It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Tools!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
How great are power tools!?! I've never really used them before but been helping a mate make some raised beds in the garden and some other garden landscaping stuff and I've fell in love with them!
I went and bought myself a heavy duty jigsaw and masonry drill and been playing about with them at home and practising and experimenting. The jigsaw cuts through wood like butter. It really makes short work of furniture. I'll have to buy some more furniture cos all the chairs and tables are dead now, even the settee. And the drill makes holes in walls but I may need to put some shelves up. The floorboards are running out too so I gotta be careful not to fall in.
The landlord isn't so happy with me though but I told him at least I'm not making a mess now that he stopped me doing the roadkill art so I gotta do something to keep me busy.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Its possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

You think it cuts through wood like butter you should see what it does to flesh

If you are new to power tools always remember SAFETY FIRST.

They will remove a digit or limb faster than you can blink. Just remember, pack it in ice and get to a good ER.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProxyBear
Its possible.

Another new member with the "its possible" replies.

What is up with you??

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You can also by bi-metal blades for your jijsaw or for any saw actually . Your hammer drill is more about using it correctly if you want to get life out of your bits . a little water also helps .

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, thanks. Don't worry. I'm a very careful person. And I've been having LOADS of practice with them. 3 days now, but maybe I should get some sleep? Not lost a finger yet, touch wood. The front door was a bit tough though and I had to use 5 blades!
edit on 23-6-2015 by taoistguy because: e

edit on 23-6-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
unplug the tools and take your meds

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

You can also by bi-metal blades for your jijsaw or for any saw actually . Your hammer drill is more about using it correctly if you want to get life out of your bits . a little water also helps .

Er, thanks. I don't understand all that though. what's a bi metal blade and do I drink the water???

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

You think it cuts through wood like butter you should see what it does to flesh

If you are new to power tools always remember SAFETY FIRST.

They will remove a digit or limb faster than you can blink. Just remember, pack it in ice and get to a good ER.

LOL you just reminded me!
When making a delivery to a house the customer asked me in for coffee. Sat in the corner was her husband, he had no thumbs and several fingers missing from both hands! They obviously noticed me gawking at his hands because he told me of the THREE accidents he'd had with the saw!
About five minutes later their son came into the room and he had two thumbs missing and one finger, and yep, he too had been a victim of the saw that lived in the shed!

Some people should stay away from power tools!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have used power tools since about 5 yrs old. I love them too.

But one night, just finishing a deck for a friend, tired and in a hurry, I took about 1/2 an inch off my left index finger.

As it happened I realized what a stupid mistake it was but it was over before I could even react.

Enjoy your new hobby! And post pics of your projects

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I have used power tools since about 5 yrs old. I love them too.

But one night, just finishing a deck for a friend, tired and in a hurry, I took about 1/2 an inch off my left index finger.

As it happened I realized what a stupid mistake it was but it was over before I could even react.

Enjoy your new hobby! And post pics of your projects

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. Did it grow back since you were 5? Or were yhou older?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Seriously??

I shouldn't laugh but....BWAHAHAHA.

I am laughing because I can picture it happening. I have had a few close calls in my 45 yrs with saws.

They are no joke, can alter your future in a nano second.

Thanks for the story

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It happened about 13 years ago, so I was about 37 at the time.

I have just gotten used to it now.

I WISH it grew back

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Oh. I see. Maybe you should inject dome gecko genes? Or eat what they eat?
I hear that when they climb walls the atoms of their pads merge with the atoms of the wall.

Do you wear goggles?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I couldn't help but laugh at your enthusiasm of losing your power tool virginity. It's an awesome feeling, isn't it ?!

We've all been there, done that.

I had to buy hubby his first power drill for Christmas when we started dating many moons ago. I cringed everytime he picked up my 18v DeWalt drill.... that's my baby and nobody but me is allowed to caress it's beautious curves dammit !

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I couldn't help but laugh at your enthusiasm of losing your power tool virginity. It's an awesome feeling, isn't it ?!

We've all been there, done that.

I had to buy hubby his first power drill for Christmas when we started dating many moons ago. I cringed everytime he picked up my 18v DeWalt drill.... that's my baby and nobody but me is allowed to caress it's beautious curves dammit !

Yes. My jigsaw is called Henry and my drill is called Henrietta.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

He needs a license for those tools. Sounds as if he has made them into weapons of mass deconstruction.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was working the summer in a metal fab shop when I was about 16.
Grinding weld bevels on pipes.
I made the mistake of leaning into a grind and slipped.
I could see my knee cap with nice slot dug into into it.
I have been very cautious with power tools since.
The smell of blood and bone drives a lesson home.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I was working the summer in a metal fab shop when I was about 16.
Grinding weld bevels on pipes.
I made the mistake of leaning into a grind and slipped.
I could see my knee cap with nice slot dug into into it.
I have been very cautious with power tools since.
The smell of blood and bone drives a lesson home.

Oh dear. glad you're still alive.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: haven123

He needs a license for those tools. Sounds as if he has made them into weapons of mass deconstruction.

dude's cut up his furniture...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join