It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the US flag as well.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yes.
Can't we just cut to the chase and ban everything?

Let's just get to that point where they force us to live in cells at our workplaces/prisons, forbid speaking and just wear pastel uniforms with slogans of tolerance on them.

We'll eat the lab-created cubed soy/"meat" and dutifully spend our heavily taxed incomes into some form of charity or consumer lauded product on a daily basis.

Really, they should just remove our eyes as well. The things we can do with eyes.

Thanks for this post though, OP. Needed to be said for sure!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

A German named Tyrkr came here with Leif Erikson. he went farther "into the unknown" than the Vikings did, too. He was the one who discovered the grape vines that gave Vinland it's name, and brought samples back to the Viking settlement. It seems Germans were going into the American unknown a significant length of time before the British ever even considered it

So what?

Neil Armstrong went to the Moon. Robert Falcon Scott went to The South Pole. They both did bugger all with either.

The last time i checked The Vikings and The Germans never set up and maintained Colonies in The America's.
The hard work comes with establishing and running a colony. The Vikings and Germans where just holiday makers.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I smell a something, Camelot is that you? I thought the bull# died a couple of months ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

?????????????.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ban everything!

The globalists are struggling to keep the devolving Western populations brainwashed with its policies and legislations that serve to simply further the cause of a one world government over lands with no borders, not for anything humble as "enriching diversity", but to simply release restrictions on moving drones, cheap consumer drones without identity, work, consume, reproduce....repeat. They are looking to destroy national identity, looking to destroy all religion, looking to destroy all cultures.

If you all agree with this, then good for you.

My personal opinion is that a global war will take place before this happens anyway, but that's my personal opinion. So let them ban flags, if they think this will silence dissident voices or even stop any form of dissident activity, then they are massively mistaken, history has proven this but in my mind, that is what they want. They want the activity to not just continue, to increase, become nationwide, then you'll see a real police state.

Look at what they allow people to shout and scream about, then look at what you are absolutely not allowed to talk about, not allowed to question, not allowed to utter any words of perceived opposition towards...

The real truth about the real world, is the reality that they fear us realising.
edit on 25-6-2015 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Ideals makes society something ure good at, we call it fantasies in Scandinavia.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

Ideals makes society something ure good at, we call it fantasies in Scandinavia.

You have lost me completely. Must be the translation.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

oh f*** it, the vikings are coming, did you understand that?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

oh f*** it, the vikings are coming, did you understand that?

Do you mean like the last time?

en.wikipedia.org...

Bring it on.

edit on 25-6-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheIceQueen

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: nenothtu
Of course you don't ! I wouldn't, either, if I were in your shoes, so it's understandable to feign ignorance of the matter. Keeps one form having to respond to difficult questions.

I swear, I'm going to quit asking for clarification on here. I am not "feigning" ignorance, I just don't understand you point. I make it a personal policy to either answer questions, ask for clarification or at least say I'm not going to answer.

So, never mind.

Fair enough. Have a nice day then.

For future reference, when "asking for clarification", it often helps to... ask for clarification.

For your edification in this "question", however, I will elucidate just a bit - you can read it or ignore it. Matters nary a whit.

1) The Confederacy Ceded from the US, and formed another nation.

2) the US didn't like the loss of agricultural base (not to mention the tax revenues from Confederate import/export trade), took exception, and invaded the Confederacy to re-annex it.

3) the US conquered the Confederacy, and did indeed re-annex it.

4) The US conquered what they like to claim now as "their own people".

5) Life is strange.

The Civil War was about economics. Why was it about economics? Because the plantations could not be run without slave labor.

Anyway you twist it, it's still about slavery. About owning another human being. About forcing that human being to work for your own profit.

Slave laborers in Bangladesh probably have more rights.

That is what the Confederation is about. That is what the flag represents.

You can spout all you want about Seceding, about state rights, about not being controlled, etc etc ----- does not change the real bottom line.

There is no comparison between the U.S. flag and the Confederate flag.

This is the type of thing that is really mind blowing to me. How can you and so many people think that the south (and it's flag) stood for slavery, and only that? The south was a beautiful civilization that was apart of this country, with a beautiful culture that also shaped this country. HOW can you people think that the civil war was about slavery- do you know nothing about the actual history- do you care to take a look at the facts and gaze away from the BS mainstream lowly public school level of academia that is completely and utterly full of fabricated, falsified shi*??

GUESS WHAT, the north had slaves too - guess WHAT the north didn't fight the south for this lovey dovey ideal of equality for african americans to have equal rights, in fact they had no intentions of the sort - Lincoln and the leading union state's plan was to send them to central america after the war - to basically in laymen's terms get rid of them and kick them out of America. Lincoln doesn't seem to think very deeply on the issue in one of his (many similar) statements here:

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

Another thing, should most of the world take down their flags too? Since, (you probably don't know this since they don't spoon feed the actuality of the history of slavery to the masses) EVERY ETHNICITY/GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD A THRIVING (OR TO PUT IT MUCH LESS ABOVE AVERAGE) CIVILIZATION HAD SLAVES - AND GUESS WHAT? THEY ENSLAVED OTHER RACES OF PEOPLE AS WELL. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME. Does that mean that their flags are hateful too and that all of their history only stands for hate and slavery?

Have you ever heard of the Arab slave trade? IN FACT from the 7th century all the way up to the 20th century their slave trade of africans continued in amounts well over 20 million. O'h not to mention another slave trade that they had which no one cares to know any damn thing about since it's just white people (double standard right on QUE) - for hundreds of years they ALSO kidnapped and took over 1.5 million Europeans from their homes on the coast and forced even small children to go with them back to their land as slaves.

That's just a recent form of slavery that no one cares to dwell about and embed into the minds of students and sheep.

So, where is their apology? Where are the hours and hours worth of the history of that in mainstream books/academia (like there is for the south who had a mere grain of sand in comparison to the duration of time that this went on (and still does) and amount of slaves that they had? Where is the arabic muslim apology to the people of Africa, and of course less sought after and the unthinkable - where is the apology to the millions of Europeans? Where is their guilt for practicing a far more horrendous form of slavery? Where are their attempts for reparations to try to heal the past suffering that was endured?

O'h I think I see it! It's shown when their radicals are burning our flag and worst of all doing something insanely prejudice - like constantly threatening to kill and of course going to the level OF killing people who are not one of their own, who do not practice their religion! That's their way of doing these things! There we go!

The devastatingly disgusting amount of hypocrisy and double standards is absolutely insane. People need to stop being brainless wonders and begin to actually look at the facts and reality of things.

finally someone who knows history. Excellent points. The Civil War was fought because the south did not want to help pay the North's debt to Europe. They didn't want to pay taxes. They thought they didn't need the North. Lincoln, as you said, was ambivalent to the idea of slavery at first but used the 13 amendment as political leverage. There was a recent movie about Lincoln that made that pretty clear.

I read this morning that some blogger wrote we are doing just what ISIS is doing in Iraq....going around destroying monuments to history that offend Islam. Great. Washington, Jefferson, and most of the founding fathers owned slaves at one time or another. We probably should burn Mt Vernon to the ground. It is better to remember history so as not to repeat it than destroy it so we can relive it. While we are at it....every piece of art offends someone as well....that is the nature of art. Lets destroy art.

I can do this all day.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I would like to propose a ban on stupid people.

Can we do that?

and lawyers.

and politicians.

Let's be inclusive!

I'm from Texas and when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's I remember seeing the Rebel Flag lots of places, flown by blacks and whites. It seemed like it represented more of a symbol of unity in rebellion of some of what was happening in the government and world during some of those times.

But at the same time, the Union won the war....I don't know of any country that has won a war and let the opposing sides flag still fly. Still, banning a symbol that has so many different meanings to so many different people just seems like a bad idea to me. I do believe all these companies jumping on the bandwagon of not selling the merchandise though to be a bit overboard.

In any event, I've decided the best thing is to just fly a different flag altogether:

Assassin's Creed - Black Flag

Arrrrhhh Matey!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

Never use logic reasoning in a argument, ideals always

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

yea like the last time.

from your link.

Three days after the battle, on 28 September, the Normans under William II landed on the south coast of England. King Harold had to rush his battered, weary army south to meet the new invasion. Less than three weeks after Stamford Bridge, on 14 October, Harold was defeated and killed at the Battle of Hastings, beginning the Norman Conquest of England, and ending the Anglo-Saxon era. So many English senior Thegns and lesser noblemen died at Stamford Bridge and Hastings that it was difficult for the Anglo-Saxons to resist their new Norman lords; there were no leaders with standing to rally around.

you really should read your history lesson before you post them.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wars are Ideals, they are a fantasy.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Temudjin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yea like the last time.

from your link.

Three days after the battle, on 28 September, the Normans under William II landed on the south coast of England. King Harold had to rush his battered, weary army south to meet the new invasion. Less than three weeks after Stamford Bridge, on 14 October, Harold was defeated and killed at the Battle of Hastings, beginning the Norman Conquest of England, and ending the Anglo-Saxon era. So many English senior Thegns and lesser noblemen died at Stamford Bridge and Hastings that it was difficult for the Anglo-Saxons to resist their new Norman lords; there were no leaders with standing to rally around.

you really should read your history lesson before you post them.

What ? ? ?

When did the Vikings become The Normans ?

LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

the Normans are descents of Vikings.

The Normans (French: Normands; Latin: Nortmanni) were the people who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. The Normans (French: Normands; Latin: Nortmanni) were the people who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. They were descended from Viking conquerors of the territory and the native Merovingian culture formed from Salian Franks and Roman Gauls (see Gallo-Roman culture).[1][2] Their distinct identity emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.h century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.

as you so love to point out that any country that came from a british colony is inherently british or as you say british stock the same should apply to other counties and their founders.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

edit on 25-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

the Normans are descents of Vikings.

The Normans (French: Normands; Latin: Nortmanni) were the people who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. The Normans (French: Normands; Latin: Nortmanni) were the people who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. They were descended from Viking conquerors of the territory and the native Merovingian culture formed from Salian Franks and Roman Gauls (see Gallo-Roman culture).[1][2] Their distinct identity emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.h century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.

as you so love to point out that any country that came from a british colony is inherently british or as you say british stock the same should apply to other country and their founders.

Did you actually read what the post was about?

Or just skew it to your own interests?

Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

BLASPHEMY! We worship him, you do not!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

BLASPHEMY! We worship him, you do not!

How can you blaspheme someone you don't worship?

Troll alert.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

I read this morning that some blogger wrote we are doing just what ISIS is doing in Iraq....going around destroying monuments to history that offend Islam.

That should be plastered in headlines everywhere!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join