It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military to develop full-scale version of badass Malloy hoverbike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Imagine how many lives this could save if you used it in a city as a paramedic. Make the thing twice as big so a stretcher and a pair of EMTs could stand next to a patient. An ambulance that can do 100 down the street even in stand still rush hour traffic.

Maybe make it so it can be landedcon a modified ambulance. Take the ambulance as fast and far as it can go before hitting traffic. If the patient is only another mile or so park the ambulance take a ladder to the ambulance roof start up the hover stretcher. Speed off to the subject at 100mph. Get thete fast and save precious minutes off the response time.
edit on 23-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Imagine how many lives this could save if you used it in a city as a paramedic. Make the thing twice as big so a stretcher and a pair of EMTs could stand next to a patient. An ambulance that can do 100 down the street even in stand still rush hour traffic.

Maybe make it so it can be landedcon a modified ambulance. Take the ambulance as fastc and far as it can go before hitting traffic. If the patient is only another mile or so park the ambulance take a ladder to the ambulance roof start up the hover stretcher. Speed off to the subject at 100mph. Get thete fast and save precious minutes off the response time.

I want to agree with you, but I'd have to see how often traffic and travel time are responsible for someone's death or survival. I'm not sure that it would make a huge difference.

I could see these being used as supply drones in third world countries, disaster areas, and war zones similar to Amazon's push to use quadcopters for delivery drones. Imagine being able to send in a fleet of medium-size quadcopters loaded with food/water/blankets/first aid supplies immediately after a natural disaster. It would have made a huge difference after Katrina when the national guard couldn't get into New Orleans.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
It would have made a huge difference after Katrina when the national guard couldn't get into New Orleans.

Hell, they could get into Hattiesburg but they wouldn't pass out supplies.

The Sheriff had to steal a NG truck to get ice for the clinic.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: grey580

Another fracking waste of US taxpayer dollars to feed the wealthy war mongers. Yipee - ain't it kewl.

You might want to keep in mind that the internet you're using to post crap about military R&D is the result of military R&D.

Partially - actually CERN and other private universities had much more to do with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Ha ha....love you guys.....

In case you missed it.......this was developed, engineered and invented by a BRITISH tech company.......NOT American.

You just supply the money, you know the oodles of it the Homeless people and trailer trash have.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Guy's are way behind time check this Canadian Hoverboard

CANADIAN Hoverboard

and here

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Way cool but another boondoggle which will go the way of the flying Humvee.

rt.com...

I do believe that as technology gets better it will have a place in every military but think this one is destined to fail as there is not enough money or support for the project and just a line in the water at this point but we shall see. As a member of the Army, I don't know many Soldiers I would ever want to fly me around in something like this or the flying Humvee...good thing it can fly itself...at least until it gets hacked.

It is super cool though and do look forward to seeing them roll off the line for the leisure market but bound to be outside of my spending range.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Whatever they do with it, they need to put some chicken wire or something over those blades... Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It is only a matter of time before personal flight becomes a reality.

Combined with the projected leaps in energy storage, materials fabrication and information processing: lightweight, semi autonomous flying devices with great safety records must be less than 50 years away.

Could be that "we" never get a go on them though because they would also make great insertion/extraction for lightweight robots to do any logistical fetching and carrying tasks you can imagine (Skynet cough!).

Not saying someone will definitely physically (as well as financially) enslave humanity but there is a reason lots of cultural tales have Humanities worse nightmare as "things from the sky".

A flying Robocop with integrated surveillance would be able to patrol 10 square miles of urban population easily- come quietly or there will be.. trouble!

edit on 24-6-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I've been giving some thought to building swarming drones with Flying Monkey suits on.

It would be one of my worst nightmares come to life. I used to hate those damned things.

For practical effects done in the 30's, the flying monkey abduction scene was amazingly good. How they did those angles watching the monkeys landing and running from above and behind I don't know. Still creeps me out.

Just imagine swarms of quad riding cops descending on you. It would be sort of like this, with tactical gear, and batons.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: Seamrog

Ha ha....love you guys.....

In case you missed it.......this was developed, engineered and invented by a BRITISH tech company.......NOT American.

You just supply the money, you know the oodles of it the Homeless people and trailer trash have.

When Her Majesty's subjects can do something cool with it, get back to me.

Till then, we'll take it and make it cool.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Cough Harrier Cough....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Wrong... Everyone says arpa net was the precursor to the internet.. While it was the first network to use TCP/IP, the only thing that allowed the internet to take place and prove the feasibility of it, was BBS's. Without BBS's, the internet as we know it would not exist.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Cough Harrier Cough....

Harrier is cool...I'll give you that!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Answer

Wrong... Everyone says arpa net was the precursor to the internet.. While it was the first network to use TCP/IP, the only thing that allowed the internet to take place and prove the feasibility of it, was BBS's. Without BBS's, the internet as we know it would not exist.

Jaden

Do you REALLY want to get into a "chicken or the egg" argument about technological advancements that were born out of military R&D?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Cool. Probably won't go anywhere this decade or the next, but very cool. I'd buy one for personal use, you know, after I win the lottery.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Just imagine swarms of quad riding cops descending on you. It would be sort of like this, with tactical gear, and batons.

Do you think they could give up the donuts enough to make weight?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Jukiodone

I'd pay good money to see that commie roundup but with the internet we can all munch popcorn and watch for free.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Do you think they could give up the donuts enough to make weight?

There are a few skinny ones. Not a lot, though.

eta: O'course, the chubby 300 pound ones on quad copters hovering over you might be a lot more fear inducing. I'd rather have a Barney Fife cop land on me by accident than some gone-to-seed high school defensive tackle.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Everyone was spooked by them monkeys...them and the shriveling witch has my daughter hiding even though she watches modern DIZZNEE "mild peril and harrowing scenes" without flinching.

What do we think in terms of getting rid of the physical rotor blades as they are the main cause of noise and risk?
Strapping explosive substances to your back isn't everyones cup of tea either.

How's about employing a couple of (fictitious) super charged Ionic Air propulsion hoops to utilise Electrohydrodynamics instead of rotors and it would be an attractive proposition.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join