It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylann Roof’s Cousin Claims Love Interest Chose Black Man Over Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: beezzer

By behavioral treatment you mean electric shock therapy ?

I'd settle for one-on-one with a trained therapist, but whatever floats your boat!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So you feel that mental problems can be resolved by talking ? If it were only that simple. Im afraid...that talk can only end in therapist prescribing pills and we are back to square one.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It's a mental health problem that (God strike me down) started under president Reagan when so many mental health facilities closed.

Why, yes, yes it is.

It's the shocking lack of infrastructure in the mental health care field, and a shocking lack of education on the part of the average person.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

There's much more to mental health than popping pills. Though that is/could be part of it.

Proper care, emphasis on proper, is vital. That's up to not only the doctor, but the patient and/or their families/care giver, too.

I've seen the good proper care can do. Wonders.

I've seen the dark side of it, too. ...and it's not pretty.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You see almost as many "PromptCare" clinics as you do Starbucks in the states.

But mental healthcare facilities?

I'd dare anyone to name 3 in the country.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It's a mental health problem that (God strike me down) started under president Reagan when so many mental health facilities closed.

I agree with you

Apparently he had early signs (according to his aunt). He had some OCD issues as early as 3 or 4. (just ONE example).

I have an ADD daughter and a high functioning Autistic grandson. I've learned a lot over the years of early detection and early treatment.

Fortunately, I (they) did get the help they needed very early. My grandson was only 18 months when first detected by a preschool teacher who had a background in Autism. We thought she was crazy. She wasn't. We are grateful that we followed through on her suggestions.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

So you feel that mental problems can be resolved by talking ? If it were only that simple. Im afraid...that talk can only end in therapist prescribing pills and we are back to square one.

Little do you know.

Ever heard of "Elastic Brain"?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I knew a women he liked was getting tapped by a black dude, the second I heard the statement he made about needing to kill black people, because they where raping 'our' women.

People are usually just so easy to read.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I knew a women he liked was getting tapped by a black dude, the second I heard the statement he made about needing to kill black people, because they where raping 'our' women.

People are usually just so easy to read.

It happens to lots of guys.

His reaction wasn't easy.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
But in this case. . . . I will state for the record, that government has to step in and create facilities that can treat mental illnesses that run rampant throughout the country.

I agree. They can start with this board if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"Guns don"t kill people, stupid people kill people"- anonymous

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

While I have never seen a bunny stand like a Man, I have to agree at least in part with you here beezzer...

We have failed as a Country in taking care of our own first. We spend Billions on Aid to Third World Countries, while just in the time I have written this post so far at least one American Veteran has become homeless. That is just the Veterans. Those are our strong brothers and sisters, that actually made it into the Military. There are no weak Soldiers. You don't make it through the training if you are weak minded, or mentalyly ill. Yes, there are a ton of "Crazy Mofo's" in the ranks but that is a different kind of crazy. This should tell us a lot about the product we produce. If we fail to take care of our soldiers, we fail. Throwing drugs at them and throwing them out to the cold, doesn't qualify as Care.

More than 80% of the people locked away in our jails and prisons are there being treated for some sort of mental issue. Many of that 80% have become institutionalized, in the wrong type of institution. 3 hot's and a cot. 2 types of people use that phrase, Soldiers and inmates.

We can't continue to have poor starving people in our own backyard that we overlook, while we send our tax money overseas! If you believe America only has 1st world problems, I'd love to see you try to survive in Houston's 3rd Ward, on the streets with nothing. That would make the best "Reality Show" ever!

We can't keep sweeping our problems under the rug! Look how lumpy the damn thing is already!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join