It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the US flag as well.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This will be the revisionists next move, and they won't stop until all of our history is wiped out and rewritten the way they see fit.

The people who are behind this are deranged and warped minded internationalists.

People like George Soros, there is no end to their madness. What happen to the patriots of this Country? We have become so weak. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrptr

Apparently Annee here doesn't think they are that stupid..rightwingnews.com...

Ahhhh! Next time, give me a warning before flashing that face so I can steel myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

In reality, as stated by USA Today, the alleged fight against ISIS, another group with documented ties to the West, is merely about creating an opposing force to bring down the Assad government.

“Their primary mission will be to protect their towns and villages from ISIL fighters,” USA Today states. “Eventually, they are also envisioned to become a viable opposition to the regime of President Bashar Assad.”

As admitted by retired four-star General Wesley Clark in 2007, the overthrow of Syria has been a goal of the Pentagon since at least 2001.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah, you sure will wait for my apology - you'll wait a long freakin' time. Yes, horrible thing were done, and are being done right now, in name of the USA. I'm not sure how that relates to a state officially gloriifying the actions of a failed rebellion. But hey, if YOU do, rave on.

In reply to: yuppa

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
Yeah, you sure will wait for my apology - you'll wait a long freakin' time. Yes, horrible thing were done, and are being done right now, in name of the USA. I'm not sure how that relates to a state officially gloriifying the actions of a failed rebellion. But hey, if YOU do, rave on.

In reply to: yuppa

I personally dont support slavery in any form. i see the flag as nothing but a peice of heritage only. You have to accept the bad with the good to fully move on which so many are not doing. Those who do not learn from their past will repeat it. Did you read the first pages to see my explanation?Prolly not since you wont apologize right?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrptr

Apparently Annee here doesn't think they are that stupid..rightwingnews.com...

People say a lot of things. Like, the world will end if we allow Gays equal rights.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And the Army responds to a nonexistant story,AKA, YES liberals ARE that rediculous and the story WAS factual despite YOUR attempt to minimize their ignorant influence.

www.military1.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When the United States was taking their land (of the native Americans) and - the rest of the world, it was not the 'United States yet. It was, and still is - 'The Empire' - the UK (English, Scottish, etc.) and Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, France, etc.).

I guess we should ban all of those flags as well..

edit on 26-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm going back to my nap. Somebody wake me when y'all get through "reconstucting" the south and it's citizens. 150 years of Reconstruction, and you're still banging your heads against the wall, trying to reconstruct us.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What specifically should I apologize for ? Not agreeing with you? For not thinking your point about the US flag being as offensive as the star and bars is valid? The shameful acts perpetrated by the US on the indigenous people of North America cannot be ignored - agreed. Those acts were carried out by the US though, not a breakaway rebellion bent on the continuation of slavery. The nation, as a whole, bares that shame. Getting rid of our flag will not erase those sins. The star and bars do not, and never did, represent this nation, the USA. It actually represented, at the time of its creation, one confederate army - an army of traitors. If individuals want to wear, bare, waive, tattoo the stars and bars, go ahead. They'll only identify themselves as members of a very specific demographic, as is their right. State governments do not have that right.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: icewater

Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

No one is "banning" the Confederate Battle Flag. Many people, myself included, simply feel that it should not be flown at any State building. Not that big of a deal except for racists, really.

Except there are companies banning the confederate flag. Amazon apparently is looking at banning books with a confederate flag portrayed on the cover. Apple is banning game Apps about the Civil War because they portray a confederate flag. This has gone beyond ludicrous. We are into "1984" stuff now. Book burning....yeah that is a good idea. Anything that refers to the Civil War is being banished apparently. The one War in our history we never want to forget, lest we repeat it. The one war that shaped our country in so many ways I can't mention them here, from the Industrial Revolution to the Constitution. Someone somewhere will eventually construct an argument that the Constitution is racist and should be banned and re-written. I would bet my next pay check someone somewhere (a liberal democrat no doubt) right now is trying to write that very argument and will roll it out in the near future. That way they can get rid of all of that inconvenient stuff like guns and free speech. You just watch....

Refusing to sell something is the right of any vendor or purveyor of goods. It's simple market feedback. What would you do, force Amazon to sell them?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No one is "banning" the Confederate Battle Flag. Many people, myself included, simply feel that it should not be flown at any State building. Not that big of a deal except for racists, really.

Of course not Jaffo, but I think they are not reacting to market conditions. Their sales on confederate related items skyrocketed after the confederate flag thing came up. They are engaging in social engineering. Pure and simple.

Except there are companies banning the confederate flag. Amazon apparently is looking at banning books with a confederate flag portrayed on the cover. Apple is banning game Apps about the Civil War because they portray a confederate flag. This has gone beyond ludicrous. We are into "1984" stuff now. Book burning....yeah that is a good idea. Anything that refers to the Civil War is being banished apparently. The one War in our history we never want to forget, lest we repeat it. The one war that shaped our country in so many ways I can't mention them here, from the Industrial Revolution to the Constitution. Someone somewhere will eventually construct an argument that the Constitution is racist and should be banned and re-written. I would bet my next pay check someone somewhere (a liberal democrat no doubt) right now is trying to write that very argument and will roll it out in the near future. That way they can get rid of all of that inconvenient stuff like guns and free speech. You just watch....

Refusing to sell something is the right of any vendor or purveyor of goods. It's simple market feedback. What would you do, force Amazon to sell them?

Of course not Jaffo, but Amazon's sales sky rocketed right after the confederate flag thing came up so it is not "simple market feedback". Rather, it is social engineering.
edit on 26-6-2015 by icewater because: original post did not show up.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
well that American flag was also there when aid was brought to many disaster areas, to the sick and the hungry.

www.wearethemighty.com...

America is Often in the top position when it comes to giving.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
I'm going back to my nap. Somebody wake me when y'all get through "reconstucting" the south and it's citizens. 150 years of Reconstruction, and you're still banging your heads against the wall, trying to reconstruct us.

Technically "Reconstruction" only lasted for about 10 years. Then the conservatives of the time launched a political movement called the "Redeemers" who fought back against Reconstruction & implemented the Jim Crow/Segregation laws. The "Redeemers" were aided by white supremacist groups like the "White League", "Red Shirts", and the original KKK.

Oh, and that original KKK was founded by former Confederate soldiers.

EDIT: Wow, I just looked at one of the pictures in the "Reconstruction Era" link. Tell me that people don't use the same talking points today when talking about African Americans.
upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 26-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: clarification

edit on 26-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added a link to a pic

edit on 26-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ban dead people

Memphis Mayor Wants to Literally Dig Up Confederate General and Move Him
www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
North Charleston officer fired for posing in rebel flag underwear?

really???

link

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn
North Charleston officer fired for posing in rebel flag underwear?

really???

link[/quote ]

yes I saw that

Did he do something illegal?

edit on 053030p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

yeah he did. he is a racist!

seems like this week america has been murdered.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
What specifically should I apologize for ? Not agreeing with you? For not thinking your point about the US flag being as offensive as the star and bars is valid? The shameful acts perpetrated by the US on the indigenous people of North America cannot be ignored - agreed. Those acts were carried out by the US though, not a breakaway rebellion bent on the continuation of slavery. The nation, as a whole, bares that shame. Getting rid of our flag will not erase those sins. The star and bars do not, and never did, represent this nation, the USA. It actually represented, at the time of its creation, one confederate army - an army of traitors. If individuals want to wear, bare, waive, tattoo the stars and bars, go ahead. They'll only identify themselves as members of a very specific demographic, as is their right. State governments do not have that right.

No i wanted a apology for basically calling me a racist. One mans traitor is another mans PAtriot and Lincoln had it out for the south so of course history books paint them as traitors. Also State governments are made up of the electorate and they DO have the right to Identify as specific groups. If they coudnt then calling yourself a American should also be not allowwed right?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No, they thought you were serious because they hate the American flag as well. Hey, why not go with a smiley face on a field of happy little clouds?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join