It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tears of Fools Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Tears of Fools Gold

We all have heard the fables of the elusive philosophers stone through the ages. Many have searched in vain trying so hard to find the secrets in hopes that they will get rich by turning metals into gold. I've always thought of the philosophers stone more of a metaphysical sense.

I don't believe it is an actual object one can hold in the hand or use as a way to get rich by materialistic means. I believe it is an experience, something we all have inside us, something we have to search for on our own. I believe it is the foundation each of us builds and stands on. It's a stone in a certain kind of sense, just not a physical one we can hold in our hand. How sturdy is my stone I wonder ?

Some also think the philosophers stone can be used for achieving longevity or immortality. If I have built a strong and sturdy stone, will I live longer, or will I gain some kind of karmic immortality ?

I have recently been pondering the subject of the philosophers stone and I've come to think it could actually be tears. Think about it... people cry from every emotion they have, sadness, anger, fear, shame, joy, elation, happiness.

Whom causes people to cry which then produces the tears ?
I do, you do, we all do.
I'd much rather cause someone to cry in happiness or joy any day !
I don't want to ever make any one cry for any other reason, but I'm sure I have.

After all tears are of a chemical composition. Could human tears be the philosophers stone ? Or the way to back into the concept of the philosophers stone ?

Aren't a bunch of chemists the ones trying to re-create the chemical process and then take a piece of metal and try to turn it into gold. Have they ever tried using human tears as their chemical solution ?

Hey, there was even a thread on here at one time about a girl crying stones from her eyes, crystals I believe they were. I don't know why I ramble on of such things, why waste time with such endeavors in search of what is only fools gold.

There are many other ways to be enriched and they all go back to the heart and the soul in my opinion. How we treat and enrich ours and other lives is the true philosophers stone. I'm working on mine and I believe its a continuous never ending process not a get rich quick scheme.

leolady

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tears have many essential functions...and then some:

Tears for Life, a company founded by a group of University of Arkansas students to develop a screening tool to detect breast cancer using women’s tears

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady
lovely imagery there leo lady!

The heart of the humans
the lady unseen,
brings forth tears
That no body ever knows,
what they could mean.
But for those who raise up,
out of the mundane.
Magic she does
dancing away.
All those worries
we have never really been.
Water rising from the deserts
a reminder of gold.
in the life of true being.

Eliberocelta june 2015

edit on 24-6-2015 by ancientthunder because: add vid

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Well now there you have it. A real live scenario where human tears are being used as a "philosophers stone" to enhance the lives of humans by detecting cancer earlier on. Tears for the benefit of humanity. Sounds good to me !

leolady

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Thanks for the lovely poem and music. :-)

leolady

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People cry because they care and love. It is a vulnerable expression of love. I've seen this recurring theme in fantasy based shows, movies, music and books. That tears can bring back life.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust17

Interesting read.

Couldn't find a movie reference to tears healing. So, here's a little something something

edit on 24-6-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I love the idea of alchemy. The illustrations from the time when the philosophy of it was rich are beautiful, and the metaphorical postulation of alchemy is just as much so. To me, it is the thing that causes the tears that is the Philosopher's Stone. I feel it can be the people who cause you to cry, or the beauty of an idea. My Philosopher's Stone is when I decipher a dream or a vision. The language of symbols, the most archaic and beautiful I feel, is the gold that makes me feel full and eternal.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Blumenkranz

Dreams, once interpreted, reveal the inner self in all its tarnished and bruised beauty. By interpreting our dreams, we can then act on the insights we gain about ourselves to burn away the tarnish, heal the bruises and hurts, and polish the soul so it shines.

Alchemy and dream interpretation

The illustrations from the time when the philosophy of it was rich are beautiful,

The language of symbols, the most archaic and beautiful I feel, is the gold that makes me feel full and eternal.

Here are some illustrations of symbols for you. Here are what some of them used to look like and you are correct, it was so rich and beautiful. A lost art. We don't see our alchemy masters of today doing similar drawings and illustrations and practices, they probably just do computations on a computer. Do we see the same type of dedication put into it as in medieval days ? Perhaps, just not in the sense that we expect to visualize. Back then they had to hide alot of their work. Today we have more people that are open to this type of inner quest and it is expressed in many many forms of our day to day activities of the times.

The mental and physical discipline required to dedicate years towards the seemingly impossible task of transforming base metal into gold tested the spirit, making of alchemy a spiritual discipline. The trials each apprentice encountered advanced his spiritual understanding of himself and the world. The base metal was his self and his experience of life. The task was to transform his self as well as his waking life into gold. The gold, symbolising the sun (consciousness and enlightenment), was his personal and spiritual transformation.

Images of alchemical apparatus and symbolism

leolady

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Thank you so much for these images and the links. Yes, I agree that this is a lost art. Wouldn't it be lovely to see more people doing something like this again? I identity strongly with the idea of being an alchemist. It's part of my every day life!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Here ya go... I think you shall enjoy this one

leolady

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stardust17

Ooh yea, I didn't think about that. Alot of cartoons and movies use tears in the storyline and they are always magical in nature as you say.

For example in The Last Mimsy, the girls teardrops saves the future world and allows humanity to start over. A cleansing of sorts.

leolady

new topics

top topics

join