today, and the patent cited here is from 2004.
The article tells us these teens were awarded for their "brainchild" this week, but it was patented in 2004 by someone else?
edit on 24-6-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Read that top comment on Reddit.

News seems to be on a bit of a spin .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

After reading over all the detail of how this thing works I am convinced it's plausible. So what's holding them back from getting this thing out !
I am no medical expert on STD's but I would assume it has to do with the detection process . I would think that its not that simple to just obtain STD result that quick , maybe they are working on it ?

Yes, the patent refers vaguely to a "reactant" which will detect the diseases. Perhaps they have yet to figure that part out.

or, since this is ATS, perhaps the patent was bought out by powers that wish to exercise a form of eugenics, by allowing STDs to proliferate amongst the lowly population.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ecapsretuo

Yes, the patent refers vaguely to a "reactant" which will detect the diseases. Perhaps they have yet to figure that part out.

or, since this is ATS, perhaps the patent was bought out by powers that wish to exercise a form of eugenics, by allowing STDs to proliferate amongst the lowly population.

I like the latter one , fits right in .....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This invention is rather idiotic. Of course, most ideas get patented "just in case".
The only use for this product would be that of an sex worker who provides a "get a sexy std-check".

If a kit is available for std-checks, it should be used outside of sex if you are concerned about your partner's stds. Why put it in a condom?

Also, the idea of multiple layers is usually a bad idea from a friction point of view.

Finally, the lack of sensation should be catastrophic as it's obviously even worse than that of a regular condom.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Anything to maintain
a healthy population
is good in my book.

Even though I'm
a bareback rider myself,
I'll cinch down a western
saddle when necessary.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Population Control Buddy....Agenda 21.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ok , Ok , Ok ... So my question is "What happened with this patent "?

It would probably sell better as a stick.
Stick it in there, if it changes color, "run away, killer _ _ _ _ _ (insert animal word other than rabbit here)".
If no color change occurs, the need for a condom has suddenly decreased. (I'm snipped)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

immediately upon gazing at the pic...I thought...a cock piece of some kind
Goes to show a frame of mind I guess

new topics

top topics

join