It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the US flag as well.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
No, they thought you were serious because they hate the American flag as well. Hey, why not go with a smiley face on a field of happy little clouds?
a reply to: yuppa

Cause i thought there were enough intelligent people to figure it out from my past posting history and political stances.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think I'll go ahead and keep that Flag...despite all of your baseless allegations.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There isn't a flag in the world that is inoffensive to all and if they were all banned there would be no flags.

If all the people in the world got uppity about other nations and people that were enemies of their ancestors, there would be any country in any nation on the planet without enemies, nor are there any nations that have a 100% record of niceness to their people and others.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
I think I'll go ahead and keep that Flag...despite all of your baseless allegations.

Read up to page 2 to figure out I was not being serious. ALTHOUGH there WILL BE A ATTEMPT to remove the US flag eventually.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There is a true patriot or a racist being sarcastic. If you really mean it than I agree with you, the american flag should be burn until it stops being use as an imperial flag which it was not intended to be. Your children, grandchildren and greatgranchildren will have to pay as slaves for your ignorance and stupidity. Since they would have to pay for the wars, bailouts, closed doors deals and genocides that were committed during your lifetime, and that you have ripped benefits from. If you are just a racist trying to be sarcastic I say to you, same as previously but im also going to let you know that all your decendents will on top of beign slaves, be married to blacks and hispanics, good night.

edit on 28-6-2015 by anarkyangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anarkyangel
There is a true patriot or a racist being sarcastic. If you really mean it than I agree with you, the american flag should be burn until it stops being use as an imperial flag which it was not intended to be. Your children, grandchildren and greatgranchildren will have to pay as slaves for your ignorance and stupidity. Since they would have to pay for the wars, bailouts, closed doors deals and genocides that were committed during your lifetime, and that you have ripped benefits from. If you are just a racist trying to be sarcastic I say to you, same as previously but im also going to let you know that all your decendents will on top of beign slaves, be married to blacks and hispanics, good night.

Well I personally think that the US should stop going to other countries and acknowledge their crimes against the Indians and gran them better living conditions. Also I dont have any kids,and would not want to bring any into this world. All countries run in the red BTW and I can assure you the US will go down in flames with MAD if it was coming down to them being slaves.

I had the urge to report your post but Im going to let it stand for a example of How to NOT post within th e TnC about calling someone a racist and insulting their intelligence as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: icewater

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: yuppa
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

No one is "banning" the Confederate Battle Flag. Many people, myself included, simply feel that it should not be flown at any State building. Not that big of a deal except for racists, really.

Except there are companies banning the confederate flag. ....

This argument is stupid. If McDonalds refuses to sell you a gun, have guns been banned?

Honestly...SO effen what...Amazon etc. is allowed to make a business decision without the South demanding in a communist fashion the right to dictate what they do or do not sell.

There will ALWAYS be someone to buy the flag from...any flag...hell there are entire websites dedicated to selling KKK and white supremacy T-Shirts, bumper stickers etc. DItto Conservative, Liberal, Satanist etc....ALL... protected all legal.

Stop having a pity party tantrum cuz Amazon won't sell what you want when you want it...buy it someplace else..Like any general store in the south!...It is NOT a ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is already happening.

www.google.com...

www.google.com... 3.4326.0j7j7j8-1.15.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..10.12.2338.lkcVHHDwzug

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, you can think what you want about Lincoln, the Civil War, whether the southern insurrection was traitorous or not, (raising an Army to fight against the federal government seems pretty clear cut to me, but like said, you can think what you want). That's what makes this country great. More power to you and your right to free speech. If you want to use your free speech to support a flag that’s become synonymous with racism, go right ahead. But, don’t be surprised, or get your feels hurt, or demand an apology every time someone assumes that by doing so you must be a racist too, (or in denial about the truth – that it the truth most people recognize, as opposed to the ‘truth’ of which history revisionist are so fond). And, states do not have the authority to practice discrimination. Waiving that flag sends a message – one that apparently has different messages to different people. It’s the responsibility of all democratic governments, including those of our states, to send only one message regarding equality.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

the US discrminates against illegal immigrants so dont tell me they cant discriminate.

did you know that the north was still allowwing slavery up until the end of the civil war? In the north and states not in the confederacy. The north is just as guilty of slavery. Lincoln would had let it go on if the south would had went along with the higher taxes and tariffs. confed flag was not around as long as the US flag and slavery was fully supported by them until the civil war.

Personally both flags meanings have changed but the peoples minds seeing them have not. Both flags symbolize history and not hate these days.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I didn't say states "can't". Of couse they can, and did, and, as you say, in some places that discrimination still goes on today, sadly. What may have gone on in the north, 150 years ago, seems sort of irrelavent here though. The fact is that the north did not raise an army to fight for slavery. The south did. You can try to justify the south's insurection, or try to rationalize it all you want. 150 years ago that flag identified one southern army. Today, here and internationally, it means a lot more than it ever did in 1861.

Look, as I said, I support your right to think wht ever you want. Have a great night, and upcoming Forth of July.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

It may seem ir relevent but it is to a point. its pointing out their hypocracy at th etime. Slavery was constitionally supported then and had the south gave in to the demands IT WOULD HAD CONTINUED under the blessing of the US government.

As such they have no moral high ground. You also have a great 4th of july too.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join